Tropical Storm Hanna May Hit Flordia

PurpleDragon

None of this is looking promising for me. I'm leaving Thursday morning to drive down from Atlanta and even if Hanna misses the coast, as someone else said the feeder bands will make my trip down as well as my time in WDW very wet, which isn't fun at all.

But on the plus side, if the parks are open, at least they'll be somewhat empty. :brick:

I'm hoping it swerves NE and misses landfall all together. Doubtful, but I can hope.

The Mom

Premium Member
Both the yellow and lime green put me on the East side of the storm, where I do not want to be.

But at least this update only has one crossing right over here, and the others are further away than a couple of hours ago.

Of course, this is subject to change at any moment. ;)

palmage

Both the yellow and lime green put me on the East side of the storm, where I do not want to be.

But at least this update only has one crossing right over here, and the others are further away than a couple of hours ago.

Of course, this is subject to change at any moment. ;)

GFDL (red) is said to be the most accurate.
At least by the St Pete weather guys.

Rabflmom

I do NOT like it.

Not too fond of the teal, lime green, light yellow, or maroon ones, either.

I am hating it! :brick:
We are bringing in the furniture off the patio as I sit here. LOL We will have to get out the darn shutters and get them up tomorrow before I head to Illinois if the planes are still flying out of here on Thursday morning.

Cinderellylove

Im sorry! I hate that for you. Lock it up tight!
Im just worried that when we arrive, getting hit by hanna with rains, then we will have maybe 1 day of OK weather, then Sun- Monday having something bad happen like Ike. THEN, maybe it passed on Thurs. then here comes jospehine and ruins the rest of our 3 days there. I PRAY IT GOES AWAY ALL OF THEM!

The Mom

Premium Member
The latest models have it shifting even further east, which means that it will have no impact on FL, except for heavy surf.

So, even if it starts moving west again, it should have no effect on central FL, unless it does a sharp left turn.

It is worth watching, but nothing to be overly concerned about as a tourist.

MattyFresh

I am leaving Friday.......to head right where its suppose to make landfall....or maybe a little further north then landfall.

Of all times for my cousin to pick to have a wedding.....:ROFLOL:

SeaBreeze

SORRY TO HEAR!
Any thoughts on where it will be from reports on Sat. morning when we fly in?
Will airlines still fly in, if real windy?

It's too early to really say for certain where it will be on Saturday but it should be past FL by then. Currently it's predicted to be in the Carolinas on Saturday so you should be fine :wave:

I'm really glad I made it through my qualifier today without having to worry/deal with a tropical system. That exam was bad enough without anything else going on :cry:

palmage

It'll be great weather!!!

Tomorrow

Sep 04
Details
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 89° Lo: 75°
Day: Slight chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 89F, humidity 55%. Winds NNE at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
25%Night: Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. Low 75F. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph.
35%

Friday

Sep 05
9.gif
Sprinkles Hi: 90° Lo: 74°
Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 90F and low 74F. Winds W at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 5
35%

Saturday

Sep 06
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 93° Lo: 76°
Slight chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 93F and low 76F. Winds light. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
15%

Sunday

Sep 07
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 92° Lo: 75°
Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 92F and low 75F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA
30%

Cinderellylove

THANKS for that report. where did you get that at, because other sites show different? Any one know of a radio station via phone, we can call to check weather in Orlando?

PS. Yes, Hanna looks fine now. (Still need to watch) but it looks as if she is going away. BY BY Mrs american pie!

NOW........IKE. YIKES! looks as if it is headed towards us on Monday. Any one have any good news on IKE?

josephine...na. They say its not a threat at all. YIPEPEE!

Yacht Club Sept 6-13th

Rabflmom

It'll be great weather!!!

Tomorrow

Sep 04
Details
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 89° Lo: 75°
Day: Slight chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 89F, humidity 55%. Winds NNE at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
25%Night: Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. Low 75F. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph.
35%

Friday

Sep 05
9.gif
Sprinkles Hi: 90° Lo: 74°
Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 90F and low 74F. Winds W at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 5
35%

Saturday

Sep 06
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 93° Lo: 76°
Slight chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 93F and low 76F. Winds light. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
15%

Sunday

Sep 07
4.gif
T-storms Hi: 92° Lo: 75°
Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 92F and low 75F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA
30%

Actually the weather report here makes it look worse than it should be. With the storm so far out it should be a beauriful weekend.
Now if Ike just does the same thing......it should be a beauriful week down here. What a difference a few hours make when it comes to a TS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom