Trying to get friends to agree to come to Disney. Help!!

bgraham34

Original Poster
Ok first off let me say my friends will be reading this so tell them how you feel. Now this is a guys only get together. Every year my friends and I choose a place to all meet for 3 days and have a good time. We come from all over the U.S. and this year we want to do more than just drink. There should be 6 of us in total.

This years choices are Disney World, Vegas, 3 day cruise, and Chicago for baseball games.

I want them to know why we should go so its not coming from my mouth.

Thanks.

MickeyTigg

Personally....I've never try to "talk someone into going" to WDW...I'd always feel that I'm dragging them there and it just wouldn't be as much fun.

Gorjus

This years choices are Disney World, Vegas, 3 day cruise, and Chicago for baseball games.

You are sooooo not winning this one. Guys hate to wait in lines. If the guys are married, going dancing and picking up women are out. Your best arguments are for the E ticket rides, Lights Motors Action, Indiana Jones, golf, horseback riding, boating, parasailing, Richard Petty, NFL experience, and a beer or wine tour of World Showcase. I vote for Baseball.

primetime52

I'd hate to be a buzzkill, but if its a 6 guys (only) get together and you are all over 21, it's hard to argue against Vegas. Disney is great, but I prefer it as a place to go with my girlfriend and/or family. If it's a guys weekend its tough to pass up the Vegas debauchery :D

(PS, I deeply apologize for committing the cardinal sin of speaking against WDW. it won't happen again I promise!!)

jjgoo

From your brief description it sounds like you and your friends are open for all sorts of differnent adventures. Not just drinking and checking out the local wildlife. :D

Since you guys will all be reading this, I will tell you that I did Disney World in three days once (all four main parks) and you couldn't possibly have another place where there is such a variety of things to do and see. Most Disney rides are 1,000 times better than what you would get at your local 6 Flags.

Some of the thrill rides, such as Mission Space are things you cannot experience anywhere else. Everything is so close and easy to get to you'll all have fun and surely be exhausted by the end of the trip.

Even saying all of that I think the biggest bonus for a group of friends is that you won't have to think about how to entertain yourselves. Once you've decided which park to go to all the entertainment is right there. No figuring out who going to pay for the taxi or what to go to next. You will be able to just hang out and have fun. Disney is just designed that way. They want everyone to have fun and come back, so they are focused on making you happy.

I've been to Disney World with friends, family and by myself and always had a blast.

I've been to Disney, Vegas and to Baseball Games. You all should choose Disney. Have fun.

ToTBellHop

Given who is going, I'd actually say Vegas...I couldn't imagine just 3 days at Disney. Nothing would get done...whereas 3 days in Vegas is enough. Disney is more something I'd do for a week and would more likely involve my guy and girl friends. That's not to say Disney can't be fun for a group of guys, but not so much with guys who need to be convinced to go. That is to say, if a group of guys from this site got together for a trip, it'd be a blast. If 1 disney fan and his five non-disney fan guys did this, I'm not so sure it'd be fun.

bgraham34

Original Poster
I will add, that only half of us gamble. All of us drink. We dont really care for strip clubs because we dont want to waste too much money on that.

ToTBellHop

hmmm...I loved my cruise. Maybe you should take a Carnival cruise...lotsa fun for a group of guys. You can take over a hot tub for the day and they'll be more than happy to bring booze right to you lol. You could also do a cruise for under $300 with some of the deals Carnival has. I took a Carnival cruise in March and they definitely favor a younger crowd, so it'd be a lot of fun...and you don't have to pay for food ;) More booze money (which isn't free lol).

poohbear6103

I'd hate to vote against Disney but considering it is three guys for three days I would vote for my Sweet Home Chicago. Baseball (preferably Cubs), lots of great bars around Wrigley Field and great weather. You can also go to some great restaurants downtown at night. It is a great place for a long weekend.
Enjoy, wherever you end up going :)

jjgoo

Guys...

Don't listen to these people who keep saying Vegas. Drink, gamble, shows, blah, blah, blah.

I'm going to guess that since bgraham34 is out of 20's that the rest of you are as well. If you are all around 32 as well I'm going to guess that you've gotten the drinking and carousing bug out of your systems if you ever had it.

Disney isn't just about characters, pirates and princesses although all of those can be a lot of fun. You can have some excellent dinners in all sorts of places. The resorts are clean, well maintained and easy to get around. If you're staying at a Disney resort then all your transportation is provided. You can golf, fish, rent personal speed boats and do all sorts of thing even outside of going to the theme parks. Depending on your personalities you can really make the 3 days as relaxing or chock full of activities as you want.

Plus your friend has been 12 times. You've pretty much got a built in tour guide to the best stuff to do. Take advantage of the situation and go to Disney. You could even check out renting Vacation Club points and end up staying in a really nice hotel for cheap.

Just choose Disney!

jjgoo

What is wrong with you people posting here?!? :shrug:

The request was for help with the place bgraham34 wants. I'm sure the other guys are building their case for there choice. Help the guy out! Tell them the best parts of Disney.

ToTBellHop

What is wrong with you people posting here?!? :shrug:

The request was for help with the place bgraham34 wants. I'm sure the other guys are building their case for there choice. Help the guy out! Tell them the best parts of Disney.
nothing is "wrong" with us. We are posting our honest opinions. I am not bgraham34's puppet, so I let him know what I think would be the most fun for the given situation. This is a Disney forum but Disney is not the end-all of every discussion--most of us admit that there are other fun things in the world besides Disney, and I know, for example, if I want a "boys' night out" (or weekend), Disney may not be my first choice.

EMThompsen

It's not like you can't go to Vegas another year. Have any of the guys been to Disney? Tell 'em don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Remember that ad a few years back for Disney with the tag line ' This place just isn't the same without the kids". There's a lot to do for adults. And you don't have to go to any of the rides designed for little kids. Unless of course you want to. Mission Space, Tower Of Terror, Rock'nRollercoaster are great fun for "big Kids,to name just a few. There's some nice restaurants too. For instance, The California Grill is a great place to go for a steak. And you can see the fireworks from there. Speaking of fireworks, watching Illuminations at The Rose & Crown is fantastic. Go to Disney, Why not?

Hummer1676

Man.....come on....Vegas all the way. I am a big Disney fan but if i was going with 3 guys (no matter what thier age). I would still choose Vegas over Disney. I'm not going into details why, but there is so much to see and do (or not do, layout by the pools). If you need a Disney kick. Why not do a trip to LA instead. just a thought

Baloo423

Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money thats ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher
Theres a thousand pretty women waitin out there
And theyre all livin devil may care
And Im just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas!!!!!! :sohappy:

CoffeeJedi

Dude!
I did this is exact same thing in September with 3 of my buds, we flew in from all over the country. We had a freakin' blast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom