Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

clarkstallings

Person

That is clearly a person leaning out of their doombuggy. Kids and adults alike have problems obeying the rules at WDW such as remaining in their doombuggies, etc etc.

there are a few things about the photo that make me think it is not a person but something else maybe not a ghost but not a real person.

first, the way person is facing they would have to be almost completely turned around in their buggy.

second, why would someone turn around in the middle of a theme park ride. there aren't any noises or anything that would make you face that way. i've been on the haunted mansion at least 20 times and i am so caught up in the ride that i'm not worried about other people.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
raven said:
Ghost? Doubt it. If that IS a ghost then you have captured the worlds first EVER detailed picture of one. No offense, I'm not saying that it was fabricated but it looks very fake. I have a ghost in my house and I have learned to live with it. It doesn't try to harm anyone. But they just don't pop up for photo opps. Looks like it could be a reflection off of the doom buggie from a light sourse that just happens to have a shape of a face. It happens. Example: look at the face imprint that was captured on the surface of Mars. :animwink:
I bow to the expert. Geez.

cru5h

nicholas said:
That's gonna give me nightmares tonight. :eek:
His early 80's style haircut is freaky. He looks like he stepped out of a movie or something.

Why's his face illuminated? A person wouldn't reflect light like that right? *needs a new pair of underwear* j/k

Woody13

Tramp said:
It's definitely an eerie photo. Until someone can prove otherwise, I'd say it's an authentic ghost. :wave: Cool pic, Zac!
A person who rejects an assertion does not need to provide any justification for it. The evidence has to be provided by the party making the assertion. The person rejecting the assertion needs to provide nothing at all. :wave:

No "proof" is required to discount ghost stories.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
A person who rejects an assertion does not need to provide any justification for it. The evidence has to be provided by the party making the assertion. The person rejecting the assertion needs to provide nothing at all. :wave:

As a general rule, your post is correct, however, your reply doesn't apply to Tramp's post. He stated that until someone proves otherwise, he'd say it's an authentic ghost. Therefore, to HIM, someone WILL need to prove it isn't a ghost.

diz420

Put me down as authentic ghost too. Verry creepy.....I to noticed how half of the face reflects like light was shining down. Spooky Photo. Doesn anyone want to clue me in on the ghost story I havent heard of that one before.....

Tramp

Woody13 said:

The evidence is the photo. Looks like a ghost to me more than anything suggested here in this thread. Until someone can provide reasonable evidence it is not a ghost, it's a ghost, everything else is speculation based on no evidence whatsoever. :wave:

C'mon, folks...maybe it's the ghost of a young man killed while the attraction was being built. :eek:

tigger248

Wow that's creepy. :eek:

Great picture!

That looks like a kid to me. It really freaked me out, the way he was looking at you. The expression on his face and all. I don't see how someone could really lean out and be aimed that way in real life. It looks like he was sitting backwards or something. Plus, on that hallway there is nothing to really look at behind you. I've tried to look behind me before, but not on that hallway. I used to try to see behind me in places where there were scenes and props behind me. Plus, I agree that a person's face wouldn't really illuminate like that without a flash. Or would it? I wouldn't think so, simply because nothing else in the picture stands out like that, or is that bright.

Either way, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. I've had nights where, for no apparent reason, I wake up in the middle of the night and think there's someone standing over me looking at me. It makes me not want to look in that direction. This photo gives me that same weird feeling that something's looking at me.

Woody13

Main Street USA said:
As a general rule, your post is correct, however, your reply doesn't apply to Tramp's post. He stated that until someone proves otherwise, he'd say it's an authentic ghost. Therefore, to HIM, someone WILL need to prove it isn't a ghost.
Logic and science deny your assertions. *why do I feel like a Magic 8-Ball* :lol: :lol: :wave:

Not For Sale

i think it would be impossible to sit in a doom buggy like that. First of all you'd have to be sitting backwards. Also you would probably be choked by the side of the buggy where your neck would rest on.

PhotoDave219

Woody13 said:
Looks more like a low light lens aberration to me. There are several others in the photo.
I know how horrible lens flare looks, it shows up all the time in too many of my night shots. Thats not lens flare by any stretch of the imagination.

Appears to be a detailed image of someones face. I'd love to see the raw photo, the part in question is way to small to disearn.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
I know how horrible lens flare looks, it shows up all the time in too many of my night shots. Thats not lens flare by any stretch of the imagination.

Appears to be a detailed image of someones face. I'd love to see the raw photo, the part in question is way to small to disearn.
Here's some details of the camera:

I had to use my Sony TRV330 Video camera because it's all I have with nightshot, and it allowed for the attachment for the extended and strengthened nightshot. This camera does not have megapixel capability.

Memory Stick is a newer Lexar 128 mb.

Nightshot and nightshot accessory were turned up to the max, which could explain the brightness of the face. From what I can tell the nightshot with the attachment is capable of about 50 feet truly, rather than 100 as stated. I would guess, by looking at the pic, that that particular doombuggy is about 15 - 20 feet away.

I certainly wish now that I had a nightshot capable of taking a shot of at least a couple megapixels, but this camera model is 3 or 4 years old when they were first coming out with megapixels for camcorders.

Captain Hank

Do you know if there was anyone in that particular doombuggy? Were you the only one in the load area, or were other people loading ahead of you at all?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
As I wrote above a few times, There weren't any children of that age (the age that child appears to be) loading within 20 people in front of me, and that doombuggy is ony two or three ahead (maybe four). Hard to tell for sure. My parents were in the one immediately in front of me.

As far as anyone being in the doombuggy at all, I would have to say that there would have been almost for sure. It was more crowded than I had ever seen it. When the stretching room wall opened up, we couldn't move. The loading lobby and hallway was already at capacity. Therefore, 99.9% of the doombuggies would have most likely been full.

Moustronaut

cru5h said:
Why's his face illuminated? A person wouldn't reflect light like that right? *needs a new pair of underwear* j/k

Yea it sorta would. Have you ever watched "Survivor" when they do the night shots with similar infrared lights and cameras? The peoples faces very light with these creepy hollow black eyes. Just the way the human body reflects IR radiation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom