TTA reopening pushed back to Sep 12 2009

mikeymouse

So are the LED lights out of the testing phase? Are they on as soon as dusk hits through closing? How do the lights 'look' now?

They look great! I will try to get something when we go again this week. They seem to be changing very slowly compared to the testing video, which you don't notice until you look back and its a different color. We didn't go into Tomorrowland last night, just walked past on Main Street USA. The LED's seem to jive well with all the other colors in TL.

EPCOT Explorer

They look great! I will try to get something when we go again this week. They seem to be changing very slowly compared to the testing video, which you don't notice until you look back and its a different color. We didn't go into Tomorrowland last night, just walked past on Main Street USA. The LED's seem to jive well with all the other colors in TL.

Gosh, it sounds awesome.:D

LordHelmut

Here I go again....

And what may destroy any shred of credibility on any future posts...

Sept. 28th was being quoted on the 1st night of MNSSHP by the area supervisor I talked to.... Didn't indicate if that was a soft or normal opening date.

I was in the MK for most of last week, with the exception of the first couple of days, no work was apparent, and it didn't look as if the cars moved beyond Thursday.

It's on the MNSSHP maps as being 'open'

Exprcoofto

Sept. 28th was being quoted on the 1st night of MNSSHP by the area supervisor I talked to.... Didn't indicate if that was a soft or normal opening date.

I was in the MK for most of last week, with the exception of the first couple of days, no work was apparent, and it didn't look as if the cars moved beyond Thursday.

Is Space Mountain listed on the maps as being open?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw it here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map3.htm

They finally removed the old Tomorrowland theater, it was still on the normal guide map last month.

WDWFigment

It wouldn't surprise me if it were delayed even further. I am really betting that work is progressing slower on Space Mountain than anticipated. No inside information there, just a hunch. Thanks for posting the information!

I do have one question though, why do people keep talking about a soft opening on TTA? It's already been delayed twice, so a soft opening makes no sense. At least not in my book. :shrug:

Thrill Seeker

It's beginning to look like it will finally re-open on Saturday! I'm SO excited...

Oh, and I think the spiel will be updated to include SGE and MILF. MILF is actually a very popular and successful attraction that will probably be around for a while SGE? Not so much, but we'll see what the future has in store...

panther726

It's beginning to look like it will finally re-open on Saturday! I'm SO excited...

Oh, and I think the spiel will be updated to include SGE and MILF. MILF is actually a very popular and successful attraction that will probably be around for a while SGE? Not so much, but we'll see what the future has in store...

I don't see any harm it that either. However, if SGE is added to the spiel, this might be a hint that it's going to stay around for a while, unfortunately :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't see any harm it that either. However, if SGE is added to the spiel, this might be a hint that it's going to stay around for a while, unfortunately :brick:

Very true.:shrug:

Ah, how things change in a year or two. I remember thinking that TL was the next land to get it's refurb...Not FL. :( Sad, in a way.

hpyhnt 1000

Anyone know if Alamo is fitting the bill for any of these enhancements (lighting, software,whatever else may have been done) on the TTA, since they are the sponsor (at least, I'm pretty sure they still are...).

EPCOTPluto

The gray box holds speakers for the Tomorrowland BGM.
Interesting. I always thought that there were the ceiling speakers and then the black boxes by the Astro Orbiter.

dis04_23.jpg

Anyone know if Alamo is fitting the bill for any of these enhancements (lighting, software,whatever else may have been done) on the TTA, since they are the sponsor (at least, I'm pretty sure they still are...).
Haven't heard much about Alamo nowadays. Hopefully, they may add any other enchancements we haven't heard about yet. :animwink::lookaroun

It could be that it's in a different spot than I'm thinking, and I just never really see that area. Hmmmm.....
I won't be surprised if it was tucked away in a secluded spot in TL... :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Huh! Good point...

I'm kinda shocked they still sponsor it...

Interesting. I always thought that there were the ceiling speakers and then the black boxes by the Astro Orbiter.

dis04_23.jpg

Haven't heard much about Alamo nowadays. Hopefully, they may add any other enchancements we haven't heard about yet. :animwink::lookaroun

I won't be surprised if it was tucked away in a secluded spot in TL... :shrug:

I think those are fans...

mastif

I didnt see it anywhere, nor do I have the time to skim through all the pages...but are they still going to use the original narrators voice? (I hope)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom