News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Genuinely, there is value in the company making it a third rail electric train while making it look like a steam engine for show, but this company will not do it.
What value is that? The steamboat and steam train are very important elements of magic kingdom in my opinion. The historical operations make the place “real” and not just a fake facade.
The Roy O Disney is currently at Strasburg being refurbed.
Oh that’s sad. The roy is my favorite (since it’s a 4-4-0 and the oldest) and I was hoping I’d get to see it again before it was “modernized” - oh well. I was on the Roy’s very last train before they closed the railroad.

EricsBiscuit

Roy has not gone yet. Roger is the one currently at Strasburg, and is probably getting close to being finished if he isn’t already. Walter returned in August of 2020 and Lilly returned in July of 2016.
I’m sure Roger will be gone a while longer although he was relatively recently refurbed in the 90s so I’m not sure if the work needed is as extensive.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some more photos

Tron_Full_47482.jpg

UNCgolf

No, but the large gaps where the tarp doesn’t block the ride building are a design snafu that regrettably has occurred again.

Yep. That will be an issue, but not a surprising one -- almost nothing about the way they shoehorned the existing TRON design into that space is well done.

It probably won't be a concern from inside the park, though, because you won't be able to see TRON from most places. I think by the time you get to a location where you can actually see it, you'll be close enough that the canopy blocks the view of the show building. From that particular angle, that is -- the show building will still be a problem from other places.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It probably won't be a concern from inside the park, though, because you won't be able to see TRON from most places. I think by the time you get to a location where you can actually see it, you'll be close enough that the canopy blocks the view of the show building. From that particular angle, that is -- the show building will still be a problem from other places.
Tron_Full_47480.jpg

ToTBellHop

Yep. That will be an issue, but not a surprising one -- almost nothing about the way they shoehorned the existing TRON design into that space is well done.

The view from barnstormer is awful. Not that Barnstormer is the most aesthetically pleasing, itself….

I’d chuckle if they added a dark outline on the TRON building where Goofini “crashed”…

TrainsOfDisney

It would be absolutely heinous if they don’t even attempt to address this sight line. I can’t imagine a berm with trees a top it would be that difficult to accomplish.
Hopefully there is a plan but Disney has shown us how little they care. Harmonious Barges, Guardians Building, Ratatouille, even galaxies edge and avatar land have some terrible views from public areas of the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom