News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Crazydisneyfanluke

I mean, if ALL they are looking for is record breaking big steel, then yeah, Cedar Fair is where they need to be (I would be hard pressed to recommend Six Flags to anyone for any reason). But most folks are more nuanced than that.

I love big steel. I also love highly themed environs. But for me, it is not about "immersion". It is about coherent eye candy. I actually LOVE seeing the steel tracks AND a plethora of eye candy. Coaster fans can appreciate sexy steel and theming. I love this drawing a fan did.

I thought the coaster was the ring from Harm. 🤣 🤣

doctornick

It’s be worth it for Bald Mountain...

But, it’s never happening, anyway. It was east or west project for the 50th. They picked the eastern project and we know how often they add E-tickets to MK...
What was the “west” project potentially? The rumored Woodys round up ride (I think a raft ride)?

still disappointed the theater got cut, it was what MK really needed

ToTBellHop

What was the “west” project potentially? The rumored Woodys round up ride (I think a raft ride)?

still disappointed the theater got cut, it was what MK really needed
There were several options; raft ride was one. I didn’t particularly like the placement of any of them. I would have voted for Fire Mountain on the west (it wasn’t being considered--just saying I think the concept seems awesome) but that ship sailed, sank, and the remains of the ship were destroyed by a typhoon many years back. Never gonna happen.

Marc Davis Fan

“Real“ set.

I mean the sets in Tron aren't 2-D flats meant to remind you of something else that looks different in the world (as with RnRC), but rather they are supposed to look how they look (thus being technically immersive, or in the language of Theme Park Design by David Younger, "new traditional" rather than "postmodern").

In this sense, I think it's a step up from RnRC in terms of immersion (except for the outside section, obviously).

But of course, this doesn't necessarily make it a good attraction. And indeed, even the immersion-level of RnRC is a low bar...

doctornick

Coaster on TSI. Shudder.
Well, Tron seems like a much better option that that....

I thin Frontierland could use an expansion, but it shouldn't be on TSI (they need to expand north from the train station over the canal to that unused space) and shouldn't be a thrill ride. Frontierland needs a more sedate, high capacity, family friendly ride (*cough* Western River Expedition) to balance BTMRR and Splash.

If they wanted to do a thrill ride on the west side of the park, there's a nice Adventureland pad just waiting for the likes of Indiana Jones or something similar.

EricsBiscuit

Something tells me if they are continuing work on MMRR at a closed park with no definite reopening that they are not going to stop work on an open park that also happens to be their flagship and makes a tidy profit.

lazyboy97o

Something tells me if they are continuing work on MMRR at a closed park with no definite reopening that they are not going to stop work on an open park that also happens to be their flagship and makes a tidy profit.
Then why build a wall in the middle of your coaster track and where your entrance is supposed to go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom