News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SilentWindODoom

DHS could support two 3D shows in my opinion. Especially since they are relatively different presentations.

muppets need to be relocated imo. Use the area they occupy in dhs for more star wars, specificaly an endor themed mini land with a ride that flows into the star tours ride. full of trees and a couple more at-ats or whatever theyre called. Something to bridge the awkward gap from star wars-muppets-star wars and create a full star wars cohesive experience with a tunnel seperating the 2 "worlds" as it were. Or maybe just retheme it all to fit in to GE. Watevs. You could put a massive GotG style coaster behind GE as well, a story telling star wars launching coaster that takes you from a rebel base, blasts into space, flying around tie fighters and imerial destroyers, getting to the death star, flying in the canyon and "firing a missle" into the shaft and leaving while it blows up....you could recreate that whole thing with a massive coaster and that would be pretty coolio.

I'd be happy with this. The problem is that I'd be worried they'd just wind up cutting stuff if they feel it's advantageous to have Muppets leave its current home or feel that Philharmagic is in the same park and more relevant. A budget gets slashed here and there and they wind up evicted or just don't get installed in the new location like Skippy not making it to the second pod.

Once the Studios reaches full capacity, they will definitely need more attraction capacity and these shows are easy ways to add that. Not sure what the status of Indy is right now. But if it doesn't reopen the capacity issue gets more urgent.

I think Philharmagic could work well on Sunset Blvd where Beauty and the Beast Live is. Or in Animation Courtyard. Other side of the park, ya know.

Philharmagic in the Soundstage Restaurant (remember that ?)

I mean... they have the shorts theatre where Sounds Dangerous used to be. Couldn't they use that?

MMRR on the Animation plot.

Wow... I never even thought of that. They had the entire animation plot where Runaway Railway could have been without losing my favorite Studios attraction. That entire subland is just kinda laying fallow right now. I'm just... Wow.

DoleWhipDrea

I'd be happy with this. The problem is that I'd be worried they'd just wind up cutting stuff if they feel it's advantageous to have Muppets leave its current home or feel that Philharmagic is in the same park and more relevant. A budget gets slashed here and there and they wind up evicted or just don't get installed in the new location like Skippy not making it to the second pod.

I mean... they have the shorts theatre where Sounds Dangerous used to be. Couldn't they use that?

Wow... I never even thought of that. They had the entire animation plot where Runaway Railway could have been without losing my favorite Studios attraction. That entire subland is just kinda laying fallow right now. I'm just... Wow.

It's nice to dream, but the reality is that with the way Disney does things now, they would never spend the money to move an entire attraction into a more suitable location on-property unless it's a flat ride that's easy enough to physically move. I'm all for thematic integrity and cohesion, but not at the expense of losing an attraction and capacity. MMRR was the biggest missed opportunity they had. They didn't want to spend the money maintaining both...a truly foolish long-term decision. DHS still doesn't have enough to do and has an identity problem. The 20th anniversary of the park should have been a time where they seized the moment to fix it.

I'm personally very excited for TRON. I'm not much of a fan of the original film, but I love Legacy and the cool aesthetic. I would really like to see more of that look filter through the rest of the land. And I think most attractions built nowadays don't get enough time, but I'd still rather they get built than not at all. Out of all the things that were announced for the 50th, TRON is what I've been the most excited for.

The Aracuan Bird

muppets need to be relocated imo. Use the area they occupy in dhs for more star wars, specificaly an endor themed mini land with a ride that flows into the star tours ride. full of trees and a couple more at-ats or whatever theyre called. Something to bridge the awkward gap from star wars-muppets-star wars and create a full star wars cohesive experience with a tunnel seperating the 2 "worlds" as it were. Or maybe just retheme it all to fit in to GE. Watevs. You could put a massive GotG style coaster behind GE as well, a story telling star wars launching coaster that takes you from a rebel base, blasts into space, flying around tie fighters and imerial destroyers, getting to the death star, flying in the canyon and "firing a missle" into the shaft and leaving while it blows up....you could recreate that whole thing with a massive coaster and that would be pretty coolio.
See, for awhile I was considering that. Make an Endor area with a bike speeder coaster. You board the bikes in the woods, drive up to the Launch Base of a New Death Star (a full scale one), drive through the Death Star and confront Darth Vader. But then I realized, I don’t really want more Star Wars. There’s no reason they couldn’t have created more compelling attractions with the Classic content as opposed to what they created.

J4546

also im for a modified pixar pier being put in dhs as well, it would add a huge body of water (something the park and all parks need imo) A lot of great rides (modified from pixar pier, like a monsters inc coaster instead of inredicoaster, A sould darkride instead of TSMM etc) and would def help with the flow and crowd management at the park. Using the sunset ave farmers market as kind of a breeze through area to access the pier and also would be a cool thing to see from ToT.

Attachments

• dhspier.jpg
    dhspier.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 219

The Aracuan Bird

also im for a modified pixar pier being put in dhs as well, it would add a huge body of water (something the park and all parks need imo) A lot of great rides (modified from pixar pier, like a monsters inc coaster instead of inredicoaster, A sould darkride instead of TSMM etc) and would def help with the flow and crowd management at the park. Using the sunset ave farmers market as kind of a breeze through area to access the pier and also would be a cool thing to see from ToT.
That’s where you lose me. The pier is the biggest waste of space in any of the American parks. Before the Pixar overlay and after.

J4546

ALso, I year ya not wanting more star wars, but I want dhs to be THE star wars park. I want 1 disney park to go all out with star wars and then not so much at all in the other parks. Im not a fan of star wars being built in dhs paris, Id rather them go all out in florida and the go all out with frozen in paris. Make fla a destination for star wars fans. And since they building that crazy hotel, might as well be dhs imo

The Aracuan Bird

ALso, I year ya not wanting more star wars, but I want dhs to be THE star wars park. I want 1 disney park to go all out with star wars and then not so much at all in the other parks. Im not a fan of star wars being built in dhs paris, Id rather them go all out in florida and the go all out with frozen in paris. Make fla a destination for star wars fans. And since they building that crazy hotel, might as well be dhs imo
Theming a park to one franchise is risky. Many of the hardcore Star Wars fans I know have no interest in visiting the land because they’re just not theme park people. But I think they could get away with a coaster somehow.

Disney Analyst

That’s where you lose me. The pier is the biggest waste of space in any of the American parks. Before the Pixar overlay and after.

I know many people dislike the pier... and the wishy wash Pixar overlay.

But I think in general, I love the pier, and the atmosphere it brings to the park. Amusement piers, to me, are a magical place. And overall, the aesthetic has improved since DCA 1.0.

The only thing I really want them to add to that corner is some sort of boat ride/log flume.

Bocabear

Would they just be better off creating a Pixar Park 5th gate and consolidating all the Pixar rides outside of TSL there?
They are already a little short on attractions in the current 4 parks...they don't need to build out a 5th gate that would have fewer attractions than necessary... They just need more attractions in every park...
At this moment, EPCOT is the biggest of the parks and has the most room for more attractions. If they would just build out what has already been planned they would be in good shape...A ride in Germany, Japan and United Kingdom, Renew the Imagination pavilion and add a new country...
The LAST thing they need is another entire park....

J4546

I agree, put money into the parks they have before building a new one. and when they do.....I think it should be a 3rd gate in paris or a 2nd gate in one of the china parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom