Turn a movie into an attraction?

Goofy316

________ Tracy is one of my favorites and I would like to see some kind of ride along ride, maybe even similar to the Spider Man attraction over at IOA.

But if we are talking about Disney animated then I would love to see something similar to that but themed to The Incredibles. I think that they were overlooked and my whole family enjoyed that movie.

David

I would do a ride based on Mary Poppins and have it replace Stitch. I know MP does not fit into Tomorroland, but ANYTHING is better than Stitch, IMHO.

CastleBound

I pick National Treasure too, but the trouble is where to fit it in. Obviously it should go in Liberty Square, but not too much room there. It would be great to have an extended Liberty Square with more buildings, landmarks and such. Heres how I would do the ride:

-you would enter the ride's building from the que into a big room that fits lots of people and you watch a screen similar to RNR that shows Nicolas Cage aka Benjamin Gates, Diane Kruger aka Abigail Chase and Justin Bartha aka Riley Poole conjuring up the whereabouts of some American history.
-After the short video, doors open into the loading station where you sit in Horse Buggy type cars that bring you through history. You step into the past which shows a revolutionary period or something to do with history. You learn the facts on your journey.
-You break out of the past and regain somewhere along the trail with the gang. You are now deep into exploring some hidden mystery. They begin to figure out a mystery on a life-like screen playing mixed in with background.
-Scene after scene you travel to different places conjuring up your own version of the truth along with the gang and the ride brings you to an explosive ending.. finding the treasure!!!
-The ride then drops you off at an exit station different from the loading area and you walk into a museum type area. There you can find replicas of American History such as the Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell, and more. From there out you travel into the gift shop to buy National Treasure and American history related items.

Sound any good?

rdour@techminds

Flight of the Navigator

I would have to say a ride based on Flight of the Navigator would rock. It could replace Body Wars. The plot would be simple. Max has come back to study more Earth species, and is discovered by world authorities and chased around the globe. I remember thinking the movie would make a great ride as a kid.

Thrill Seeker

Hmm, that National Treasure idea is pretty good. If only there was room in liberty square...

I really want to see a dark ride based on Up appear. I think if done right, that could be an E-ticket waiting to happen, hopefully at DHS.

Pens24

Turn TSI into Hawaii and have another stitch show there :lookaroun...or have a nightmare before christmas attraction at dhs

TxNewsies

I asked a friend of mine this question who is a Disney fan and her reply was "they should make a ride for Aladdin using the Magic Carpet". It's been a LONG time since her last trip to WDW. Needless to say, I had to inform her that there already is such a ride. :lol:

NewfieFan

Love the National Treasure idea!

I'd also like to see Wall E in either TL or Pixar Place! We need something for that little robot!

Jedeye80

How about a ride or show based on the Jungle Book in DAK,its one of the best animated classics yet its barely represented in any of the parks.

trr1

I would have to say a ride based on Flight of the Navigator would rock. It could replace Body Wars. The plot would be simple. Max has come back to study more Earth species, and is discovered by world authorities and chased around the globe. I remember thinking the movie would make a great ride as a kid.

Compliance

EPCOTPluto

Hmm... I agree with the following two...
Nightmare Before Christmas would be nice to replace Sounds Dangerous as a dark ride
National Treasure can fit American Adventure or Liberty Square as a KP adventure

I would also like to see something from The Incredibles...

no1swfanindy

I love the National Treasure idea! Sounds like it would be fun!

I had an idea for a ride based on Atlantis. It would be a combination of several ride styles such as, a motion simulator like Star Tours based on the submarine vehicles from the movie. They would also go through a water type area much like Splash Mountain or PotC, then drive onto land with a Dinosaur type vehicle. All of these elements could be combined into one vehicle so guests don't move into different vehicles.

The only bad thing is Atlantis was probably not a popular enough film to base a ride attraction on. But some type of ride that combines these ride styles would be cool IMO.

SirGoofy

Anything but National Treasure, especially not in Liberty Square or American Adventure. The historical mistakes make me sick, and the movies are nothing but wannabe Indiana Jones.

I would love to see some love for Hercules. I love the movie, and I think it would be a perfect fit for Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom