News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

DCBaker

Premium Member
Operating hours for tomorrow have been reduced - 9am to 6pm.

Here is the Individual Lightning Lane availability for the past several days via Thrill Data. Grey means no availability.

IMG_F24E1B37765E-1.jpeg

EricsBiscuit

It honestly felt super bad. Not to mention that when I first got group 57 at 7am it quoted me 540 mins (4pm).

I even spoke to a CM at the front, she said we were 50 mins “late” and that they should accommodate an hour. So we got in line in the heat and sun only to be turned away and directed to the other set of CM’s standing near the entrance. After they asked me WHY I was late (and was there any reason I could have given them that would have let me in?) the manager basically told me there was no way they can allow it. We tried to at least let her know that the verbiage being given at the front of the queue is very different than what is being given at the tap point, but she didn’t seem to care.

I’m not one to push, but this was a terrible experience and left a bad taste in my mouth. I GET that they’re weary of people showing up for night rides. But I was there in the hottest, brightest, middle-ish of the day. Two hours was hardly egregiously late especially considering the travel hassle of MK.
They need to hear it from guests that their policy is incredibly stupid. I would suggest going to city hall and let ‘em have it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 10 Stats (3/29) [Day 10/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.4 secs
1pm: 3.9 secs

BG 121 (+26) is the last BG called for the day at 8:13pm (2 hours later than yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
11:23 - 11:39am

Average pace: 6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.1s -> 3.2s (+0.1s)
1pm: 3.3s -> 3.6s (+0.3s)

That does it for Day 10 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-428.png

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I wonder what has caused the haphazard 6 pm closures that will magically resolve on 4/4?

In 6 days, this ride will need to suddenly operate 9 am until 1 am. I hope they’re enjoying their relaxing evenings right now.

SingleRider

Premium Member
I wonder what has caused the haphazard 6 pm closures that will magically resolve on 4/4?

In 6 days, this ride will need to suddenly operate 9 am until 1 am. I hope they’re enjoying their relaxing evenings right now.
I think there was another round of CM previews announced so they may be going at night.

DavidDL

They should at least adjust their policy regarding lateness for "daytime" Guests. It says online that sunset in Orlando isn't until about 7:45pm so maybe they just stop accepting late arrivals at 7pm? Anyone who arrives before that and claims to be late obviously isn't claiming so because they want to experience the attraction at night.

This, in addition to a small grace period window to return late for anyone. It happens. Guests get stuck behind parades, ADRs go a little longer than expected, or folks get stuck on broken down rides all the time. There's gotta be some kind of safety net for them, even if it's only like 15 minutes.

ToTBellHop

They should at least adjust their policy regarding lateness for "daytime" Guests. It says online that sunset in Orlando isn't until about 7:45pm so maybe they just stop accepting late arrivals at 7pm? Anyone who arrives before that and claims to be late obviously isn't claiming so because they want to experience the attraction at night.

This, in addition to a small grace period window to return late for anyone. It happens. Guests get stuck behind parades, ADRs go a little longer than expected, or folks get stuck on broken down rides all the time. There's gotta be some kind of safety net for them, even if it's only like 15 minutes.
AFAIK, they are allowing guests in up to an hour late. I don’t really think Disney should be expected to accommodate my colonoscopy appointment but a 30 min delay due to an ADR is hopefully allowed.

DavidDL

AFAIK, they are allowing guests in up to an hour late. I don’t really think Disney should be expected to accommodate my colonoscopy appointment but a 30 min delay due to an ADR is hopefully allowed.

Haha, yeah. One is definitely more a result of poor planning on your part than the other is. 😆 Maybe not the best opener for getting in late..

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 11 Stats (3/30) [Day 11/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.7 secs
1pm: 2.9 secs

BG 86 (-35) is the last BG called for the day at 5pm (3 hours earlier than yesterday, despite a 6pm reported closing).

Notable stoppages:
9:32 - 9:51am
10:02 - 10:35am

Average pace: 6-7mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.2s -> 3.5s (+0.3s)
1pm: 4.6s -> 3.7s (-0.9s)

That does it for Day 11 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-371.png

Last edited:

Hcalvert

For those wondering, I was called at 12:30 today, tapped in at 3:30, and was declined.
I was called both times before opening and showed up several hours late. Both times, the estimated callback was after 11am. The first time, the CM told me off, but let me in. Yesterday, the CM tried to deny me and I refused to accept it. We had lunch dining reservations and that was partially why we were late. The CM made me show her the receipt as proof of our reservation since it did not show up in the app anymore. I have been late every time this trip to Guardians and they don't give me a problem. It is not like we can choose a boarding group to accomodate plans we already made 60 days ago.

Touchdown

It’s why boarding groups are stupid. Just let people wait in a 3 hour line if they want too, it will help capacity elsewhere. They don’t even have the excuse of not having enough space, this ride is next to a walkway that has been closed for years and can very easily be the extended queue. Please let this be the opening that ends this stupid system!

durangojim

We’ve been lucky enough to ride this three times. Twice on Monday, once on Wednesday. Monday we had LL and boarding group 6. My daughter also has DAS (will be important later). We showed up at the 45 minute mark of our boarding group being called. I told the we had DAS and they said that we had to stand in the queue which conflicted with what we were told earlier. We stood in line for an hour and the queue was entertaining which was good. When we got off the ride we got in the lightnining lane line and we were half an hour late. The very rude CM told us we were late and that we couldn’t ride. I explained we were late because of the other line and she told us we weren’t allowed to have bothered VQ and LL. I explained I paid over $80 and we were riding. After rolling her eyes she directed me To a blue shirt who had to call
Someone to get approval for us to ride. I explained that if they allowed us to use the DAS like we were supposed to this wouldn’t have been an issue. Long story short the ride is great but the CMs need to get their act together regarding a number of issues.

EricsBiscuit

Disney would make it a lot easier on themselves if they didn’t implement convoluted and stupefying policies. How many front line managers amd CMs are tied down because of this fiasco? Wouldn’t it be simpler to let them be late? Or, even better, to drop the whole VQ altogether?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom