News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

They literally are moving some of the plans (Nintendo/Mario) to the other parks in the interim which means at least part of Epic Universe would need to be completely redesigned. And, as mentioned, they’ve gutted their design staff much like Disney has. It doesn’t seem likely that EU will happen anytime soon.

(Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer to see it happen sooner rather than later)
I would wait to see what gets built. Lots of talk right now but no one knows where this will be in a year so plan on changes to anything you hear today.

gerarar

Premium Member
In case you haven't followed the thread, this was brought up early yesterday morning:
Oh I’m following it for sure. I just wanted to forward the additional info and potentially give another timeline of when we might see work stop. That source you quoted said December we should see construction stop but the source in MickeyViews video gave a figure of about a month left of construction.

Regardless, this is all very sad to see it come to a stop.

lazyboy97o

How come progress on this is halted yet Velocicoaster is progressing so fast? They need competition. Their priority is their hotels and not attractions.
Being largely outside is probably a big factor. The cheapest way to protect a lot of the work is going to be to just finish it. Stuff intended to sit in a building for years will generally be okay sitting in said building.

Giss Neric

Different motivations and different masters.
This is basically my frustration. Both are in different directions and seems like they are not even in competition. I'm kinda wanting a competition in a level like Magic Mountain and Cedar Point competing with the most number of coasters.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20201021-065236_Facebook.jpg
Can anyone confirm or deny

_caleb

Whenever I see the opening where the track goes back into the gravity building I think of @Bocabear's point that the hole in the wall could have been handled in a MUCH better way (the trim brakes hit hard at the top of the hill just inside the building).

I was hopeful they might do SOMETHING to address this with the MK version, but it doesn't look like they are.

TrainsOfDisney

Whenever I see the opening where the track goes back into the gravity building I think of @Bocabear's point that the hole in the wall could have been handled in a MUCH better way (the trim brakes hit hard at the top of the hill just inside the building).

I was hopeful they might do SOMETHING to address this with the MK version, but it doesn't look like they are.
Why fix what’s already broken?

Bocabear

If you follow the logic of the storyline you are sort of being injected into the game grid, so to even have an explosion of lights just before you enter the Gravity building would make better sense than you are inside, then outside, then on a game grid... The Outdoor portion is great eye candy, but takes you back outside of the story...Same reason the originally planned outdoor sections of Space Mountain were changed...
Perhaps during the year the construction sits dormant, they can think of a better transition... It's a short ride, a better transition would greatly help the overall experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom