News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

I don't think this is an exact copy like many people here said, it has a much longer ending tunnel to the unload station doesn't it?
That would require a bigger, more rectangular building and changes to the angle of the launch. They didn’t do that.

I think the thinking is that Legacy is something they can make more of, whereas Tron is classic, but old. If they theme the ride after the original, it comes across as a vote of no-confidence in Legacy and doesn't set them up to expand the IP into things like D+ series, games, etc.
The already had a vote of no confidence when they aborted the sequel, cancelled the television show and stopped all of the other ancillary product work.

Absimilliard

This may give some a basis to work off of, thanks to this kind person for sharing.

I am nearly the same size as that guy and I fit with no issues in Shanghai. Moving your feet and taking advantage of the moving leg pads will make you fit. If you're trying to look pretty for a selfie or a youtube video rather than trying to fit in, the silver metal bars won't lock in place.

No Name

The second film is almost irrefutably visually better than the first one, and came out around when this coaster was being designed. It would’ve made absolutely no sense to base this ride off of the first movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is true, but close enough for the synergy factor. It will have a lot of the same aesthetic. Might as well call it "Tron: Reboot"
Yes. Let's return to life inside a computer with a Reboot!!

1675615344079.png

celluloid

Yes. Let's return to life inside a computer with a Reboot!!

I thought that when I typed it. I was a target demo for that show, and I still could not get into it.

celluloid

This attraction wasn’t about synergy. It was something quick and easy to add capacity, not part of some grand master plan to once again make a big push for TRON.

The quote above was talking about the movie with Jared Leto moving forward again. Not the attraction.

As far as the attraction goes, For sure that is the primary function. Not mutually exclusive.

Tiana has a show in the works that the new attraction will be based on.
Tron will be an asthetic pushed for again that the movie content itself can be shallow when relating to.
You typically see an animated merch push for whatever movie is being remade into live action.

It is common now.

gorillaball

This may give some a basis to work off of, thanks to this kind person for sharing.

This can’t be true because “rumors” say some people don’t fit… which means on message boards - disaster, nobody fits!!!! Also… if you only time from launch to when it gets dark it’s under 30 seconds. Shortest ride ever!!! Meanwhile video right after shows actually undisputed length…. But but don’t start until launch and stop at first break point… ain’t the interwebs great!

JoeCamel

This can’t be true because “rumors” say some people don’t fit… which means on message boards - disaster, nobody fits!!!! Also… if you only time from launch to when it gets dark it’s under 30 seconds. Shortest ride ever!!! Meanwhile video right after shows actually undisputed length…. But but don’t start until launch and stop at first break point… ain’t the interwebs great!
I'm hearing smaller people find it very awkward, maybe shut it down and order new trains?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom