News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

Or they could have put it at Hollywood Studios where that park already houses what looks to be an exact replica of the queue and then gravity building. Not saying totally identically ... and I understand they wouldn't have shut down RnRc while also shutting down the back half of the park ... and closing GMR (again why Mickey should have been a new build, GMR could have limped along for a few more years until Mickey opened and then it could have gone down for a truly substantial upgrade) ... anywho ... interesting to think about what 'could have been' if some decisions had been made differently but I can kind of understand why they put the coasters where they are.

However when they were first announced I too thought TRON would have gone better in Future World and GOTG better fit Tomorrowland's sci-fi entrance, but not the back half of the park where SM is (Tomorrowland forever remains disjointed).

Honestly, the should have made some better decisions here. Energy could have been made into a new dark ride, and they still could have had a coaster (TRON or even still Guardians). They just look to save wherever they can instead of spending the money to do it all "right" ... IMHO.

Buried20KLeague

Outdoor as well:
Image_WDW_TRON.jpg

I really don’t like how it’s going to be angled in relation to the park in the MK. In Shanghai, it faces directly at the park. It calls to you from the hub. From 300 yards away (or whatever it is) the light show is incredible and impressive.

Here, it’s almost turned sideways. Like it’s down an alley.

It won’t be the same kind of impressive show unless you’re behind SM facing it directly... and from there it can almost be too close to take it in.

sedati

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Jim Hill (whose track record hasn't been good lately) is saying that instead of a theatrical Tron 3, this might be coming to Disney+ instead. Either way, it would keep the coaster relevant at opening.

Bocabear

I really don’t like how it’s going to be angled in relation to the park in the MK. In Shanghai, it faces directly at the park. It calls to you from the hub. From 300 yards away (or whatever it is) the light show is incredible and impressive.

It won’t be the same kind of impressive show unless you’re behind SM facing it directly... and from there it can almost be too close to take it in.
Also in Shanghai, there is nothing between it and Main Street except a lot of open land... Like football fields worth of open land and nothingness... This is going to look very strange in our Tomorrowland... and the current paint and stuff they are doing is not going to make it fit any better...

imarc

Shanghai doesn't have Space Mountain as the Tomorrowland weenie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom