Premium Member
Photos from today -

DFEB054C-9D0D-4826-BA58-937744DD4211.jpeg
03F984B0-964F-43EA-AC64-C06112C0452C.jpeg
94A73AD8-72A2-4239-B862-E2A68E80B41D.jpeg
808484F1-7141-4F33-A396-4EA9DFE75AD4.jpeg
8458A30B-F5C5-4AB5-8FA3-80A863FC6D9A.jpeg

Dranth

I do love me some Revenge of the Mummy. It always struck me as the type of coaster Disney should have built at DHS. It’s highly themed and not all that intense or fast. It has a bit of thrill but honestly, everyone in my family agrees that it’s just a lot of fun.

Also, FIRE!!
Still one of my favorite rides in Orlando to this day.

Josh/Bob need to use something like this to give me an Indian Jones ride in Adventure Land!

Dranth

As much as people gush over spiderman, I really think Mummy topped it. Spideman is still great but it is #3 in my book behind Hagrids and Mummy in those parks
Hagrid's is no doubt number one but I would be hard pressed to pick between Mummy and Spiderman for two and three. It likely would just depend on how I am feeling that day.

Touchdown

I do love me some Revenge of the Mummy. It always struck me as the type of coaster Disney should have built at DHS. It’s highly themed and not all that intense or fast. It has a bit of thrill but honestly, everyone in my family agrees that it’s just a lot of fun.

Also, FIRE!!
Always my first and last ride of any Universal Vacation. Just a great time all around.

J4546

love seeing the landscaping progress so quickly! All the trees really make the new tron landscape look much better. Just a little bit more concrete walkways left to be poured in front of ride and around the store and then it looks like concrete work is pretty much done! Just some electrical/lighting, signage, props, and landscaping and its done...such a long journey finally nearing the finish line lol

i do kinda wish they had those square cut trees like in paris, in this new tron area....i think it would look really cool to have boxy trees along the curved canopy...but thats just me

Last edited:

Vanderperre

love seeing the landscaping progress so quickly!
Agree. Nice to have transformative visible progress over a short timeframe. This whole project has moved at such a snail’s pace. It was a story of the most minimal incremental additions following each other. The only time I remember stuff moving fast was when they installed the track portion of the gravity building. That went up fast. But since, it has been like watching paint dry…

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

cranbiz

As a fan of model railroading (especially G-gauge), I had to do a double take thinking this was just faked using an image of stacked G-gauge track... but nope... 100% real...
No different than just about any RR. Amtrack does this all the time as well. Norfolk Southern just rebuild a lot of line in Danville, VA with sectional track. New concrete ties for the mainline ties as well.

TDLFan

Take this for what it is, but heard last night this thing is already plagued with technical issues, thus why no date was given. #hotmessincoming

ToTBellHop

Take this for what it is, but heard last night this thing is already plagued with technical issues, thus why no date was given. #hotmessincoming
We have been told by members with Ph.D.s in Architecture from the University of YouTube that it is exceedingly simple to build a clone of an existing ride. We actually have one member of the community who has already built a TRON Lightcycle/Run in his back yard. It opened in 2019.

No. More. Excuses. Paycheck!

SpectreJordan

But on the other side of the coin, when they do attempt something like a themed coaster... Why is the mummy still better than the half billion dollar Guardians ride?
The physical sets in Mummy are great, but the thrill is very lacking; I rode it again last week & it feels so slow to me. Guardians is much more thrilling & fun, but yeah it's just a bunch of screens in a dark building. It's sort of the opposite of what Universal & Disney usually do tbh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom