News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Vanderperre

I couldn't imagine choosing the dlp over wdw parks, but if your going to Europe and visiting Paris of course I'd want to check it out. But if I was making a trip just for parks, I'd Def choose Florida....maybe if I tied in Europa and phantasialand I to a dlp trip then that'd be cooler than fl imo.
Based in Europe and I really can’t find DLP appealing, even if it’s only 2 hours away by train. For me, WDW is a no brainer. First of all, the weather usually sucks. Second, the CMs and mostly French park goers can’t really get in the spirit. Third, the food is soooo bad, a dinner at McDonald’s just outside the park was the culinary highlight of my stay last time around. I will never go back.

ToTBellHop

Based in Europe and I really can’t find DLP appealing, even if it’s only 2 hours away by train. For me, WDW is a no brainer. First of all, the weather usually sucks. Second, the CMs and mostly French park goers can’t really get in the spirit. Third, the food is soooo bad, a dinner at McDonald’s just outside the park was the culinary highlight of my stay last time around. I will never go back.
I just found the park to be shockingly empty. They haven’t really added anything to Parc Disneyland since the 90s and it showed. What they have is gorgeous but they need more rides and some shows.

I, of course, understand there are many languages spoken, but I found the cast and guests alike to be much less friendly than in Florida. In Florida, I frequently get into conversations with the cast. Not at DLP. It doesn’t help that they run on about a quarter of the cast of a WDW park would use.

Also, I expected to love the castle but in person, it looks like a giant toy to me. Cinderella Castle is more majestic.

Finally, the hotel left a LOT to be desired.

To be clear, we loved Paris the city and would go back in a heartbeat. DLP, I could take or leave.

Vanderperre

It's well known it will be ready way before Spring.

WDW is opening it on a marketing timeline, not a construction timeline.
I still would put money on it being open come (the end of) March. Said it before but I don’t think the “marketing” argument is all that powerful. They’re not going to make a big marketing push with Tron given they just closed the 50th celebration. And if they wanted to hold back to Memorial Day, they’d have announced a Summer opening, like for Cosmic Rewind. And an April vs March opening doesn’t make much difference, but allows them to start the Splash conversion and generate extra ILL income. Given that the construction is visibly coming to an end, I say we have a Q1 opening, probably late Feb to mid March

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I still would put money on it being open come (the end of) March. Said it before but I don’t think the “marketing” argument is all that powerful. They’re not going to make a big marketing push with Tron given they just closed the 50th celebration. And if they wanted to hold back to Memorial Day, they’d have announced a Summer opening, like for Cosmic Rewind. And an April vs March opening doesn’t make much difference, but allows them to start the Splash conversion and generate extra ILL income. Given that the construction is visibly coming to an end, I say we have a Q1 opening, probably late Feb to mid March
March is in Spring.

G00fyDad

They haven't closed the 50th Celebration. That is next year.

J4546

Highly recommended.

I haven't been there in 4 years, and I'll still say DLP is so much better than anything in the swamps right now. It's. Not. Even. Close. To dismiss it over WDW is pure ignorance.
I'm not dismissing it, i.jist thunk dlp is not close to wdw. Dlp has the disneyland park which is pretty, but doesn't have that many rides and hasn't been updated in 20+ years, and studios park, which is the worst Disney park by a long shot imo

TQQQ

Agree.......I think will do cast previews, DVC and AP soft openings beginning in mid Jan and will open Mar 1 to have some operational experience/history before the Easter rush

you will see people cancel in droves if its not open for Easter (just like people waited for ROTR)

LittleBuford

I haven't been there in 4 years, and I'll still say DLP is so much better than anything in the swamps right now. It's. Not. Even. Close. To dismiss it over WDW is pure ignorance.
I’ve been to both multiple times. I enjoy each resort immensely, and while I recognise that Disneyland Paris—specifically Disneyland Park—is superior in beauty and detail to the Magic Kingdom, I generally have a better time in Florida because of the overall atmosphere and friendliness of the CMs. In other words, one doesn’t have to be ignorant to prefer WDW, particularly when Paris (the city) offers so much to do and see that has no US equivalent at all.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not dismissing it, i.jist thunk dlp is not close to wdw. Dlp has the disneyland park which is pretty, but doesn't have that many rides and hasn't been updated in 20+ years, and studios park, which is the worst Disney park by a long shot imo

Well that's ... an opinion. A completely uninformed one, but an opinion nonetheless. 30-ish rides and attractions between two parks, including some the best versions of classics. The Rat area is far beyond what they shoehorned in at Epcot. A vastly superior nighttime castle show. It's not without its flaws, but to say it's not even close to WDW is just poppycock.

I’ve been to both multiple times. I enjoy each resort immensely, and while I recognise that Disneyland Paris—specifically Disneyland Park—is superior in beauty and detail to the Magic Kingdom, I generally have a better time in Florida because of the overall atmosphere and friendliness of the CMs. In other words, one doesn’t have to be ignorant to prefer WDW, particularly when Paris (the city) offers so much to do and see that has no US equivalent at all.

Agreed, CM's are not as friendly there as in Florida. I chalked that up as a cultural difference. But to me, it's ignorant to dismiss DLP when one has never even visited the place. As mentioned, it's beautiful. Disneyland Parc has a charm that you don't get at MK. And with Paris being a train ride away, there is truly no comparison.

Anywho... back to Tron.

Bocabear

Well that's ... an opinion. A completely uninformed one, but an opinion nonetheless. 30-ish rides and attractions between two parks, including some the best versions of classics. The Rat area is far beyond what they shoehorned in at Epcot. A vastly superior nighttime castle show. It's not without its flaws, but to say it's not even close to WDW is just poppycock.

Agreed, CM's are not as friendly there as in Florida. I chalked that up as a cultural difference. But to me, it's ignorant to dismiss DLP when one has never even visited the place. As mentioned, it's beautiful. Disneyland Parc has a charm that you don't get at MK. And with Paris being a train ride away, there is truly no comparison.

Anywho... back to Tron.
I would have to agree. Been a few times and it is utterly charming and beautifully detailed... Now the Studios Park can use a lot of help, but that appears to be coming... We will see.

TQQQ

It won't be that early for previews.
Rem Rat was 6 weeks before.......Aug 19th cast member previews began and it opened Oct. 1.........Very similar to Tron in that it was complete way before and held back for marketing........I bet they happen in Jan

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wouldn’t surprise me if Splash closed before non project people ride Tron.

Last edited:

J4546

it is just my opinion.

Disney Studios park is the worst disney park by far imo, and even when the new frozen area/lake is done in 2-3-4 years it will still be the worst, but at least it wont be a bad park. It only has a couple good rides.... It has ToT (the smaller not FL version) Rat (a good dark ride) Crush Coaster (a good little coaster i'd like to see in USA) and the new avengers campus with webslingers and a reimagined Aerosmith coaster that has less than good reviews.....Also the Cars ride that looks terrible as well as the flying carpets and 4-5 other small kids rides....So yeah....not that great of a lineup imo.

DisneyLand Park is much better and is probably the most beautiful park but also lacking major rides. You got Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates, A great classic style Fantasyland with 5-6 small darkrides, IaSW, Space, Speedway, Astroblasters and a small indiana jones coaster. not a bad lineup at all, I esp like the fantasyland area but a lot of the rides I listed I dont like, Im just listing the more major attractions. IaSW, Speedway, AstroBlasters I dont care about, and SM makes me sick although Id still do it just because. No Jungle Cruise, No Splash, No Indiana Jones Darkride, No ToonTown....I feel Paris DL is lacking a lot. But is aestheticly very pretty.

Honestly I think Im spoiled cause I live near DL in California and thats the best park for rides it seems by far. Both parks in Paris need a ton of work, luckily Disney is investing into the Paris resorts but even with the 2+ billion investment, DL isnt getting anything new and Studios is still....it is what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom