News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Disone

It was only running Frontierland to Fantasyland our first visit in June 2017, fully closed next visit in 2019. Sorta a bad joke in the family: we'll go again when it reopens fully.
More likely a three train operation was reducing down to two trains as the WDW RR was running round trips every day in 2017.... BUT.... there are times when they are taking a train off line, they will tell you, at Frontierland Station that everyone will need get off at the Fantasyland Station. That specific train will then unload at Fantasyland station and then reverse out of the station and the park to close down. The other train or trains on the line will continue to run roundtrips.

Patcheslee

More likely a three train operation was reducing down to two trains as the WDW RR was running round trips every day in 2017.... BUT.... there are times when they are taking a train off line, they will tell you, at Frontierland Station that everyone will need get off at the Fantasyland Station. That specific train will then unload at Fantasyland station and then reverse out of the station and the park to close down. The other train or trains on the line will continue to run roundtrips.
Multiple days and rides in the same week were all like that. So guess we were just really unlucky.

yensidtlaw1969

I'll never forget riding the MK train for the first time, after having only ever ridden the Disneyland Railroad before that.

To say it was underwhelming is an... understatement.
I'll never forget riding the Disneyland Railroad for the first time, after having only ever ridden the WDW RR.

A much, much more pleasant surprise than the one you got!

Disone

Multiple days and rides in the same week were all like that. So guess we were just really unlucky.
There just isn't a way for the Walt Disney World railroad to continuously offer service only from frontierland to Fantasyland. It's just not an viable option.

The only time they've ever done anything remotely similar to this is during the construction of Splash Mountain they did run the train from Main Street to Fantasyland station, although back then it was called Mickey's Toontown station. And then that same train would go from Toontown station to Main Street Station and the cycle would then repeat. Running reverse from Fantasyland Station to frontierland Station with passengers on them is not done.

And it would be pointless to run the train empty from Fantasyland station through Main Street Station and finally to frontierland station.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

I actually think some sort of projected futuristic scenery (perhaps even Tron related) would be appropriate as the train passed through Tomorrowland.

Of course it would have been great if they were using this downtime to put in a Grand Canyon diorama in the Frontierland stretch of the ride. Not only would it thematically fit, but that's the most boring part of the RR at MK.
Projected Tron scenery? That’s the coaster’s only trick! How are you going to get guests to stand in a 170 minute line of the train offers a better experience???

And a 3-dimensional diorama? Do you WANT to make the coaster look really, really, really lackluster in comparison?

matt9112

Is there a thematic problem with a train going through a tunnel? 🤔

I dont think so but if its kind of long i would at least want some lighting. To be honest some art for the new ride and or tommorow land as a whole thats illuminated with lighting inside the tunnel would not only beat a plain tunnel but play right into Disney's desire to market....ANYTHING.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I dont think so but if its kind of long i would at least want some lighting. To be honest some art for the new ride and or tommorow land as a whole thats illuminated with lighting inside the tunnel would not only beat a plain tunnel but play right into Disney's desire to market....ANYTHING.

Projection inside tunnel coming soon - “Check out Disney+!!” 😉

TikibirdLand

Yay! Elasti-Girl is coming to a tunnel in Tomorrowland! I love it! Should make the train come ALIVE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom