News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

Hcalvert

We’ve been lucky enough to ride this three times. Twice on Monday, once on Wednesday. Monday we had LL and boarding group 6. My daughter also has DAS (will be important later). We showed up at the 45 minute mark of our boarding group being called. I told the we had DAS and they said that we had to stand in the queue which conflicted with what we were told earlier. We stood in line for an hour and the queue was entertaining which was good. When we got off the ride we got in the lightnining lane line and we were half an hour late. The very rude CM told us we were late and that we couldn’t ride. I explained we were late because of the other line and she told us we weren’t allowed to have bothered VQ and LL. I explained I paid over $80 and we were riding. After rolling her eyes she directed me To a blue shirt who had to call
Someone to get approval for us to ride. I explained that if they allowed us to use the DAS like we were supposed to this wouldn’t have been an issue. Long story short the ride is great but the CMs need to get their act together regarding a number of issues.
I used DAS both times that I was late and got told off each time. They need to stop calling boarding groups before the park "officially" opens for all. Both times, my boarding group was called before 9am (usually around 8:40am), which nearly cut the hour time limit in half. I was on-property, but not at MK.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 12 Stats (3/31) [Day 12/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.4 secs
1pm: 8.0 secs

BG 132 (+46) is the last BG called for the day at 8:48pm (4 hours later than yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
9:51 - 10:16am
2:52 - 3:08pm

Average pace: 6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.8s -> 3.6s (-0.2s)
1pm: 4.2s -> 6.1s (+1.9s)

That does it for Day 12 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-313.png

Last edited:

Vclguy90

I just watched PCDev's review of Tron and he said it was damn near impossible to get a boarding group and had been trying for a week. It wasn't until he stayed on property that he for one. Is this true? I'm going on the 17th and not staying on property so should I throw all hope of riding it out the window?

nickys

Premium Member
I just watched PCDev's review of Tron and he said it was damn near impossible to get a boarding group and had been trying for a week. It wasn't until he stayed on property that he for one. Is this true? I'm going on the 17th and not staying on property so should I throw all hope of riding it out the window?
No. The VQ is open at 7am to everyone who has an MK park reservation for that day. You have as good a chance as anyone else.

If you’re staying offsite and want to buy an ILL for Tron, that’s when you’re at a disadvantage.

Sounds like this PCDev guy is getting confused with the system.

Vclguy90

No. The VQ is open at 7am to everyone who has an MK park reservation for that day. You have as good a chance as anyone else.

If you’re staying offsite and want to buy an ILL for Tron, that’s when you’re at a disadvantage.

Sounds like this PCDev guy is getting confused with the system.
Did you mean you are at a disadvantage of getting a Lightning Lane? If so, I have DAS so that won't be an issue.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 13 Stats (4/1) [Day 13/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 4.2 secs
1pm: 3.2 secs

BG 94 (-38) is the last BG called for the day at 5pm (4 hours earlier than yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
9:48 - 10:12am

Average pace: 6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.5s -> 3.9s (+0.4s)
1pm: 6.8s -> 5.0s (-1.8s)

Reminder: Tomorrow is the last day of soft openings and previews!

That does it for Day 13 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-482.png

DisQuick

Alright I went today and got in through the 1pm virtual queue drop. I was at guest relations today as well and got some answers to some common questions about the VQ.

Does Tron take DAS?
Yes, it should. You will go through the virtual queue line (if you used VQ) and tell the CMs at the ride scan point that you use DAS and you’ll be directed to another group of CMs off to the left hand side. Your VQ will be transferred to an instant ILL and you’ll be let on through the ILL line. If the CMs do NOT let you through DAS, go to City Hall. I can confirm that DAS did work today despite conflicting reports.

What if my VQ is called during/near my dining reservation?
Go to your dining reservation first. Get your customer receipt when you’re finished and you have 1 hour from the time printed on your receipt to get to Tron. I did not have use this today, so I cannot confirm that this works.

What if I have Genie+/ILL reservations during my Tron VQ time?
Go to Tron first. The CM at guest relations did not really know the answer to this question but recommended to go to Tron first since they’ve been more strict on times. If you do go to Tron, take a screenshot of your push notification of your group being called and the VQ confirmation in MDE.

Hopefully this answers some questions!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Alright I went today and got in through the 1pm virtual queue drop. I was at guest relations today as well and got some answers to some common questions about the VQ.

Does Tron take DAS?
Yes, it should. You will go through the virtual queue line (if you used VQ) and tell the CMs at the ride scan point that you use DAS and you’ll be directed to another group of CMs off to the left hand side. Your VQ will be transferred to an instant ILL and you’ll be let on through the ILL line. If the CMs do NOT let you through DAS, go to City Hall. I can confirm that DAS did work today despite conflicting reports.

What if my VQ is called during/near my dining reservation?
Go to your dining reservation first. Get your customer receipt when you’re finished and you have 1 hour from the time printed on your receipt to get to Tron. I did not have use this today, so I cannot confirm that this works.

What if I have Genie+/ILL reservations during my Tron VQ time?
Go to Tron first. The CM at guest relations did not really know the answer to this question but recommended to go to Tron first since they’ve been more strict on times. If you do go to Tron, take a screenshot of your push notification of your group being called and the VQ confirmation in MDE.

Hopefully this answers some questions!
There’s a report here of DAS not working yesterday and City Hall didn’t give a stuff about it. ☹️ But on the bright side I do know people who were able to ride late after an ADR, they were asked for their receipt.

Riviera Rita

Is it me or are there a lot of very entitled people on here?
You get your boarding group number you turn up when called and you ride, simple! Why are you complaining when you get refused for very valid reasons like turning up 3 hours late? I did the GOTG VQ three times on my trip in November, I turned up when called got on the ride and rode it. The first day my estimated time was 6pm, I panicked because I had a ticket for MVMCP that night, but, I kept an eye on the app and saw the boarding time get earlier and earlier and when I saw the time get down to 15 minutes I headed over to the ride, I did the same the third time, the second day I was in BG2 and was there at 8.45am and only six people were in line, 5 were in the back cars and I was alone in the front one. If you stick with the plan it works.
If you have plans that you made 60 days ago and your VQ clashes with it then tough luck and the CM probably asked for your dining receipt because they have people trying every excuse in the book when they can't be organised enough to be able to get in line at a time they were aware of at 7am. If you turn up a couple of hours late because you want to ride it at night and get refused, tough luck.

Touchdown

Yes people are sooooo spoiled, they paid to enter the most expensive theme park in the world and wanted to ride a ride there. How dare they!

I do not agree with that, for an ILL sure but this VQ is a needless hassle and a program that disadvantages guests. You don’t even get to pick your time.

Last edited:

lewisc

Is it me or are there a lot of very entitled people on here?
It's you. Traditionally Disney allowed guests to ride any time after their VQ was called, up to park closing.
Guests who are reacting to the change in policy aren't entitled in the sense you use the word. They feel entitled to rely on past policy.

Guests are being called prior to park opening. Sometimes ride window expires prior to time estimated when VQ is granted.

Guests are entitled to be able to plan their day. VQ return windows should be extended to at least an hour after park opening and to at least the time projected when their VQ is granted.

Last edited:

peter11435

Was this officially stated or Cast Members just didn't enforce the VQ return window?
Traditionally the cast members wouldn’t even know you were late. If you enter Guardians before your number has been called it would illuminate blue and inform the cast member you were early. You would be turned away. If you enter guardians hours after your time as elapsed it would illuminate green and the cast member would have no idea you were late.

There’s a couple reasons they are handling Tron differently

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom