News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

10-12 months to finish the canopy?

(Not doubting the ride delayed to 2022, but, kinda thought if they continue to work on the canopy, it would be done in a few more months, not take most of the year.)
If that were true, as it stands, construction work would never stop...they would just pause the interior now, finish the exterior, then return to the interior and open the ride next spring.

I suspect, as long as this is our last Covid surge, that most guests won’t be aware they stopped construction if it takes that long to build the canopy. Only we will know that they took their sweet-Alien Swirling Saucers time finishing the project and push expensive set installation to the next FY.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm sorry but its hard to believe they're really just gonna let the building sit for 8 months when in that 8 months they could potentially finish the ride.
I would trust him; he's been pretty reliable thus far, especially considering if he really is someone who works on-site.

Sealing up the building allows the ride building to be protected from the Florida elements, like humidity, hurricane-season, etc. And they've done this for all entrances/exits from the ride building

_caleb

Question: does sealing the entrances mean that they’re going to need to start using the HVAC system to regulate temp/humidity? Is the HVAC even installed (other than what’s visible on the roof)? Seems like that would be expensive for such a huge box.

TrainsOfDisney

Thank You Marni. I'm really shocked that the Walt Disney Railroad would be out of commission as long as it already has. And if I'm understanding this thread it will be for another 2 years? How is that even acceptable? I'm so disappointed about this and feel like I won't return to WDW until this work is completed. By that time I won't be able to afford the tickets and my child will have outgrown the Magic Kingdom. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...ck-at-the-walt-disney-world-railway/37479.htm
324872_2916876434176_1522952603_o.jpg
I kept delaying a trip to Disneyland Paris until the railroad opened up again... big regret now.

I agree though, 2 years was already too long. How long was Disneyland’s closed and they built an entire mountain scene and rerouted a river!

raymusiccity

If that were true, as it stands, construction work would never stop...they would just pause the interior now, finish the exterior, then return to the interior and open the ride next spring.

I suspect, as long as this is our last Covid surge, that most guests won’t be aware they stopped construction if it takes that long to build the canopy. Only we will know that they took their sweet-Alien Swirling Saucers time finishing the project and push expensive set installation to the next FY.
I don't see any 'expensive set installation' for this indoor coaster. There are no animatronics, or moveable themes. Just a bunch of panels and lighting elements. This is a cloned attraction, so there should be duplicates already available. or currently fabricated. This should be ready in plenty if time for the 50th Celebration. Any delays are purposely being put in place to push this as a 'new attraction for 2022.

ToTBellHop

I don't see any 'expensive set installation' for this indoor coaster. There are no animatronics, or moveable themes. Just a bunch of panels and lighting elements. This is a cloned attraction, so there should be duplicates already available. or currently fabricated. This should be ready in plenty if time for the 50th Celebration. Any delays are purposely being put in place to push this as a 'new attraction for 2022.
All the pretty lights are very expensive set pieces.

doctornick

Question: does sealing the entrances mean that they’re going to need to start using the HVAC system to regulate temp/humidity? Is the HVAC even installed (other than what’s visible on the roof)? Seems like that would be expensive for such a huge box.
If it’s just basically the track at this point in the building, I’ve got to think there’s not much value in climate control. It would be the sets - even if they are mostly electronics - that would need a less harsh environment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom