News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

bhg469

Breaking News!: Disney has just been bought by Warner Bros Discovery and TRON is being scrapped for the insurance money!!

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

JMcMahonEsq

I'm more impressed on the boundaries that the coaster industry has pushed versus these trackless rides Disney puts in.
Then what are you doing here?

Seriously, and not meant as an insult, but that is like joining a major league baseball message board to talk about baseball, and complaining about the game because they are not dunking as much as they do in the NBA.

Disney has never been about coasters, or pushing the boundaries for those types of rides. Disney is looking to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, so from a meta perspective they are never going to be too far on the edge of risk/thrill/speed/height requirements as they don't want to exclude large portions of its potential customer base. If that is what impresses you that's a personal preference which is fine, but by it's very business model Disney is never going to measure up nor is it going to try to.

bhg469

Then what are you doing here?

Seriously, and not meant as an insult, but that is like joining a major league baseball message board to talk about baseball, and complaining about the game because they are not dunking as much as they do in the NBA.

Disney has never been about coasters, or pushing the boundaries for those types of rides. Disney is looking to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, so from a meta perspective they are never going to be too far on the edge of risk/thrill/speed/height requirements as they don't want to exclude large portions of its potential customer base. If that is what impresses you that's a personal preference which is fine, but by it's very business model Disney is never going to measure up nor is it going to try to.
But on the other side of the coin, when they do attempt something like a themed coaster... Why is the mummy still better than the half billion dollar Guardians ride?

JMcMahonEsq

But on the other side of the coin, when they do attempt something like a themed coaster... Why is the mummy still better than the half billion dollar Guardians ride?
First, I don't concede the comparison that mummy is per se better than guardians. As I have not ridden the two I can't make a personal comparison, and even if I did, it would only be my personal opinion. I will say, at least how it relates to Jrn's initial point on innovation, the ride system on Guardians appears to be more innovative and new than mummy. Though to be fair I really liked the original Mummy movie so from an IP standpoint I might lean more towards that ride than GotG.

As for costs, as long as I am not footing the bill, I care more for the end result than the price tag. Also, comparing costs of rides built 20 years about doesn't strike me as a fruitful comparison.

bhg469

In this forum?
True! But even the most biased of Disney fans should recognize that Tron is really nothing special.. I fully plan on riding Tron, but people on here that I trust, have me ready to be underwhelmed. Disney already opened their premier themed coaster with Guradians and that is nowhere near as entertaining as Hagrid's.

MickeyLuv'r

True! But even the most biased of Disney fans should recognize that Tron is really nothing special.. I fully plan on riding Tron, but people on here that I trust, have me ready to be underwhelmed. Disney already opened their premier themed coaster with Guradians and that is nowhere near as entertaining as Hagrid's.
We really enjoyed Guardians, but Hagrid's is excellent. I was underwhelmed by the Galaxy's Edge though, and I wanted to love it. Maybe my expectations were too high, but just anything Star Wars should be mind-blowing.

With Tron, my expectations are far more modest. In that sense, it may well exceed my expectations. But it certainly is taking forever to finish it. I also now miss the train ride. I didn't often ride it in the past, but the sound of the train is important to making MK the Magic Kingdom. After so long, I'm really eager to ride it again!

Casper Gutman

Two words: audio animatronics.
The stories for both Mummy and Cosmic Rewind are confused and incoherent, but Mummy doesn't make you stand through multiple pre-shows pretending its all very important, has Brendan Fraiser giving it his charming, self-deprecating all, and ultimately manages to be silly rather then tedious.

Also audio-animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom