News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Purduevian

Hah, I almost mentioned them too. That plot isn't directly next to them, but it's very close.
I think Track to Track distance, Speedway is actually closest to 7D, then Barnstormer, then Space, then Tron
1643989504815.png

UNCgolf

I think Track to Track distance, Speedway is actually closest to 7D, then Barnstormer, then Space, then Tron View attachment 618845

I was thinking entrance to entrance, but looks like it's still closer to 7DMT than TRON. Might be closer than Space Mountain too! I didn't even realize it was that close.

You're right -- it's basically surrounded by coasters. Please don't build another coaster there if the Speedway is ever replaced.

celluloid

My issue with this is that there are go-kart tracks for kids all over the country (and most of them are better than the Tomorrowland Speedway). It's not like it's something unique to Disney that people can't do at home.
Blind children and other lack of abilities is what I was speaking to.

That is magical to witness and means the world to those kids and their parents when the Cast Members can say "let them drive." Yes the guiderail is annoying to many on these types or rides who were expecting more freedom in their drive but if you let imagination and compassion to the situations like the one just mentioned, it has a lot more meaning.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I guess the cones are there to keep them from puncturing the canopy during installation? Weird that they’d use them here and not during the installation of the panels below if that were the case, though.

BrianLo

And there are folks still claiming that this wasn't just a hastily-conceived copy-and-paste project (canopy facing the side of Space Mountain, and all)?

I will almost never defend unadjusted clones. But - I actually much prefer the guest facing angle of Tron in MK.

The 'money shot' in Shanghai unfortunately includes way too much side profile of the show building. The canopy doesn't sit in front of the building (like it should), it sits beside it. Which is a very weird choice for the park it was actually designed for, yet strangely works better for this park since they turned it sideways.

UNCgolf

I will almost never defend unadjusted clones. But - I actually much prefer the guest facing angle of Tron in MK.

The 'money shot' in Shanghai unfortunately includes way too much side profile of the show building. The canopy doesn't sit in front of the building (like it should), it sits beside it. Which is a very weird choice for the park it was actually designed for, yet strangely works better for this park since they turned it sideways.

I've gotten the impression that guests will never really get a good look at the canopy at the MK. You won't really be able to see it at all until you get near Space Mountain (it will be blocked by the other Tomorrowland buildings plus the People Mover/Star Jets, and at that point you'll be so close to it that I don't think it will have the same view/effect you'd get if you were able to see it from farther away.

It kind of seems like the best view of the canopy would be from near the Speedway entrance, because you'd be farther away with a more panoramic view, but I think there will be trees in the way there.

James Alucobond

So choo-choo running under the canopy but NOT in the tunnel? oh lord.. that's not gonna go well over time. Even the west end is pretty close to the canopy... I would expect containments to get on that end too.
As far as we know, it's getting a tunnel. It's just its own structure entirely that intersects with the flyover.

I mostly agree, but only from Tomorrowland. The views from Storybook Circus and the Contemporary are awful, though I think the former could be mitigated somewhat if they significantly re-dress the Barnstormer queue. Also, it'd be nice if the Speedway queue and Light & Power were reworked to give even better visibility to the canopy.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I've gotten the impression that guests will never really get a good look at the canopy at the MK. You won't really be able to see it at all until you get near Space Mountain (it will be blocked by the other Tomorrowland buildings plus the People Mover/Star Jets, and at that point you'll be so close to it that I don't think it will have the same view/effect you'd get if you were able to see it from farther away.

It kind of seems like the best view of the canopy would be from near the Speedway entrance, because you'd be farther away with a more panoramic view, but I think there will be trees in the way there.

Oh yes. It’s not going to be the focal point that it is in Shanghai. But neither is Space Mountain the focal point to MK that Tron is in SDL.

Personally I prefer the minimized canopy because of the even more minimized show building. I have sort of seen both now to compare.

But, somehow it weirdly works for MK. It shouldn’t, but the two really compliment one another as opposed to minimize. The best views will be from the Speedway I think.

CF25C54C-8F9C-4AE6-BE94-066650B60017.jpeg
A09004E1-7E55-45CB-AB78-6E69950E1003.jpeg

The Visionary Soul

Oh yes. It’s not going to be the focal point that it is in Shanghai. But neither is Space Mountain the focal point to MK that Tron is in SDL.

Personally I prefer the minimized canopy because of the even more minimized show building. I have sort of seen both now to compare.

But, somehow it weirdly works for MK. It shouldn’t, but the two really compliment one another as opposed to minimize. The best views will be from the Speedway I think.

View attachment 619367View attachment 619368
What speedway? 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom