News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
yea but they are both very lightly themed, outdoor coasters without a massive and beautiful (imo) canopy and equally massive raised pedestrian footbridge taking you 20-30 ft in the air and over a railroad
Yeah. The best rides are always measured in how long it takes to build them.
I don't think he meant to imply that the sea world coasters were better than a Disney attraction, just that they were built faster.

For clarification, my comment was in response to the statement that the track work on the hub coaster at Epic Universe may be completed before Tron opens. I was simply point out that Sea World may have gone well beyond that with the announcement, construction and opening of two separate coasters before Tron opens. I was in no way implying that Tron will be better than either of the last two coasters Sea World has built/is building.

For a more "apples-to-apples" comparison, Transformers was built in (I believe) 9 months and while it's not exactly the same, it's evidence that if Disney wanted, Tron could probably have been built in 2.5 years (three times the amount of time it took to build Transformers... probably less?). Not complaining, just saying that Disney builds things on their own timelines (though I think everyone already knew that).

UNCgolf

You don't need a sneak peak. You can already view the ride at Shanghai. The opening is breathtaking, but from then on i don't think it beats Hagrid's.

Word of warning - don't go watch their versions of Peter Pan or Pirates of Caibbean - you'll be fuming how next level they are compared to the dross servings at Florida.

I think Florida's Pirates is better than the Shanghai version.

The Shanghai version is neat and the ride system is really cool, but there's too much watching a video on a screen in front of you. It does a good job incorporating physical effects with the video, but it's just not as impressive/immersive as being in a space full of physical sets, AAs, etc.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Having seen the Shanghai version, it is a wow! Fast paced, always something to look at, beautifully done. It is Completely fresh, especially to those who are very familiar with the original versions... That said nothing seems to beat a ton of animatronics... and you should know if you haven't seen the others, WDW has the worst iteration of Pirates... It is the Cliff Notes version... The original Disneyland version or the Paris versions are far superior.
The Tron Queue in Shanghai reminds me a lot of the Space Mountain Queue in Disneyland... A lot of narrow hallways, very little story, and not very interesting. I hope they spent a little more on the Queue for WDW, but I think it will probably be the same thing dubbed in English.

tparris

Most construction materials have been removed from the entrance plaza, and the walkways have been pressure washed. I’ll post some photos at some point today. Last night there was someone sitting in the entrance plaza with a laptop actively messing with the canopy lights. I got about 15 minutes of footage, but here’s a quick snippet:

Smiley/OCD

Here at MK now…train is making complete cycles with CM’s on board…and of course we go home Thursday…

Attachments

• B1D2FA04-3E13-45AA-B518-730014EEFC40.jpeg
    B1D2FA04-3E13-45AA-B518-730014EEFC40.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 81

Disney Analyst

Most construction materials have been removed from the entrance plaza, and the walkways have been pressure washed. I’ll post some photos at some point today. Last night there was someone sitting in the entrance plaza with a laptop actively messing with the canopy lights. I got about 15 minutes of footage, but here’s a quick snippet:

Ooh, need some daytime shots of the entry plaza!! @wdwmagic 🥺

DonniePeverley

I think Florida's Pirates is better than the Shanghai version.

The Shanghai version is neat and the ride system is really cool, but there's too much watching a video on a screen in front of you. It does a good job incorporating physical effects with the video, but it's just not as impressive/immersive as being in a space full of physical sets, AAs, etc.

Good grief.

What a horrific post.

GimpYancIent

You don't need a sneak peak. You can already view the ride at Shanghai. The opening is breathtaking, but from then on i don't think it beats Hagrid's.

Word of warning - don't go watch their versions of Peter Pan or Pirates of Caibbean - you'll be fuming how next level they are compared to the dross servings at Florida.
Let's get something clear No One Cares about the ride in Shanghai, it's in China. The interest is in the ride in the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World in Florida. Sneak peaks of the ride in WDW is what is being looked forward to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom