Trying to make a decision!

Disneygal1

Okay so I know a very similar question was posted not too long ago, but I need your help! So my friends and I are trying to make a decision on either staying at Pop Century or All Star Movies (the other post was about pop vs. music). My friend wants to stay at Movies, but I want to stay at Pop. I really don't know what to do. I have stayed at Movies, but never Pop, and I wanted to stay at Pop because it's newer. What do you think? Are there any big differences between the two?

Adventure

I've stayed at both and enjoyed each for their own reasons. If you are not renting a car and will be relying on Disney transport I would stay at Pop.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

smk

Value resorts no longer share a bus to go to the parks. We shared a bus between Sports and Music to go to DD on our last trip, that is it. They haven't shared for some time now, however, many people continue to say they do.

POP is fine, Movies, Music and Sports are all fine too. Sports was recently updated, I was there last September. The resort is clean and not as spread out as POP. I haven't stayed at any other value except Sports and POP so I can't tell you anything about the others. If you are staying on a WDW property you cannot go wrong with any choice. Just make a plan, go, and have fun!

Upvote 0

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Transportation isn't a problem for me (I will be driving down there). I don't know, I feel that Pop is more updated than the All Star...

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Okay so I know a very similar question was posted not too long ago, but I need your help! So my friends and I are trying to make a decision on either staying at Pop Century or All Star Movies (the other post was about pop vs. music). My friend wants to stay at Movies, but I want to stay at Pop. I really don't know what to do. I have stayed at Movies, but never Pop, and I wanted to stay at Pop because it's newer. What do you think? Are there any big differences between the two?

These exact 2 were compared just a week or two ago. You can search for the thread, it had a lot of input and will probably be helpful.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

My vote goes to Pop. I like the feel and theme of it, and find the food court much easier to deal with in the mornings. I also like that there is more than one beverage station. I agree with you in the more "updated" feel of it.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

never stayed at an All Star but have stayed at POP 3 times and loved it. But I have to agree that either choice would be fine. So in conclusion(sp?) I vote for POP.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have never stayed at Movies but I have stayed at Pop. Pop is the only value we will ever stay in again. It was the only value where we didn't experience any problems, and we are not complainers. I'm not sure if the room is bigger either at Pop but it seemed to be so. (My son was younger so maybe not)
We enjoyed everything about Pop...food court, shop, pools, icons were great and in plenty, buses were good and it was actually quiet at night.

Good luck deciding.:wave:

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Pop is perfect. It's a value resort but during our stay it was perfect. I heard a lot of negative reviews about the All Stars so we chose and loved the Pop. The most silent AC of all hotels we stayed at during our entire vacation in Florida and this includes the POLYNESIAN which has by far the loudest AC of any Disney Resort we stayed at.

Upvote 0

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I made reservations! Because my sister wants to stay at the All Stars, I gave in and listened to her:rolleyes: But anyway, I am so excited!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

If you plan on using the Food Court, I would go to Music. Because of the suites, there are less guests on site.

The big draw back at Pop can be 20-30 minutes to get through the food line and another 20-30 to pay.

We stopped going to Pop because the average meal, breakfast or dinner, took about 60-75 minutes. At the AS Music we spend 20-30 total. It is also much quieter at the food court. Pop gets really loud.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I made reservations! Because my sister wants to stay at the All Stars, I gave in and listened to her:rolleyes: But anyway, I am so excited!! :sohappy:

Doesn't sound like you could wrong either way really! I mean, after all, you ARE in WDW...right! :sohappy:

And hopefully, if there is a next time, she will cave in and let you pick the resort! Have fun!!!! :p:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom