Trying to Decide

princessmommy

Just got back from WDW, and since all my fun was sucked up by my inlaws:brick:, I am planning our next one for just the 4 of us:sohappy:! I am trying to decide between Animal Kingdom Villas, Villas of Wilderness Lodge, and the Boardwalk Villas. We are going the 2nd week of December, so which will have the best Christmas decor? Best geard towards kids (7 &3)etc. I have never stayed at any of these so any and all input will be appreciated.

zurgandfriend

First let me say I feel your pain,I did a grand gathering a few years ago with my in-laws and I still shutter when I think of it.

As for your question I think the Wilderness lodge is beautiful at Christmas.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

I have actually stayed at all 3 with Animal Kingdom being the most recent which happened to be this past December. It was decorated nice but the savanah view made it special for us. My 3 year old son loved seeing the animals right out side the balcony. AKL is so far away from everything that if I didn't have the savanah view I probalby wouldn't stay again. I kind of feel the same way about Wilderness Lodge. Great atmosphere and good places to eat but very secluded. Which is not always a bad thing but not my first choice. I love Boardwalk. Walking distance to Epcot plus so close to many dining choices. I've stayed there twice and it was great both times.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Just got back from WDW, and since all my fun was sucked up by my inlaws:brick:
I feel your pain - this happened to us on 2 of our WDW trips w/ the in-laws.
Our last trip included a family w/ a little girl who threw tantrums throughout the entire trip. :eek:

I am planning our next one for just the 4 of us:sohappy:!
The 1st time we took our kids, it was just the 5 of us & we had the best time. I am hoping that by going again w/ just us 5 in Sept. it will be better than when we went w/ other people.

I am trying to decide between Animal Kingdom Villas, Villas of Wilderness Lodge, and the Boardwalk Villas.
I have never stayed at these resorts, but I like the atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge.

We are going the 2nd week of December, so which will have the best Christmas decor?
Most of the resorts are decorated for Christmas, but the Wilderness Lodge has a big, beautiful Christmas tree in their lobby.

Best geared towards kids (7 & 3)etc. I have never stayed at any of these so any and all input will be appreciated.
For kids, I would say the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Villas.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your trip. Rant to us here. We sympathize.

I would vote for Boardwalk Villas. You can take the boat easily to DHS to see the Osborne lights which are phenomenal.
You can walk/take a boat to Epcot to see Holidays around the world, candlelight processional etc.

Upvote 0

princessmommy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info and sympathy. I guess when you go with a party that size (11), and knowing that 9 of them had never been before, I just expected to much. Once they got the fast pass thing down they wanted to run from one side of the park to the other. for example, going to soarin, then mission to mars, then turtle talk, and back to test track. Which is all fine and good , but I have a 2 year old and 5 year old that couldn't keep up with the power walks unless they stayed in the stroller all day. And every time I suggested we split up, I was the bad guy... Plus, I felt like they treated it like a Six Flags by going from attraction to attraction so fast and not paying attention to all the special touches and details that make Disney magical...
Wheeewww. now that that is off my chest...Thanks for the permission to rant, lol, I feel better now!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I also feel your pain...weh have done our times in the World with a wide range of family and friends. In the end we always have a much better time with just the 4 of us. So rant whenever need!!! As far as where to stay I would have to ask where you plan on spening most of your time. I do agree with one the above posts...the only reason to stay at the AK is to wake up and see the animals from your room. We could tell time by the animals. Was very cool but seems like you send alot of time on the bus. WL...is a great place..we just love it. Chirstmas time it is so pretty. MK is only a nice boat ride away and the monorail is also just a boat ride away. Boardwalk..have not stayed in this area (but will be for the first time in 141 days...not that i am counting). If you plan on lots of time at Epcot or HS than this would be a great choice. When it really comes down to it pick the resort you think you will get the most of out....location and theme.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom