News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Some trees and whatever go-away paint shade that is in vogue.
Vogue.jpg

Last edited:

Incomudro

I'm confused. Are they trying to make the building more obvious with the way the coloring of the paneling?

They are going to add some trees to obscure the building from some angles.
But, it's a Tron building, are we not supposed to see it?
Where are the cycles supposed to be heading off to anyway?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But honestly, I'm not being sarcastic.
Where would they be going?

I'm not sure what your take on this is...

The ride will have a pretty blue canopy and a big ol' box.

Lot of people are upset with seeing the box from certain places both in and out of the park.

Are you of the mindset you don't mind the box, or, you want the box to be unseen?

Incomudro

I'm not sure what your take on this is...

The ride will have a pretty blue canopy and a big ol' box.

Lot of people are upset with seeing the box from certain places both in and out of the park.

Are you of the mindset you don't mind the box, or, you want the box to be unseen?

You seem to be missing what I'm asking.
The box of Expedition Everest needs to be themed as Mt. Everest, because the ride is supposed to be a train travelling up Everest.
Where are Tron Cycles going? I'm asking because I really don't know. I only saw a bit of the first film and none of the second.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The box of Expedition Everest needs to be themed as Mt. Everest, because the ride is supposed to be a train travelling up Everest.
Where are Tron Cycles going? I'm asking because I really don't know. I only saw a bit of the first film and none of the second.

In the story, they're already literally in a computer participating in a game of light cycle to survive. That's what the inside of the box is themed toward. At some point the cycle comes out of the box and under a blue canopy for an inexplicable reason. Then they go back into the box/computer and win the game.

Thus, I couldn't even begin to explain what the blue canopy and being outside means as far as the story of the ride goes.

I can surmise it was done to look cool and so guests can see the ride from the outside.

The outside of the box is completely unthemed.

trainplane3

You get zapped into the Grid:

(only need like a minute of this)
You go vroom vroom on really cool cycles with a totally kickbutt soundtrack:

There's more to Legacy (some hippy-dippy-computery-sciencey stuff) but this will sum up the ride.

Last edited:

Jones14

I’ve gotta say, I’d rather patterns of grey than just the blue of Shanghai’s version. It’s still not theming, per say, but if I have to see the box, I’d prefer *some* level of visual interest.

Movielover

1579688908762.png

;)

Timothy_Q

Yes, I know - but what should it be? Honest question, because I don't know Tron.
How out of place is it for the cycles to enter a silver box?
Once inside the show building, guests are inside the computer.

But the fact that the show building is visible from the outside is just plain bad design, as the building itself isn’t part of the storyline of the ride.

COrunner

Once inside the show building, guests are inside the computer.

But the fact that the show building is visible from the outside is just plain bad design, as the building itself isn’t part of the storyline of the ride.
So the ride is IN THE COMPUTER?

Sorry, I'll show myself out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom