Tropical Hideaway

Californian Elitist

Fingers crossed that this will become a second location to get Dole whips at… I can't even remember the last time I got a Dole Whip in Disneyland since the lines are always so long!

Have you tried the second line in Tiki’s plaza? The line is always much shorter. I’ve never waited more than 15 minutes.

TROR

It's too bad it seems we're going to be losing all these trees.
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 11.31.14 AM.png

dweezil78

So how was WDW? Did you enjoy FOP, Pandora, 7 Dwarfs mine train etc. ? How’s the original TOT doing ?

All in all, was a great time -- thanks for asking! Wayy too hot and crowded for mid-Feb, but otherwise a fun time. Been meaning to do a DL'ers WDW trip report.

I thought Pandora was amazing and a great indication of what's to come with SWL. What was a little unexpected was how it was simultaneously grandiose and compact all at the same time. Loved both attractions, but would never in a million years wait 2 hours for the boat ride or 4 for FOP which is what both are seeing often times. I'll elaborate more in my recap!

Did not get to do 7 Dwarfs this trip as it broke down during my FP window and I opted to use the FP (they become anytime/any attraction passes if that happens at WDW) for Big Thunder instead which IMO is still the better attraction. Also did not get onto TOT as I only spent half a day at DHS and due to tech issues (I think) they were not at full capacity -- forcing them to close the standby line and my FP wait spiked to 35-45 minutes. As I thought it might not be nice to leave my wife and kids in the blazing hot sun waiting for me, I sadly had to forego my TOT ride this trip. :( It still looked as good as ever out the outside though!

mickEblu

All in all, was a great time -- thanks for asking! Wayy too hot and crowded for mid-Feb, but otherwise a fun time. Been meaning to do a DL'ers WDW trip report.

I thought Pandora was amazing and a great indication of what's to come with SWL. What was a little unexpected was how it was simultaneously grandiose and compact all at the same time. Loved both attractions, but would never in a million years wait 2 hours for the boat ride or 4 for FOP which is what both are seeing often times. I'll elaborate more in my recap!

Did not get to do 7 Dwarfs this trip as it broke down during my FP window and I opted to use the FP (they become anytime/any attraction passes if that happens at WDW) for Big Thunder instead which IMO is still the better attraction. Also did not get onto TOT as I only spent half a day at DHS and due to tech issues (I think) they were not at full capacity -- forcing them to close the standby line and my FP wait spiked to 35-45 minutes. As I thought it might not be nice to leave my wife and kids in the blazing hot sun waiting for me, I sadly had to forego my TOT ride this trip. :( It still looked as good as ever out the outside though!

Glad to hear you had a good time. Looking forward to reading your trip report. And ya those wives and kids - they really slow us down!

D

Deleted member 107043

Your little trip report teaser made me miss WDW. I love their version of Splash Mountain. I need to get back down there.

dweezil78

Your little trip report teaser made me miss WDW. I love their version of Splash Mountain. I need to get back down there.

Splash is really great there, was glad to get a ride in this trip. I really love WDW for all the things I can't get at DL though -- walking around World Showcase at night, the crazy detail of DAK, the resorts, getting to the parks by boats and monorails, etc. It's that type of stuff that keeps me excited to go back to WDW. You can always find faults and things to nitpick, but there's still so much to love about it.

mickEblu

In the interest of equal time, Disney DID chop down acres over acres of orange trees to make this place. But yeah, I love Disney trees too.

Hahah good point but I never got to enjoy those. I think half (or probably more) of the reason I enjoy the parks so much is the trees/ landscaping. When are they bringing that tour back? I never had a chance to do it.

Stevek

It's hard to really explain to people what a completely different experience WDW is. Being in the Disney bubble constantly, using their transportation, really just being completely immersed in Disney is so much different than Disneyland. Some of it better, some not...especially the 95 degree weather and 99% humidity we experienced in May.

Stevek

I'm just guessing here, but this could become the only place to get a Dole Whip. As you say, always a long line so why not move it out of the walkway.

Or perhaps they close the line at the Adventureland entry but you can still get it in the Tiki Room plaza AND you get a second location in Tropical Hideaway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom