News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jrb1979

TRON is not a mirror of the coaster in Shanghai, it is just rotated. But the problem with most of these comparisons is they compare different things and different processes.
I know Disney does thing differently than most parks. It's not hard to understand why people say these things when they take so long to build things

lazyboy97o

I know Disney does thing differently than most parks. It's not hard to understand why people say these things when they take so long to build things
You know they do something different, but what is actually different? You’re making comments comparing this to Pipeline which regardless of any process differences is a vastly different scope of work.

Jrb1979

You know they do something different, but what is actually different? You’re making comments comparing this to Pipeline which regardless of any process differences is a vastly different scope of work.
One is a highly themed ride and one is just a generic coaster. Of course its going to take more time to build. The point still stands that in your average guests eyes it's not a good look.

G00fyDad

For what it's worth, I spoke with one of the "blue tent" CM's today about the railroad and she said that they had all of the track laid already that they had to take some of it back up again because the measurements were off and the tracks weren't measuring up with each other. Grain of salt I guess...

lazyboy97o

For what it's worth, I spoke with one of the "blue tent" CM's today about the railroad and she said that they had all of the track laid already that they had to take some of it back up again because the measurements were off and the tracks weren't measuring up with each other. Grain of salt I guess...
Variations of the story have been told for years now.

J4546

anyone know what the plan is for the views to the right of the actual ride entrance? Trees? Or will the build a higher wall instead of the railings installed elsewhere? There’s the emergency exit door to the stairway so maybe a wall that high? I assume they want you to see Space Mountain, but there’s a ton of backstage to hide in between
I'm guessing a high wall like in Shanghai

Vegas Disney Fan

anyone know what the plan is for the views to the right of the actual ride entrance? Trees? Or will the build a higher wall instead of the railings installed elsewhere? There’s the emergency exit door to the stairway so maybe a wall that high? I assume they want you to see Space Mountain, but there’s a ton of backstage to hide in between
I’m curious how much you’ll be able to see with the canopy around the entrance. Looking at an overhead I think you’ll only see Space Mtn, maybe a bit of world Drive, and then the contemporary resort in the distance... there’s no maintenance buildings or anything behind Space Mtn or between the two rides to hide. Hard to tell until we can actually stand on the bridge though.

JoeCamel

Considering they use a measuring fixture to install the track I wouldn't give this a pass but what about the rumor the tunnel was too short as designed?

bpiper

Since your now going to get a good closeup of the Space Mt building, do you think they will power wash the algae off of it? Is the building suppose to be white or pale green, with darker highlight strips (of mildew)? Also, the backside of the power building (gift shop) they are working on is disgusting with algae.

I wonder why they don't install a copper strip around the top of the mountain. Every time it rains, a tiny amount of copper will wash down the roof. Copper is a natural biocide, and the algae will not grow in its presence.

James Alucobond

Since your now going to get a good closeup of the Space Mt building, do you think they will power wash the algae off of it? Is the building suppose to be white or pale green, with darker highlight strips (of mildew)? Also, the backside of the power building (gift shop) they are working on is disgusting with algae.
You'll get about as close as you could get from the Speedway previously, and there will be tons of landscaping breaking up the view. If you're referring to the view from the flyover, I suspect @J4546 is correct in thinking there'll be a wall that extends out from the emergency exit archway to obstruct views of both the power substation below and the emergency stairway.

bpiper

You'll get about as close as you could get from the Speedway previously, and there will be tons of landscaping breaking up the view. If you're referring to the view from the flyover, I suspect @J4546 is correct in thinking there'll be a wall that extends out from the emergency exit archway to obstruct views of both the power substation below and the emergency stairway.
Since it looks like they still have the construction railing up along that stretch of the entrance path instead of the final railing, it looks promising for a view blocking wall. I just keep remembering the backside of Rat on the Skyliner. Power transformers and all.

ToTBellHop

One is a highly themed ride and one is just a generic coaster. Of course its going to take more time to build. The point still stands that in your average guests eyes it's not a good look.
The average guest is well aware the WDW builds more impressive rides than Sea World. And while the average guest will fault Disney for Genie+, they are not complaining about lack of additions. There has been an incredible number of additions over the last 5 years.

James Alucobond

Since it looks like they still have the construction railing up along that stretch of the entrance path instead of the final railing, it looks promising for a view blocking wall. I just keep remembering the backside of Rat on the Skyliner. Power transformers and all.
I would be slightly more concerned if the original Shanghai attraction didn't already have a high wall in that exact spot, but it does.

Jrb1979

The average guest is well aware the WDW builds more impressive rides than Sea World. And while the average guest will fault Disney for Genie+, they are not complaining about lack of additions. There has been an incredible number of additions over the last 5 years.
I'm more impressed on the boundaries that the coaster industry has pushed versus these trackless rides Disney puts in.

James Alucobond

No one is debating that the construction of TRON is ridiculously drawn out; they're just pointing out that Sea World and Disney build such fundamentally different roller coaster experiences that it's silly to bother comparing. You're never going to get a thrill-over-theming experience at Disney World (or at least I hope not), so why point to the thing they'll never build as relevant at all to the discussion?

Last edited:

jinx8402

Of course I do. I joined a WDW board. To me, Disney is (still) the best. I am confused by people who join a fan board when they prefer something else. I don’t join Sea World boards and go there to tell people how awful Sea World is because that would be ridiculous.
Imagine joining two Disney world related boards when you prefer other parks more.

brb1006

rJPMW693Mw7-uumNvjB5cNjVkdr9RFlaMlasCN4lSSw.gif

So about Tron guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom