News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

Chip Chipperson

In the case of the actual return time being much earlier than the estimated, Disney's process should be to extend the grace period to the estimate window.

I get why they want to have a stricter policy on this, since I feel the night rides will be coveted. But it shouldn't screw over someone who sees an initial estimate and plans their day around that.
Agreed, especially with the earlier boarding group times. Someone waiting for a resort bus to MK in the morning is at the mercy of the crowds and WDW's fleet management. You could get one of the earliest boarding group and miss it because the bus for your resort is running late. If you show up 30 minutes late in the morning, you're clearly not trying to weasel your way into a nighttime ride.

lewisc

Well, my ticket to see Josh Groban and Analeigh Ashford in Sweeney Todd on Broadway was over $300 after fees, and the show is only two and a half hours. That’s more than a dollar a minute, which is absolutely freaking highway robbery. On the other hand, no one put a gun to my head and made me purchase the ticket.
You have the option of a refund if Josh or Analeigh aren't performing.

No such option if Disney is running the B mode on Rise.

ToTBellHop

You have the option of a refund if Josh or Analeigh aren't performing.

No such option if Disney is running the B mode on Rise.
That’s because Kylo isn’t listed above the marquee. When asked to comment, he said,
1680043005871.gif

StonerIntellect

So, they did not accept the doctor’s note lol. They also said GotG is about to get strict on it too. I bought a LL+ (first and last time doing that) so I got on it but I told them at city hall their customer service is terrible.
This was also me today. I was late for my virtual queue and they refused me at the front of the queue, instead of having someone checking people’s times and turning them away before waiting 40 minutes in the sun, I felt like my return time was not enough time considering traffic, parking, trams, monorails, walking, etc. No blue shirt said anything other than the robotic “because it’s a soft opening, Disney reserves the right to change anything at any time” and same at Town Hall. Nothing was offered as compensation. I told the girl at town hall she was like talking to a wall.

jlhwdw

This was also me today. I was late for my virtual queue and they refused me at the front of the queue, instead of having someone checking people’s times and turning them away before waiting 40 minutes in the sun, I felt like my return time was not enough time considering traffic, parking, trams, monorails, walking, etc. No blue shirt said anything other than the robotic “because it’s a soft opening, Disney reserves the right to change anything at any time” and same at Town Hall. Nothing was offered as compensation. I told the girl at town hall she was like talking to a wall.
How late were you?

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 9 Stats (3/28) [Day 9/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 4.0 secs
1pm: 3.4 secs

BG 95 (-22) is the last BG called for the day at 5:30pm (1.5 hours earlier than yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
11:12 - 11:36am

Average pace: 6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.8s -> 3.9s (+0.1s)
1pm: 4.0s -> 3.7s (-0.3s)

That does it for Day 9 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-179.png

Last edited:

disneygeek90

What an incredibly stupid policy. I’m sorry they did that to you. Talk about world class customer service lol
It honestly felt super bad. Not to mention that when I first got group 57 at 7am it quoted me 540 mins (4pm).

I even spoke to a CM at the front, she said we were 50 mins “late” and that they should accommodate an hour. So we got in line in the heat and sun only to be turned away and directed to the other set of CM’s standing near the entrance. After they asked me WHY I was late (and was there any reason I could have given them that would have let me in?) the manager basically told me there was no way they can allow it. We tried to at least let her know that the verbiage being given at the front of the queue is very different than what is being given at the tap point, but she didn’t seem to care.

I’m not one to push, but this was a terrible experience and left a bad taste in my mouth. I GET that they’re weary of people showing up for night rides. But I was there in the hottest, brightest, middle-ish of the day. Two hours was hardly egregiously late especially considering the travel hassle of MK.

disneygeek90

So, they did not accept the doctor’s note lol. They also said GotG is about to get strict on it too. I bought a LL+ (first and last time doing that) so I got on it but I told them at city hall their customer service is terrible.
I don’t think they know what they’re talking about regarding any guardians situation. When we asked why they are so strict compared to GotG she said that GotG was strict for their soft opens too (which, I don’t think they had a true soft open other than AP,CM,DVC).

Guardians outside of holiday weekends/spring break is usually pretty quiet at night. Heck, I was leaving the guardians exit a couple weeks ago and the CM at the entrance asked my group and another if we wanted to go again. It was about 8:40pm. Walked straight into the pre show room.

Vclguy90

So can you enter the Tron VQ at the TTC? Or you have to physically be in the park? And from what I am hearing, it probably isn't advised to leave until you ride for the fact that you may not get back in time to catch your boarding group. Right?

disneygeek90

So can you enter the Tron VQ at the TTC? Or you have to physically be in the park? And from what I am hearing, it probably isn't advised to leave until you ride for the fact that you may not get back in time to catch your boarding group. Right?
You join the queue at 7am (from anywhere) with a reservation or 1pm once scanned into the park. Then you enter the actual queue for the ride at the ride entrance. And yes, don’t be more than an hour or so late after your return time.

Vclguy90

You join the queue at 7am (from anywhere) with a reservation or 1pm once scanned into the park. Then you enter the actual queue for the ride at the ride entrance. And yes, don’t be more than an hour or so late after your return time.
Literally anywhere or anywhere on property? I'm wondering if i need to be at MK before 7.

esskay

I wonder if it would be possible to work out a rough estimate of how much they're making per day on ILL's for the ride. I imagine they'll cover the costs of it well within 1 year of opening just from people paying to ride it.

TheMaxRebo

Literally anywhere or anywhere on property? I'm wondering if i need to be at MK before 7.

7am you can be anywhere in the world - I have gotten a VQ spot for friends from my house in New York. Just have to have a park reservation for that park for that day

For the 1pm you have had to have scanned into the Park (though technically you can leave and try am from wherever after having scanned in)

TheMaxRebo

It honestly felt super bad. Not to mention that when I first got group 57 at 7am it quoted me 540 mins (4pm).

I even spoke to a CM at the front, she said we were 50 mins “late” and that they should accommodate an hour. So we got in line in the heat and sun only to be turned away and directed to the other set of CM’s standing near the entrance. After they asked me WHY I was late (and was there any reason I could have given them that would have let me in?) the manager basically told me there was no way they can allow it. We tried to at least let her know that the verbiage being given at the front of the queue is very different than what is being given at the tap point, but she didn’t seem to care.

I’m not one to push, but this was a terrible experience and left a bad taste in my mouth. I GET that they’re weary of people showing up for night rides. But I was there in the hottest, brightest, middle-ish of the day. Two hours was hardly egregiously late especially considering the travel hassle of MK.

That definitely sucks and isn't "right" that you were getting two different stories from CMs at different spots

If they are going to have a policy then it is what it is but messaging has to be consistent

lewisc

Disney should extend the grace period or require guests be physically in the MK to join the VQ. 40 minute wait to tap in. Possible 90 minutes from your resort to the MK.

Hopefully the soft opeming will give Disney the time to fine tune policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom