News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

jt04

Would they just be better off creating a Pixar Park 5th gate and consolidating all the Pixar rides outside of TSL there?

If they were to dedicate a 5th gate to an ip it would be Star Wars or Marvel.

A 5th gate is at least 10 years away IMO. Besides, dhs has plenty of space for pixar if they remove more backstage infrastructure. 🏢

Bocabear

A 5th gate should not even be whispered about when they have 4 parks that still need attractions and updates. EPCOT was designed to handle masses of people. It was designed for expansion and crowds... They should start there, and have it make sense within the context of the park.
Leave Marvel and Star Wars in the Movie Park...

TikibirdLand

A 5th gate should not even be whispered about when they have 4 parks that still need attractions and updates. EPCOT was designed to handle masses of people. It was designed for expansion and crowds... They should start there, and have it make sense within the context of the park.
Leave Marvel and Star Wars in the Movie Park...
IMO, priorities are really messed up when they can only get two attractions in 15 acres worth of GE space. And, don't even get me started with what they did to TSL...

J4546

IMO, priorities are really messed up when they can only get two attractions in 15 acres worth of GE space. And, don't even get me started with what they did to TSL...
2 attractions in 14 acres sounds bad at face value, but its an entire immersive themed land with shops and more. Just like tokyo disneysea expansion is 30+ acres and its "only" adding 3 attractions

matt9112

A 5th gate is at least 10 years away IMO. Besides, dhs has plenty of space for pixar if they remove more backstage infrastructure. 🏢
I agree...a little...the raw layout of mgm is still awful and not conducive to good guest flow. This flaw cant simply be bandaided around without major improvements to the spine if you will. Yes your correct you can squeeze more in there but your still kicking yourself in the knees with the park layout.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

There’s been people thinking a 5th gate is 10 years away for 20 years, and it’s been debunked for the same amount of time. You can keep thinking one is 10 years away, but hopefully... eventually... you’ll get the message.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
2 attractions in 14 acres sounds bad at face value, but its an entire immersive themed land with shops and more. Just like tokyo disneysea expansion is 30+ acres and its "only" adding 3 attractions

Maybe it sounds bad because... it is? 1 “meh” ride, one ride that knocks it out of the park, and 14 shops and eateries. For $1 billion.

Bocabear

I would not compare anything TDO builds to what Tokyo is going to build...
Our immersive environment is an unknown bombed out dead planet... There is nothing joyful or fun about the look of the land...
It lacks color and kinetics and a sense of whimsy...
They should have set the entire thing in a different location/time in the story.
I enjoyed the Falcon ride...in three visits I have not been able to get on ROTR... going to try again soon.
While I do appreciate the craftmanship that went into creating that immersive environment, a large part of me feels it is joyless...A dark time in the storyline...
Star Tours managed to approach the source material and make a fun whimsical attraction... Year later and much more material to work with, I had hoped they would find some of the light and joy in the story...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It sounds bad because it is. And because for over a billion dollars you get an attraction ride count of around 3500 guests an hour. In total.

That’s less than just the Peoplemover.

lazyboy97o

No, it is bad design. Flat out. Huge chunks of the space are dead, attraction capacity is insufficient and there is little room for expansion in those massive footprints.

J4546

theres a lot of room for expansion in GE, Im hoping they announce phase 2 in the next couple years and add some kind of coaster attraction. Or maybe a space 220 type dinner but onboard the deathstar or something...we will see

UNCgolf

theres a lot of room for expansion in GE, Im hoping they announce phase 2 in the next couple years and add some kind of coaster attraction. Or maybe a space 220 type dinner but onboard the deathstar or something...we will see

There's really not. The way the land is designed and where it fits into DHS they'd almost have to tear something down to add anything new. There's a huge parking lot to the south/southeast, but there's not really any good way to get to that land from inside GE because the show buildings for Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance are in the way.

There's probably room to build one attraction to the west, but I'm not sure how that would affect the route to get people from the Starcruiser to Galaxy's Edge. I assume they could work around that, though.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they get rid of the backstage buildings to the west there may be room for one ride with the same footprint as Smuggler’s Run. That’s it.

No matter how hard you want to believe this was a well-planned, well-throughout land... it wasn’t.

JoeCamel

If they get rid of the backstage buildings to the west there may be room for one ride with the same footprint as Smuggler’s Run. That’s it.

No matter how hard you want to believe this was a well-planned, well-throughout land... it wasn’t.
But, but it is star bores a 4B ip we bought. It has to have a presence.

jt04

There’s been people thinking a 5th gate is 10 years away for 20 years, and it’s been debunked for the same amount of time. You can keep thinking one is 10 years away, but hopefully... eventually... you’ll get the message.

I'm not advocating for a 5th gate. I've been very consistent that they should fully develop the four parks they have now.

They have proven they will add new parks in response to competitive challenges though. Epic Universe could be just enough to trigger a new gate. The economy being the other big factor.

PS--Nothing says a 5th gate has to be the size of Epcot. It could also be a new concept. Time will tell.

I thought I read on here a while back that there is a restaurant blocked in behind Oga's and that Oga's was originally intended as the lounge for that restaurant. I may have that garbled, though.

jt04

There’s room, but not a lot.

Walkthrough tunnels through the berm in the manner of TSI and even a potential structure at the end of pixar place and there you go. Might require a small below grade access for backstage road but very much within the capabilities of disney. 🔀🔩📐📝

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom