Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

TP2000

Original Poster
There's no shortage of Lifestyle Bloggers breathlessly reporting on this new snack bar and patio! It's important! They must tell you about it! It's amazing! Dole Whips! Themed seating! Sugar dusted corn syrupy goodness! Amazing! Like! Subscribe! Patreon! I have no real job! :oops:

britain

There's no shortage of Lifestyle Bloggers breathlessly reporting on this new snack bar and patio! It's important! They must tell you about it! It's amazing! Dole Whips! Themed seating! Sugar dusted corn syrupy goodness! Amazing! Like! Subscribe! Patreon! I have no real job! :oops:

But how would I enjoy this coverage if it weren’t for vloggers like these folks?

Stevek

Unsubscribe

shortstop

Seriously... if it wasn't for the posts on here talking smack about these people, I'd never know they exist. You kinda have to search this stuff out, you know... it doesn't just show up on your screen demanding that you watch it.
In my experience, if you watch any Disneyland related videos on YouTube, YT’s algorithms will recommend these vlogger videos without you asking for them.

dweezil78

In my experience, if you watch any Disneyland related videos on YouTube, YT’s algorithms will recommend these vlogger videos without you asking for them.

Youtube recommends a lot of stuff to me too, but no one's forcing me to watch it. I just move on to the next thing I want to watch.

Rich T

Seriously... if it wasn't for the posts on here talking smack about these people, I'd never know they exist. You kinda have to search this stuff out, you know... it doesn't just show up on your screen demanding that you watch it.
It does show up on my screen... and... sometimes... I just...can't stop myself... :D

Rich T

Seriously, the only real complaint I'd have is if I was trying to enjoy my time at DL and some jabberjaw podcaster was yammering away next to me... which hasn't happened yet.

What's funny about the DL podcasting scene is that there are just so many of these things happening just now. The one podcaster I'd actually *want* to witness live would be Lou Mongello of WDWradio. He's put in the years, created a huge archive of valuable interviews and "time capsule" pieces and earned his right to sit in a park restaurant and broadcast his meal. :D

dweezil78

Seriously, the only real complaint I'd have is if I was trying to enjoy my time at DL and some jabberjaw podcaster was yammering away next to me... which hasn't happened yet.

What's funny about the DL podcasting scene is that there are just so many of these things happening just now. The one podcaster I'd actually *want* to witness live would be Lou Mongello of WDWradio. He's put in the years, created a huge archive of valuable interviews and "time capsule" pieces and earned his right to sit in a park restaurant and broadcast his meal. :D

The vlog/podcast thing will be popular for a bit -- put a lot of people will eventually grow tired of producing that stuff and move on to something else, especially when they see the viewers/$$$ aren't there. And if the viewers/$$$ are there, then hey, more power to 'em if they're able to find an audience who digs it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Well at least Sarah has actually worked at Disneyland. So she at least has some level of Disney respectability, whereas the others not so much. Although I have watch most at one time or another.

SuddenStorm

I wouldn't mind dropping in on one of the season pass interviews

TP2000

Original Poster
Yet you give them so much attention. :rolleyes:

I can't help it, they just make me giggle and I want to share it with the world. And when you're an old guy and wake up at 4 in the morning, what else do you do?

A couple of years ago I was alarmed to see these types of Lifestyle Bloggers showing up on my YouTube welcome screen. Most are fine or at least harmless, but when they are bad they are really, really bad. My college nephew explained the process of algorithms these websites use to push Disneyland related material to my welcome screen and suggested content. That made me feel better.

Like! Subscribe! Patreon! :confused:

Here's a nice short one I linked below that features pleasant instrumental music and a quick 60 second overview of the place. But the intro text is a bit much... "A hidden oasis has been discovered in the wilds of Adventureland. Check out Disneyland's Tropical Hideaway, a paradise formed just for you. Look at all the people, the birds, and the amazing food. Disney magic at its finest, people!"

What they are describing is a new snack bar on a pre-existing patio that was lightly redecorated. Can you imagine the breathless hyperbole that we will get six months from now when Star Wars Land opens? I don't think there are enough adjectives in the English language to satisfy Lifestyle Bloggers next June, and it's going to be hilarious to watch!

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The vlog/podcast thing will be popular for a bit -- put a lot of people will eventually grow tired of producing that stuff and move on to something else, especially when they see the viewers/$$$ aren't there. And if the viewers/$$$ are there, then hey, more power to 'em if they're able to find an audience who digs it.

Back in the day it was Avon, Amway, or some other product line people sold to try to supplement their income. Now its Vlogging. Next decade it'll be something else. Most don't earn enough to actually use it as their main career.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I do like the little bird houses with their respective country’s flags over them. I can’t find Jose’s though, only the other three.

Very nice area overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom