TTA reopening pushed back to Sep 12 2009

hack2112

Say what? You want Jay to show Raiders in Adventureland?:veryconfu

:shrug:

Personally, I'd prefer:
FE_Poster02.jpg

Kidding...I know what you meant.:lol: I want it, too.
I think the better question is who doesn't want it?

I think we would take anything at this point.:lol:

Even IJ4.:lookaroun
Stop selling yourself short, Evan. You're better than that!

EPCOT Explorer

I think the better question is who doesn't want it?

Stop selling yourself short, Evan. You're better than that!

:lol: Thanks.

It was a joke...

...But honestly, if WDI took the premise of IJ4, and themed it like DL's IJA... would people really have a problem?:shrug: There are SEVERAL spectacular scenes from that movie that could work...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:lol: Thanks.

It was a joke...

...But honestly, if WDI took the premise of IJ4, and themed it like DL's IJA... would people really have a problem?:shrug: There are SEVERAL spectacular scenes from that movie that could work...
Quite honestly I never got peoples hatred if IJ4. Sure it was not the best of the 4 but I get so sick of the "nuke the fridge" comments. Like skydiving using an inflatable raft is any more plausible.

hack2112

Quite honestly I never got peoples hatred if IJ4. Sure it was not the best of the 4 but I get so sick of the "nuke the fridge" comments. Like skydiving using an inflatable raft is any more plausible.
It was the combination of the cgi scenes and the aliens that destroyed the movie for me. The moment they showed the dead alien's body, the movie became just another way for Lucas and Spielberg to include aliens.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was the combination of the cgi scenes and the aliens that destroyed the movie for me. The moment they showed the dead alien's body, the movie became just another way for Lucas and Spielberg to include aliens.
But it fit with the theme of the crystal skulls. The mythology surrounding them has had an alien element to it. It was really no different than having an immortal Templar Knight guarding the Holy Grail.

hack2112

But it fit with the theme of the crystal skulls. The mythology surrounding them has had an alien element to it. It was really no different than having an immortal Templar Knight guarding the Holy Grail.
Does it make sense to the story? Yes. However, I believe that one of the elements of the original films that made it special to me was the way it never became science fiction. It never even really toed the line, until Crystal Skull.

imagineer boy

Agreed!:sohappy:

I mean, come on its not a bad movie. Not the best of the IJ series, but certianly not a bad movie.

MKCP 1985

Quoted, bolded and italicized for TRUTH.

but still mis-spelled. :p That's okay, he's an LSU man, so we have to cut him some slack. :lol:

Anyway, about the TTA - does its opening today mean anything either way on the scope of Space Mountain's rehab?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does it make sense to the story? Yes. However, I believe that one of the elements of the original films that made it special to me was the way it never became science fiction. It never even really toed the line, until Crystal Skull.
I would have to agree with you there but it seems like the Sci-fi label is beginning to encompass so much more these days. Everything with a monster or mythology is called sci-fi now.

hack2112

I would have to agree with you there but it seems like the Sci-fi label is beginning to encompass so much more these days. Everything with a monster or mythology is called sci-fi now.
True. Sci-fi today has become an absolutely humongous genre.

Just don't get me started on current horror films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom