News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

TRON Lightcycle Run construction - March 30 2022​

Tron_Full_46909.jpg

FigmentFan82

Is having concrete on either side of an already loud train going to create too much noise for the passengers? Or is the pass thru time so minimal is doesn't register?

SpectroMagician

Is having concrete on either side of an already loud train going to create too much noise for the passengers? Or is the pass thru time so minimal is doesn't register?
I have to assume the indoor section of the Disneyland RR is longer than this so can't imagine it will be an issue. Probably similar in length to the indoor section of the Magic Kingdom RR through Splash mountain - and I have never noticed any noise issues there.

IveBeenJack

Anyone have any idea what the mystery building at the back is for?

In Shanghai it's a sponsor lounge location for Chevrolet, but WDW's attraction sponsor is Enterprise car rentals so doubt they'll need a showroom for that 😂

Other possibilities are lockers, but the lockers in Shanghai are built into the base of the pillars under the canopy.

So we're left with the exciting prospect of restrooms or a shop?

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 6.20.09.png

ToTBellHop

Some insist lockers, some insist restrooms. I thought the debate had settled on lockers with some degree of certainty, but I see many still reporting restrooms.
Yeah, I’m unsure. It would be an odd location for restrooms since it’s past the ride marquee but they aren’t always logical. I don’t gather our version has access to the same location as SDLs lockers but I haven’t been to SDL to really visualize.

I’d say I’m 60% sure these are lockers. Any close ups of entry? Bathrooms are rather distinctive.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Likely for logistical reasons. Any attempt to monetize resort transportation would cause serious operational inefficiencies.

Plus, they couldn't claim them as a perk to get people to stay at Disney resorts if you had to pay extra. That would probably drive a lot of customers off-site.

It's much easier to monetize them by simply raising the resort room rates, which they've done.
You just hinted at the likely justification. It'd be free* for resort guests, a pseudo-perk all others pay out the wazoo. Or genie it. More evil than genius but I wouldn't put it passed Bob.

UNCgolf

You just hinted at the likely justification. It'd be free* for resort guests, a pseudo-perk all others pay out the wazoo. Or genie it. Genius!

That's where the operational inefficiencies come in, though. That would bring the whole service to a grinding halt as they'd have to check every single passenger before they were allowed to board. It would devalue the service so much that I can't imagine anyone would be willing to pay for it.

Why pay $10 to use a Disney bus that might take 60+ minutes to get you to your destination when you could pay $15 for an Uber that'll get you there in 10?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I’m unsure. It would be an odd location for restrooms since it’s past the ride marquee but they aren’t always logical. I don’t gather our version has access to the same location as SDLs lockers but I haven’t been to SDL to really visualize.

I’d say I’m 60% sure these are lockers. Any close ups of entry? Bathrooms are rather distinctive.

Tron_Full_46814.jpg

Tron_Full_46820.jpg

Tron_Full_46377.jpg

lazyboy97o

It’s not such on odd spot when you consider that there are maximum travel distance requirements for restrooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom