News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Oddysey

As in the other thread, I forgot the Rat, since we've known about it for so long thanks to our insiders.

With large amount of announcements occurring at once, the rat is easy to overlook. There is more changes occurring at WDW than I can remember at any one time. Whether I like them all or not, I have to say this is refreshing considering the lack of announcements over much of the last decade.

thepirateking

Did I mention it's going behind the speedway and not on top of it?

Someone definitely mentioned that earlier ;)

But, seriously. Any comment on the Speedway itself? Does the concept art say anything about cuts or options A, B and C. Seems like we didn't get the enhance and add option.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Someone definitely mentioned that earlier ;)

But, seriously. Any comment on the Speedway itself? Does the concept art say anything about cuts or options A, B and C. Seems like we didn't get the enhance and add option.
I dare say that art was by someone only connected to the coaster project.

Other art exists showing the speedway looking very different.

gamedude

Would this be potential location?

Attachments

• Potential location.png
    Potential location.png
    729.2 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

Oriolesmagic

I dare say that art was by someone only connected to the coaster project.

Other art exists showing the speedway looking very different.

In your opinion, is it a positive change? (Personally, I'm in the camp with the speedway that almost any change is good change. A dangerous thought with TDO, I suppose.)

DisneyJunkie

After having watched a POV video of the one in Shanghai, I'm very excited although it seems like odd placement for it. I think they needed to replace the Speedway altogether with this ride, and now they definitely at least need to retheme the Speedway which doesn't fit the area at all.

RMichael21

I mean, just looking at the concept art, as @marni1971 has pointed out, there has to be a change to the speedway. I mean, the pathway to Tron and the western-most part of the canopy looks to take up a small chunk of the speedway land. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom