Turkey legs???

JillC LI

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me whether the turkey legs at DHS are considered part of a QS meal, or are they a snack, or are they off the DDP? If they can be ordered as part of a QS meal, what is included with them? Thanks! :wave:

WDW FTW

I believe they are a considered a counter service meal, don't preach the word but I'm quite certain someone in my family used one of their counter services on it last time I visited.

WDW_Emily

I didn't search through - but this is one of the most helpful links I have ever received on the boards here.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1539859/get_the_most_out_of_your_disney_dining.html?cat=16

It is a massive list of snacks! It helps you realize how much you can get with that credit!! You can search it to see if Turkey Legs are on there. However, I don't think that they are from what I recall.

according to the link, they dont count as a snack

MKCP 1985

They are definitely not a snack. I heard the turkey leg man tell the guy in front of me in line that turkey legs are more than a snack on the dining plan.

Hope that helps. :wave:

Rob562

Well, here's the best indication...the Toluca Legs Turkey Co is listed on the official DDP brochure as a Quick Service location. So you'll be able to use a Counter Service credit for a turkey leg.

But...according to the menu for that counter, turkey legs are the *only* food they sell. They do not have any desserts listed. So to be honest I'm not sure what they'd do in that instance. It might be that you have to "forfeit" the dessert, maybe they force you to get a bottle of water as your dessert (which you can always do with any Counter Service credit if you don't want a dessert, btw) or perhaps they somehow give you a voucher for a dessert from one of the other food counters in that area.

I think for a definitive answer on the dessert portion would require someone to go to the counter and ask.

I mean, even Casey's Corner has Cracker Jack and brownies as desserts...

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry to be dumb, but what is cracker jack?

images

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Jack

lilclerk

I did get a turkey leg QS meal at the cart in Frontierland. I got a bottle of water, a turkey leg, and chocolate chip cookies.

JillC LI

Original Poster
I did get a turkey leg QS meal at the cart in Frontierland. I got a bottle of water, a turkey leg, and chocolate chip cookies.

Perhaps they have some chocolate chip cookies at Toluca Turkey as well for just such situations. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. It's probably best to just pay the $8 for the turkey leg and save the QS meal for something else though, even if we do have free dining on this trip. Thanks for the info everyone.

plaz10

Toluca Turkey Leg has a QS meal of a turkey leg, bag of chips and a drink. My boyfriend and I split it last May. It worked out well, we both ate the turkey leg and were so full we saved the chips for later.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Toluca Turkey Leg has a QS meal of a turkey leg, bag of chips and a drink. My boyfriend and I split it last May. It worked out well, we both ate the turkey leg and were so full we saved the chips for later.

Ahha! A definitive answer! Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom