News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jones14

A question: could the tunnel being built for the train do anything to obscure the show building from any part of the park? I’m having a real hard time visualizing where the train fits into all this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A question: could the tunnel being built for the train do anything to obscure the show building from any part of the park? I’m having a real hard time visualizing where the train fits into all this.

You can see the train in the concept art. I will roughly follow the yellow line.

1584313749819-png.456464

Attachments

• 1584313749819.png
    1584313749819.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 469

_caleb

As we watch TRON being built, these are the things that interest me.

I know several of us have asked how they might be modifying/customizing TRON for WDW. (And @lazyboy97o has responded to every one of these posts with something along the lines of “No changes. This is an identical/exact copy of TRON in Shanghai.”)

But we know that the orientation of the ride is actually different than the one in Shanghai. The entire thing (box and canopy) has been rotated compared to Shanghai so that the view on approach to the queue will be different. I’m not sure we’ve seen details about the elevation of the surrounding area.

For example, if the attraction has been built on a slight hill (compared to Shanghai), the canopy would obscure more of the box from the perspective of approach from TL. This might make the canopy seem larger than it is when viewed from Tomorrowland, but might make the box more visible from, say outside the park or from the Barnstormer side. If the attraction has been built a bit lower (slightly sunk into the ground as compared to Shanghai), it could make the box more visible from within Tomorrowland but seem less prominent on the skyline when viewed from a distance.

Or maybe they don’t care about this stuff at all and just stuck the thing where they did for no reason at all.

Josh Hendy

Q
Or maybe they don’t care about this stuff at all and just stuck the thing where they did for no reason at all.
I believe that once the 2 major decisions were made: to add Tron to Tomorrowland and to modify the Shanghai blueprints as little as possible (to lower costs) then everything else must be taken as unalterable.

There was only one place it could fit. Meaning the show building is going to loom over Space Mountain and spoil the SM sightlines from many angles both inside and outside the park. And there was no choice in how the approach to Tron can work given the need to circumvent Space Mtn, WEDway, Speedway and WDWRR. Therefore the long walkway, stairs and approach sightlines were determined by decisions (1) and (2), not by imagineering.

If it makes you feel any better, they will probably shoehorn Space Mountain or GotG into Shanghai someday and spoil the sightlines there 🤣

rle4lunch

Q

I believe that once the 2 major decisions were made: to add Tron to Tomorrowland and to modify the Shanghai blueprints as little as possible (to lower costs) then everything else must be taken as unalterable.

There was only one place it could fit. Meaning the show building is going to loom over Space Mountain and spoil the SM sightlines from many angles both inside and outside the park. And there was no choice in how the approach to Tron can work given the need to circumvent Space Mtn, WEDway, Speedway and WDWRR. Therefore the long walkway, stairs and approach sightlines were determined by decisions (1) and (2), not by imagineering.

If it makes you feel any better, they will probably shoehorn Space Mountain or GotG into Shanghai someday and spoil the sightlines there 🤣

Lol, I give two poops about Shanghai TBH. China can pretty much stick it where the sun don't shine for me ever being a tourist there again.

I agree that there's always the cheap factor with WDO, but I'm not gonna sit here and opine about what something 'MIGHT' end up looking at. Once the project is finished and I visit the park with mine own eyes, I'll make my judgement.

rle4lunch

In fairness, no one suggests you personally should do anything different.

Understood, just sayin' though. Maybe they'll surprise us??? I just sick of poo-pooing something before we see the finished product. I dunno, call me nuts, but not everything that Disney is/has/was done in the last decade has been bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom