News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

celluloid

This can’t be true because “rumors” say some people don’t fit… which means on message boards - disaster, nobody fits!!!! Also… if you only time from launch to when it gets dark it’s under 30 seconds. Shortest ride ever!!! Meanwhile video right after shows actually undisputed length…. But but don’t start until launch and stop at first break point… ain’t the interwebs great!
Nobody I have seen has exaggerated the length when giving times.

Hawg G

He didn’t… there’s a Tron coaster opening in 2 months. Despite neither movie doing well commercially.
A coaster with a TRON sign, and cars that look like the bikes from the second movie.

No Tron characters, no walls being created by other bikes in the game grid. No MCP, and the worst miss... no Recognizers to fly through the legs of.

Movielover

no walls being created by other bikes in the game grid
tron.png

Unbanshee

I’m guessing part of the problem is a lot of people think they won’t fit or are unsure just based on looking at it and reading rumors. It’s possible with a little time and experience (for both guests and operations) the balance of lines could be closer to what is expected.

There has been some viral stuff about sizing that doesn't align with facts

Incomudro

I’m guessing part of the problem is a lot of people think they won’t fit or are unsure just based on looking at it and reading rumors. It’s possible with a little time and experience (for both guests and operations) the balance of lines could be closer to what is expected.
From the video of the large sized guy demonstrating fitting on the vehicle, I can see that the position is less radical than it appears to be.
You're more or less sitting straight down, and just leaning forward a bit.
I'd imagine some larger people and/or those with mobility or injury issues to hips or knees might have difficulty straddling that vehicle - especially during the mount and dismount.

Incomudro

What is the percentage of riders who even realize what is happening in that 2 seconds? One room should be a game grid, with an easily viewable adversary. Not some blink and you'll miss it event to the side of a train where it is uncomfortable to even try to see it.

Your picture sorta proves the point.
I don't believe this ride exists for fans of these movies much at all really.
It's mostly just a cool ride.

Jrb1979

That's my issue with this ride and the majority of new attractions they put in. Sure Guardians and Tron are fun but they lack that theming that and story that was once made Disney different.

IMO it's sad that Everest is the last coaster Disney built that had a good story, themed very well and was fun.

Drdcm

I’ll be positive about this. I like both movies. I actually really like Legacy for the music and visuals alone (probably watched it 20+ times and my morning alarm is the overture from the movie). I’m looking forward to a sequel. I’m also really looking forward to this ride. It looks like a lot of fun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DKampy

That's my issue with this ride and the majority of new attractions they put in. Sure Guardians and Tron are fun but they lack that theming that and story that was once made Disney different.

IMO it's sad that Everest is the last coaster Disney built that had a good story, themed very well and was fun.
What is the story in Space Mountain that makes it more than a fun roller coaster is it more in depth than Tron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom