News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

twebber55

Forums are always filled with would of, could of, should of, and maybe should not have. Thats the beauty of this forum. With that being said, it's real easy to Monday morning quarterback the heck out of these projects based on what we know and we don't know everything. Even the insiders only know what they are told. I think some of the insiders would support that.
With all of that being said. I'm pumped to be getting Tron in the Magic Kingdom. As with everything, I'll wait till the final project has been completed to come to my own determination on how well something was executed.
If I've learned anything from 4 years of the Avatar project, it is to be patient. Look how amazing that turned out. Perfect? No, but an excellent addition to Animal Kingdom none the less. A lot of people on this page were writing it off as a complete debacle and the end result in most peoples opinion is a stellar one.
perfectly said

twebber55

Oh, I appreciate trying to create a little more open mindedness (I try too). But people are pretty set in their ways (not necessarily a bad thing, not saying it is). I try to approach things more from the middle, I don't love everything they do, but I don't immediately hate everything either. Most are more in the middle in actuality. Just some strong feelings towards how things used to be and how things should be.

And there's some jaded feelings from being let down by the company in the past when it comes to investing in WDW.

For me, I enjoy speculating on rumors and thinking of what they could have done, what they may do, etc.

Just trying to explain how I've observed things over the years.

The forum is very much full of great posters who know quite a bit (sort of an understatement I suppose). But I think we all get caught up in the rumors and the speculating but to me that's fun. I know some tire of "armchair imagineering" but that's not how I see it most of the time. It's just harmless speculation. (Not trying to say you were against any of this, just using replying to you as a jumping off point for another point I wanted to make).
if you re around long enough you pretty much know what people are gonna post based on who they are

MaximumEd

I know this just happened at Disneyland, but doesn’t parking one of the locomotives at Main Street Station put an immense load on the station substructure? I know it can sit up there for extended periods...but a year seems like a long time for a deadload that immense.

It’s a small steam loco and some passenger cars, not a Union Pacific Big Boy. Not saying that to be snide in any way, but the station structure can more than handle it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Is Soarin' about aviation or about the natural and man-made features that you fly over? I'm honestly asking this question and not being sarcastic. Note that I'm not using the sarcasm fonts - comic sans or papyrus.

The DCA version is definitely about aviation, noticeable in the queue

14830495798_9cdf6aeae7_b.jpg

Bocabear

Now I love Soarin'...I really do but have NEVER seen the tie in with The Land... Ok, you fly over the land and California specifically but it always seemed an odd addition...and then the entire pavilion interior was defurbed into an airport concourse...which further muddles the entire theme... Maybe someday they will revisit this and make it feel mike it is more about "The Land": again...

Skibum1970

Now I love Soarin'...I really do but have NEVER seen the tie in with The Land... Ok, you fly over the land and California specifically but it always seemed an odd addition...and then the entire pavilion interior was defurbed into an airport concourse...which further muddles the entire theme... Maybe someday they will revisit this and make it feel mike it is more about "The Land": again...

Agreed. It just felt like that was just a place to put it. I think DCA's airport hangar theme works quite well, myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom