TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

Victor Kelly

They very well may extend the colors to everything like a deranged Sherwan Williams who wants to paint the world. Look everybody Rainbow Mountain!
vomit.gif

TheDisneyMagic

An ADA car would be easy enough to make and load on the moving circle. Not sure whay they couldntnt either make the escalator wheelchair accessible or add a new stop to the tower elevator.
You have to remember in an emergency people would need to be able to evacuate from the ride anywhere along the track, not just the load platform.

To do this, there would likely need to be massive structural work in the ride buildings and along the track.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yeah remember when they did it DL's Tommorowland...Or the "Bronze" Age...Not Good looking...
brownmountain_withhista2000ah.jpg

At least that is better than dingy white... The white now is so gross and dirty...

...Yeah. I was just thinking that. I'll take some color over (obvious) dirty-white any day. Not saying I'm fond of the tans, but at least it hides the grime.

KronosKeeper

An ADA car would be easy enough to make and load on the moving circle. Not sure whay they couldntnt either make the escalator wheelchair accessible or add a new stop to the tower elevator.

That would require a complete ride stop every time the wheelchair car was added otherwise the delay would cause cascading and ride vehicle collisions (more so than usual). The turntable is not designed to accommodate wheelchairs. Unfortunately this isn't an attraction that is ever going to have wheelchair access.

And wait, a escalator with wheelchair access? That's nonsense, right?

cjkeating

Sorry for some potentialy obvious questions but I'm from the UK so don't quite get all of the ADA regulations... how are coasters ADA compliant? Or do they not have to be? Or is it that they will be beyond the limits of some of the people who are disabled? Also, something like the monorail, that doesn't have a constant evacuation path so how does that differ from the TTA? Thanks!

dstrawn9889

That would require a complete ride stop every time the wheelchair car was added otherwise the delay would cause cascading and ride vehicle collisions (more so than usual). The turntable is not designed to accommodate wheelchairs. Unfortunately this isn't an attraction that is ever going to have wheelchair access.

And wait, a escalator with wheelchair access? That's nonsense, right?
URRRRG... they are not Escalators, they are speedramps; no steps, smooth ramp

Otamin

Whilst the actual refurb may not be that great, I actually really like the new paint job, surprisingly.

I think too many people are seeing it as if this is an isolated colour scheme, but Tomorrowland could really work well if these colours are used throughout the land in a subtle way.

In my opinion Tomorrowland as it stands right now is visually incredibly bland and dated, whereas this gives it a somewhat retro yet modern look.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
TTA was having lots of problems today, had an evacuation and all, never got to ride but will try again tomorrow.

The elevators are nearly painted to match the ironwork around them, now they will match.

In person the color isn't bad at all and I really think they are reprinting all of tomorrow land. There is a lot of pipe work being paired yellow along with rocket fins and other highlights. Overall the paint looks good so far, except the red/orange combo right next to each other on the escalators to TTA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom