News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

The CMs that wanted to work there? This is something so stupid to be upset about, the opening team CMs had to apply to work there
Who said I was upset? I just find it funny. Maybe they should do a video letting the WDW Railroad CM’s know they get to work on steam trains again instead of random crowd control or whatever…. Now THAT would be some genuine happiness that I could understand :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Lol. I’m not taking any of this too serious. That video was pretty silly and cringe. They’ll get some cool Tron opening day cast swag though - and it will be fun to see the excitement for the new attraction.

But still….. I’m waiting for the steam train!!!!
I don’t think we were the target audience for the post. Why would they target people with cold, brittle, and/or jaded hearts?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

90AA9E25-2329-455D-9446-5FC05936FB9C.jpeg
AF18AF61-0F74-4815-B67F-2A55BF790B45.jpeg

D38BF430-7B5A-41DB-B370-58E159637F6C.jpeg
C626F347-FF94-45F6-AFDC-0CD7507F44FB.jpeg
075DB29F-9624-461F-B1AB-CAE0A242E5F3.jpeg
1C56CF75-533E-4159-AD49-571415E11140.jpeg
C2594B7E-1DBB-45D8-A3D3-E73DA8FFCCE5.jpeg

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Highly cringeworthy.

I can’t imagine anyone overly excited to work at this ride vs. others on property. It’s not like Tower of Terror or even Flight of Passage or whatnot where there’s a story to engage with, it’s a fun ride with some decorations but that’s really the extent of it.
Being on the opening team of anything new, whether it's an attraction or shop, is an exciting feeling. I was an opening day CM for the DisneyStyle store at Springs. While I knew the store wasn't going to be anything amazing or groundbreaking, I was still excited to be personally chosen to help open the store. I'm proud that was my last location as a CM before moving on from the company.

fgmnt

Gosh, it’s hard to think of a clearer addition-by-subtraction in magic kingdom than this awful awful awful power & light/store/old arcade building. Garish, blocks old and new great views, will be terrible for traffic flow. I guess it must have been marginally cheaper than a new, smaller gift shop at the TRON site so it stayed, but man do I hate this thing.

_caleb

Someday, in the not-too-distant future, everyone who ever used the word “cringe” as an adjective will be mortified they ever did so. In fact, many will deny ever having used it. Blame the culture, blame social media, blame the public school system. But this thread—this will serve as a record of these transgressions. And we will not forget.

Disstevefan1

Someday, in the not-too-distant future, everyone who ever used the word “cringe” as an adjective will be mortified they ever did so. In fact, many will deny ever having used it. Blame the culture, blame social media, blame the public school system. But this thread—this will serve as a record of these transgressions. And we will not forget.
I think it’s cringe worthy that the WDW RR has been down for so long and this project has taken so long to complete.

Vegas Disney Fan

Gosh, it’s hard to think of a clearer addition-by-subtraction in magic kingdom than this awful awful awful power & light/store/old arcade building. Garish, blocks old and new great views, will be terrible for traffic flow. I guess it must have been marginally cheaper than a new, smaller gift shop at the TRON site so it stayed, but man do I hate this thing.

I was thinking the same thing, they should have knocked it down and built a smaller exit for SM while they had the chance, they’ve spent years widening the walkways and streets to improve traffic flow around the parks and then leave this to save a few bucks, it makes no sense.

Once Tron opens it’ll be nearly impossible to remove this pinch point, and probably ten times the cost of doing it now.

J4546

I was thinking the same thing, they should have knocked it down and built a smaller exit for SM while they had the chance, they’ve spent years widening the walkways and streets to improve traffic flow around the parks and then leave this to save a few bucks, it makes no sense.

Once Tron opens it’ll be nearly impossible to remove this pinch point, and probably ten times the cost of doing it now.
I have a feeling (just a feeling) that in 3-5 years Disney is gonna announce SM is getting redone like Tokyo and they will tear out all of it and redo that area from scratch. I may very well be wrong of course.

celluloid

The stories for both Mummy and Cosmic Rewind are confused and incoherent, but Mummy doesn't make you stand through multiple pre-shows pretending its all very important, has Brendan Fraiser giving it his charming, self-deprecating all, and ultimately manages to be silly rather then tedious.

Also audio-animatronics.

And to add, other practical effects of fog, water and pyro. It also cost 30 million a piece (60 million for both USH and UO) in 2004, with only the building's bones to start. The attraction also has a slightly better capacity than Guardians. Guardians has the lower height requirement going for it at least.

Vs the 400 plus Million Guardians cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom