News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to the latest Disney Dish. Despite the building being walled off their is discussion of a late fall early winter of 2021 soft opening for TRON.

This is a rumor, so please treat it as such grain of salt and all that.
So... December?

That's just one month earlier than what our insiders are saying, i.e., 2022.

And soft openings in Dec? So really opening in January, which is in 2022.

There's a reason I don't log Jim Hill rumors in my rumor tracker any more.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
TRON photos from today

Tron_Full_40432.jpg

Surferboy567

Kinda of a weird question, but are they planning on putting up the roof of the canopy before the work halt. Reason I ask is because aren’t they supposed to halt soon?

EDIT: Doesn‘t not having a roof open up the attraction to the elements?

Last edited:

SpoiledBlueMilk

Trains shove through grade crossings all the time. Including at WDW, with guests.

(There is a grade crossing in between Toontown and the roundhouse).

Question... who at the WDW RR is qualified to make a shove move? Conductors? engine crew? Maintenance? A mix of the above?

I’m not sure if the wdw rr conductors are “real” conductors and can perform shove moves, brake tests, etc.
They're actual conductors. I was a bit surprised by the Behind the Trains Tour I did. The railroad is no joke.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Kinda of a weird question, but are they planning on putting up the roof of the canopy before the work halt. Reason I ask is because aren’t they supposed to halt soon?

Finish the canopy then go on hiatus. From what I have read, all the canopy is ready and can't just put half up and be done.

Surferboy567

Finish the canopy then go on hiatus. From what I have read, all the canopy is ready and can't just put half up and be done.
Thanks for the clarification reason I asked is because I’ve heard others say January for the work halt. That is not a lot of time (especially for Disney) to put an entire roof up given how slow their progress appears to be. Unless it’s not that hard to install and they pick up the pace?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Thanks for the clarification reason I asked is because I’ve heard others say January for the work halt. That is not a lot of time (especially for Disney) to put an entire roof up given how slow their progress appears to be. Unless it’s not that hard to install and they pick up the pace?
The canopy should be completed by the end of year (I have seen Oct-Dec) then halt for a unknown amount of time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The canopy should be completed by the end of year (I have seen Oct-Dec) then halt for a unknown amount of time.
10-12 months to finish the canopy?

(Not doubting the ride delayed to 2022, but, kinda thought if they continue to work on the canopy, it would be done in a few more months, not take most of the year.)

Surferboy567

10-12 months to finish the canopy?

(Not doubting the ride delayed to 2022, but, kinda thought if they continue to work on the canopy, it would be done in a few more months, not take most of the year.)
Yeah, that seems kinda long. Do we have any reference for how long these kinda things take? 2022 seems likely for the ride opening.

EDIT: Do we know how long Shanghai’s canopy took?

lazyboy97o

The canopy is completely open air and not over any portion of the attraction building. It does not form part of a building envelope. The reason the guest and coaster entries are being sealed up is to protect the building.

s2jrston

It’s pretty much as it used to be, albeit deviating if needed around canopy supports.
Thank You Marni. I'm really shocked that the Walt Disney Railroad would be out of commission as long as it already has. And if I'm understanding this thread it will be for another 2 years? How is that even acceptable? I'm so disappointed about this and feel like I won't return to WDW until this work is completed. By that time I won't be able to afford the tickets and my child will have outgrown the Magic Kingdom. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...ck-at-the-walt-disney-world-railway/37479.htm
324872_2916876434176_1522952603_o.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom