Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Moustronaut said:
Yea it sorta would. Have you ever watched "Survivor" when they do the night shots with similar infrared lights and cameras? The peoples faces very light with these creepy hollow black eyes. Just the way the human body reflects IR radiation
Yep, and if you look in my photo album in some of the recent pics, there's one of my face with the nightshot (although much closer) and I have those same black eyes. Very spooky looking.

WDWSwashbuckler

Alright, some of you probably knew I was going to post soon, but here it goes. As a cast member who works at the Haunted Mansion, I can tell you what this is. Now, I began working at the Mansion back in August. I remember working pretty late nights for the first few weeks. At unload, I would often hear a child giggling and singing. A while later, I heard them imitating little leota and giggling some more. I assumed it was children getting off the ride, but when nobody got off, I got a little creeped out. I started hearing this for a couple nights in a row and decided to ask a fellow cast member about it. They told me that it was a ghost of a child named by Mansion CMs "Little Boy Wonder". I continually heard this child late at night and grew a little used to it. However, about a month later, I was working at unload again and the ride suddenly turned off. I turned around and a mist was standing on the mat after little leota. I looked up and it had a very distinct fact exactly like the child pictured here. I didn't know what to say. It didn't look at me. It seemed to be peering down the hall called our jog area, the place where all the buggies go from unload to load. A couple weeks later, I was doing a ride through to check for trash and I knew for a fact that there was noone for a long way ahead of me. As we rounded the seance circle, I saw him again sitting in a buggy. Since then, I have still heard him singing at unload and have grown very used to him. My friend has a habit of talking to him if he gets really bored late at night. Anyway, I just wanted to verify that there is really a ghost of a child that resides at the Haunted Mansion and MSU was lucky enough to catch him on film. I do not know of anyone else that has ever taken a picture of our beloved Little Boy Wonder. We also have another spirit that stands back in our jog area and calls out our names the entire day. It sounds like a female, but the ghost has yet to be spotted with the eye.

SpenceMan01

I loaded the first posted pic into photoshop and started playing around. I adjusted the threshold down to 128, and this is what I came up with:
f6-HMGhost-Threshold.jpg

I can definitely see a couple eyes, an eyebrow, an ear, a nose and lips. I dunno how I feel about ghosts, but this is freaky.

pepper2028

Wow.. that photoshop image is spooky! Im sitting alone at night as I type this and Im really getting spooked my self...
I wonder if there is a way to duplicate this photo on the ride in the same conditions to see if it is possible to turn around and look back out of a buggie lake that..Ive been on the ride dozens of times and I dont think its humanly possible to be looking backwards like the image in question shows.

nicholas

WDWSwashbuckler said:
Alright, some of you probably knew I was going to post soon, but here it goes. As a cast member who works at the Haunted Mansion, I can tell you what this is. Now, I began working at the Mansion back in August. I remember working pretty late nights for the first few weeks. At unload, I would often hear a child giggling and singing. A while later, I heard them imitating little leota and giggling some more. I assumed it was children getting off the ride, but when nobody got off, I got a little creeped out. I started hearing this for a couple nights in a row and decided to ask a fellow cast member about it. They told me that it was a ghost of a child named by Mansion CMs "Little Boy Wonder". I continually heard this child late at night and grew a little used to it. However, about a month later, I was working at unload again and the ride suddenly turned off. I turned around and a mist was standing on the mat after little leota. I looked up and it had a very distinct fact exactly like the child pictured here. I didn't know what to say. It didn't look at me. It seemed to be peering down the hall called our jog area, the place where all the buggies go from unload to load. A couple weeks later, I was doing a ride through to check for trash and I knew for a fact that there was noone for a long way ahead of me. As we rounded the seance circle, I saw him again sitting in a buggy. Since then, I have still heard him singing at unload and have grown very used to him. My friend has a habit of talking to him if he gets really bored late at night. Anyway, I just wanted to verify that there is really a ghost of a child that resides at the Haunted Mansion and MSU was lucky enough to catch him on film. I do not know of anyone else that has ever taken a picture of our beloved Little Boy Wonder. We also have another spirit that stands back in our jog area and calls out our names the entire day. It sounds like a female, but the ghost has yet to be spotted with the eye.
Wow, thanks for the stories! Had it been me, I woulda demanded I got reassigned to a new ride the second I heard any sign of this kid giggling. Fascinated by stories like this, but at the same time, they scare the livin bejesus out me.

cru5h

Ok I'm glad I read the story of the boy this morning and not last night. I'd never have have fallen asleep.

I must have missed it when you said the camera was on night vision. But yes, then that explains a lumited face. I'm still a believer in the ghost story though ;)

If you believe as well: What do you think his "story" is? Like maybe a child who passed away, not necessarily there, but his spirit was drawn back to the Magic Kingdom because he loved it there or something? I think I'll haunt Disney World when I die :D

1stStarIC2nite

This might just scare me away from the Haunted Mansion... :lol:

I definately believe it however... good job getting that photo!!

I heard about a little boy who haunted the HM though. It went something like he love the HM so much, but then unfortunately died. Then his mother wanted to spread his ashes somewhere in the attraction so he could be with it forever. She of course, was denied permission, but she did it anyways. It was said she emptied his ashes in the atic scene.. :lookaroun Creepy stuff!

dukein2009

not exactly

the horned king said:
there are a few things about the photo that make me think it is not a person but something else maybe not a ghost but not a real person.

first, the way person is facing they would have to be almost completely turned around in their buggy.

second, why would someone turn around in the middle of a theme park ride. there aren't any noises or anything that would make you face that way. i've been on the haunted mansion at least 20 times and i am so caught up in the ride that i'm not worried about other people.
I think I have just realized something that nobody has noticed yet. This is a person, and this is still freaky. It is freaky just because fo the look of the photo but this is a real person and there is a real explanation for why they are turned around.

If you notice the faint outline of the doombuggy directly in front of the phtotograph. You can slightly see the outline of it, the top portion of it. You can see that this is an area where the doombuggies begin to turn to the side. You can see the angle of the buggy directly in front and see that it is turning, about mid turn. The buggy in front with the face is even futher turned to the side. This is something many people, new guests do. The buggy turned to the side and someone poked their head out to see behind them. The timing of the photo was right at the time this individual poked their head out. Still a very spooky photo but I think that explains it as I have see many many people poke their heads out when the buggies are turned sideways.

MKCP 1985

This is a great thread, fun and freaky photo. I have a feeling we will never know definitively what or who the image is, but we can debate it forever.

Thanks for sharing the photo. I certainly believe you when you say the photo is undoctored.

Hey everybody, how about giving up some green rep for our man, Main Street USA, for bringing us this photo and this issue to talk about :sohappy: (I'd give, but I still have some more spreading to do. :eek: ).

Lauriebar

Yikes!!!

Doesn't matter much to me whether it's a ghost or not...either way it is a truly creepy picture. I'm scared!!:lookaroun :D

WDWSwashbuckler

The mother who spread her boy's ashes was in disneyland. We're not really quite sure who this kid is and why he's here. There are other very strange things we have witnessed around the mansion. Doing the walkthrough at night is especially creepy.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, the more important question is wether or not he counts as one of the 999 ghosts. If not, there is 1000 and Disney will have to change the whole preshow.

raven

Main Street USA said:
Here's some details of the camera:

I had to use my Sony TRV330 Video camera because it's all I have with nightshot, and it allowed for the attachment for the extended and strengthened nightshot. This camera does not have megapixel capability.

Memory Stick is a newer Lexar 128 mb.

Nightshot and nightshot accessory were turned up to the max, which could explain the brightness of the face. From what I can tell the nightshot with the attachment is capable of about 50 feet truly, rather than 100 as stated. I would guess, by looking at the pic, that that particular doombuggy is about 15 - 20 feet away.

I certainly wish now that I had a nightshot capable of taking a shot of at least a couple megapixels, but this camera model is 3 or 4 years old when they were first coming out with megapixels for camcorders.

Ok. Nightshot doesn't look like that. Your photo: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=12383&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=5 is what a typical nightshot looks like. Everything in the picture would show up green. Why is only the face green? nothing else in the picture shows up except the normal lighting in that sceen. And if the camera's night shot was turned up to the max then it's a pretty cheap camera. I got a $120 digital camera at a local drug store that has a better night shot than that. I'm not complaining about the camera though. The picture just looks too fake to me that's all. Something that can easily be created in a photo editing program. :rolleyes:

Bigg Robb

WHOA! that is pretty eerie, i have goosebumps.

but here is a thought, lets say that is in fact Little Boy Wonder and he is in that buggy. WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT SAT THERE FOR THE RIDE!!! o man, they had a real ghost sitting next to them, now that is freaky.

if u look at the kid closly, it looks like he is dressed up in a black suit and tie, w/ his hair combed down.

now for those who think it was a person, what person would dress up in a dark suit and light tie (at that age, looks like 8-12) to go to WDW???

freaks me out because everytime we ride this i tell my 5 year old sister its not real, now i maybe the one more scared then her.

BOO! :D : :lookaroun

nicholas

WDWSwashbuckler said:
The mother who spread her boy's ashes was in disneyland. We're not really quite sure who this kid is and why he's here. There are other very strange things we have witnessed around the mansion. Doing the walkthrough at night is especially creepy.
I would love to hear more of your stories of strange events happening.

Just not right before I go to bed though.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Wow. Just wow. Something really weird and probably coincidental happened right as I closed the picture. A few of the neon glow in the dark stars on my ceiling fell off. The noise scared the crap out of me but then I thought what are the odds of 3 of those stars falling at the same time now when they have never fallen in 6 years. I heard from a friend that he saw one of them shoot across the roof one night while trying to fall asleep on my floor one night, so who knows. This is coming from someone that doesn't believe in ghost at all and I think more signs point to that being a ghost in the picture than a person. I've seen pictures like this before but always assumed they were crap. Since a CM can confirm he has heard the noises it makes me wonder if this is real. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom