Twinkle Light Question

Main Street USA

Are we sure Disney uses the c9 size? I would swear that they are smaller than that. I remember the Candlelight Processional really well, and the trees in America Gardens theatre seemed to have the smaller style lights.

Debbie

Main Street USA said:
Are we sure Disney uses the c9 size? I would swear that they are smaller than that. I remember the Candlelight Processional really well, and the trees in America Gardens theatre seemed to have the smaller style lights.

I was thinking the same thing. C-9 seems too large. Maybe when you go in a few weeks; you can make a point to check it out? This has piqued my curiousity, as I would love to twinkle up my house!

BTW: Zack have a great time! :wave:

COProgressFan

Main Street USA said:

What a topic, and obsession with Disney AND Christmas! Who would have have thought?! :lol:

I think they might be C7 bulbs -- just like the C9's but a bit smaller. C7's are the ones a little bit smaller than C9's. Still bigger than "mini" lights but not as huge at C9's. C7's are the same size a little nightlight bulbs.

CoP

Dredd15

Is anyone going to MK soon? If so, take a digital camera with zoom and get a close up of one of these babies!

Though, I'm sure Disney uses LEDs ... so whether or not we use C7 or C9 size, it'll achieve the same effect :p

colliera

Ooops! Wrong specification

Main Street USA said:

Yes you are correct. I've gone back and re-edited my post to reflect the mistake. Thanks for catching that. :sohappy:

Main Street USA

Ringo8n24 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the greatest Christmas movies of all time...
Watching it right now! I may even make a few t-shirts off of this film for my christmas trip...scratch that.....I WILL be making a few t-shirts off of this film for my Christmas trip. (may add a few Christmas Story t's as well.) WEEEEEEEE!

Ok, so who's gonna do a search and find the MINI twinkle lights for sale?????

WDWScottieBoy

Main Street USA said:
Well, I found these:

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/CategoryDetail.asp?Action=Filter&CategoryID=93

They even use the explanation "pixie dust" to describe the twinkle. However, they're only spaced 2 inches apart from one another. The mini style looks super professional, though.

....and these...available in 80 foot strands!

https://ssl.adhost.com/noveltylights/merchant.cfm?pid=141&step=4

I was looking at the second ones and they look really cool (the 80' strand would be awesome)....only thing is, they are indoor only.

I want something that I can use just like WDW outside my house this year.

This is what the second site says about them:

Twinkle Lights
The most dazzling twinkle light you have ever seen. Super long life bulbs (25,000 hours) for years of maintenance-free use. Includes controller to regulate twinkle speed. Indoor use only. Black wire. Choose either clear or multi-colored bulbs (red, blue, green, and yellow). Available in 15' and 80' strands. Shipping weight 4 lbs.

The first strand however doesn't mention if they are indoor/outdoor. I'm assuming since they say great for Christmas trees, wreaths, etc they are talking about indoors.

Main Street USA

Yeah, the indoor thing sucks. I'm still going to have to take a REAL close look when I go down in 2 weeks. I'll get some up close pics as well and post them in here so all of us Christmas/Disney nuts can see the real thing. Maybe that'll help with our quest to find the right ones.

I get the feeling that Disney uses the "micro" lights, though. Nice and small, and nearly invisible, and LONG lasting. The normal "mini" lights just seem a little too easy.

Main Street USA

Hiya, folks! I was just at Target yesterday, and I thought you'd all like to know that they're selling the Micro lights, clear in color, and in super long strands for only $6.99. They have 8 settings, and one of them is "twinkle."

I haven't yet bought or tried these out, because I'm waiting until after my trip in a week to make sure I'm after the right thing to duplicate the WDW effect.

I'll keep you all up to date with my findings. ;)

ciscobee

Earlier Doug made reference to Christmas Vacation ... you know, the movie. Thats what he meant by Clark and Rusty. It was a funny joke ... but slipped under the radar.

At one point there was a Disney fan site that sold the Disney style twinkle lights; of course when I checked it out they were unavailble due to design modificstions. Unfortuanately I lost the link; the sites home page had a picture of a building from Disneyland's Main Street USA, I believe.

Debbie

In today's paper, Michaels has the GE mini lights with random sparkle for 2/$7.00. I think I'm going to pick up some tomarrow if I get a chance. These just might be what we are looking for!
I don't know if any of you have a Michaels in your town; but it's a craft store, and a girl like myself can go crazy in there.

Main Street USA

Debbie said:
In today's paper, Michaels has the GE mini lights with random sparkle for 2/$7.00. I think I'm going to pick up some tomarrow if I get a chance. These just might be what we are looking for!
I don't know if any of you have a Michaels in your town; but it's a craft store, and a girl like myself can go crazy in there.

Yeah, the twinlke lights in the size "mini" are fairly easy to come by. During my last week in WDW, I made sure to take some up close pics, and here they are. The size of the bulbs are just a bit larger around than an average guys thumbnail, but definitely AREN'T size C7 or C9, or mini, or micro.

Here's the pics..

Attachments

• IMG_0762 copy.jpg
    IMG_0762 copy.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0764 copy.jpg
    IMG_0764 copy.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 332

Dredd15

OH. MY. GOD.

You, my friend, are my HERO. I have been waiting for pictures like those for YEARS!

Thank you. When I can afford to move out of this apartment a buy a house, my daughter is going to have Twinkle Trees :)

Jason

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom