News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

G00fyDad

I'm willing to bet that the railroad opens pretty soon. All they have to do is get finished laying the track. Everything else they need to do with Tron can be done while the railroad is in operation.

JMcMahonEsq

How is this even possible? And he announces it with a straight face!
How is this even a surprise? This has been the opening timeframe that they have been on track for for at least a year. They weren’t going to open the ride right after Covid. The work wasn’t far enough along with the shutdown of construction, and there was no need to rush once the parks re-opened, as you were going to get a major spike just from pent up travel demand.

Then you had the 50th anniversary opening. No reason for a major new ride to open just as the 50th opened, as that was a big enough event in and of itself.

Next your had Rat open, and the holiday after hour events. Your not going to open Tron then. The holidays don’t need a bump for attendance and you weren’t going to open open 2 new rides so close to each other. That would eat into the pop of opening of Rat.

Then about a year into the 50th and at the start of the summer 2022 season you get Guardians. A big new ride to help as first rush of the 50th is starting to wain. Again your not going to open 2 major rides at the same time and canibalize the bump you get from a new ride. So Tron can’t open first half of 2022, or even q3. Q4 of 2022 rolls around and once again your into the holiday seasons, and the return of the full Halloween and Xmas parties. No reason again that you need a big new ride home to drive attendance or sales. So that moves you into spring 2023. The 50th anniversary is coming to a close, it’s a perfect time for a big new opening to lead into the summer season, and to convince everyone that went last year, that there is something new to see now that the 50th is over.

MissingDisney

I'm willing to bet that the railroad opens pretty soon. All they have to do is get finished laying the track. Everything else they need to do with Tron can be done while the railroad is in operation.
Nah. At this point they’ll save it for the 100th celebration because they have nothing else but Tron in the hopper. You can see it now ….”just as Walt’s beloved railroad made its debut on Disneyland opening day, we celebrate the 100th anniversary with a grand reopening of the WDW Railroad….”

KingdomofDreams

Of course... because even though they need more ride capacity in the park and both could be ready to open, why on earth would they want to give any thought to their guests and go ahead and open them? They could absolutely open the Railroad and Tron by the holiday season at the latest. I'm with the guy above who said he's really starting to dislike Disney. They seem to be annoying me more often than not lately as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom