News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

Shame they cannot run the people mover through the attraction. Would be a nice extension.
It really would, but actually adding some show scenes and elements to the Space Mountain section would be better and cost less... There are many things they could do with that huge length of inky blackness to make if fun, not just dark. The original show sets for the Home Of Future Living were 2 stories to allow elements to be viewed from the people mover without having to hang out of the car to see them. The People Mover is a real gem and could really use a complete show scene makeover and new soundtrack.

celluloid

It really would, but actually adding some show scenes and elements to the Space Mountain section would be better and cost less... There are many things they could do with that huge length of inky blackness to make if fun, not just dark. The original show sets for the Home Of Future Living were 2 stories to allow elements to be viewed from the people mover without having to hang out of the car to see them. The People Mover is a real gem and could really use a complete show scene makeover and new soundtrack.

Even bringing old projections back and the glow stripes to the vehicles would be a huge improvement. Not sure why they completely disregarded the people mover during the last bug space refurb.

Bocabear

It was a paticularly b
Even bringing old projections back and the glow stripes to the vehicles would be a huge improvement. Not sure why they completely disregarded the people mover during the last bug space refurb.
It was a particularly bad idea... 3 minutes of darkness with absolutely nothing to see makes no sense... And this would not cost millions to add some show scenes... They should up their gamer on all the show scenes throughout the ride. I wish they would call me...I would be happy to give them a full breakdown of ideas...lol

celluloid

It was a paticularly b

It was a particularly bad idea... 3 minutes of darkness with absolutely nothing to see makes no sense... And this would not cost millions to add some show scenes... They should up their gamer on all the show scenes throughout the ride. I wish they would call me...I would be happy to give them a full breakdown of ideas...lol

It would be fun to hear them
I am sure there are a lot of pitches made, but the company just does not care at the moment.

trainplane3

I never got why those were removed. They didn't add any kind of negative impact to the darkness of the ride. It was neat to see them race by from the TTA and from being on SM itself.

ToTBellHop

I never got why those were removed. They didn't add any kind of negative impact to the darkness of the ride. It was neat to see them race by from the TTA and from being on SM itself.
Anything that glows actually DOES impact darkness. Phosphorescence gives off light. Did they have to use black lights to make the cars glow? I imagine so. Those also give off light.

trainplane3

Anything that glows actually DOES impact darkness. Phosphorescence gives off light. Did they have to use black lights to make the cars glow? I imagine so. Those also give off light.
Right but the glow strips were "charged" in the station with black lights and weren't actively illuminated out in the dome (no lights placed along the track). Sure they did glow but it wasn't anything massive enough to light the dome up and ruin the projections or the ride experience. The open top station did way more damage to the ride lighting.

ToTBellHop

Right but the glow strips were "charged" in the station with black lights and weren't actively illuminated out in the dome (no lights placed along the track). Sure they did glow but it wasn't anything massive enough to light the dome up and ruin the projections or the ride experience. The open top station did way more damage to the ride lighting.
They seem to think it and TTA caused too much light to enter the dome. Not entirely sure why they couldn't then box out TTA and make some worthwhile show scenes for them, however. Having ridden the MNSSHP version of Space Mountain, I do see the impact of the totality of their work. It was pitch black after sunset.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The lions share of the show budget went to Imagineeers kicking up a fuss to be heard. So it went to the queue games that got removed and an unnecessary ceiling that doesn’t work.

trainplane3

The lions share of the show budget went to Imagineeers kicking up a fuss to be heard. So it went to the queue games that got removed and an unnecessary ceiling that doesn’t work.
Excuse the dumb question, but why doesn't the "unnecessary ceiling" work? I did enjoy the open station and miss watching the rockets zoom around but I can get why they'd want to cover it. Did it no cast as much light as thought?

trainplane3

Doesn’t work as in a lot of the effects are broken.

and of course IMHO was unwarranted.
Oh. Seems about right for SM. At least with the current party overlays you're either blinded by lights or in pitch black to notice anything is busted.

I'd rather have the open top. It was fun watching the rockets. I flat out miss the old queue arrangement. That dumb hallway behind the main queues is never fun to be stuck in. And the constant spiel playing when entering queue. And the windows before the games took over.

My friend stopped in line, staring at a window near load and said "whoa, those are like little models that move right? When were those added?"...1975. He was so entertained by those and was shocked there used to be more of them.

Bocabear

Oh. Seems about right for SM. At least with the current party overlays you're either blinded by lights or in pitch black to notice anything is busted.

I'd rather have the open top. It was fun watching the rockets. I flat out miss the old queue arrangement. That dumb hallway behind the main queues is never fun to be stuck in. And the constant spiel playing when entering queue. And the windows before the games took over.

My friend stopped in line, staring at a window near load and said "whoa, those are like little models that move right? When were those added?"...1975. He was so entertained by those and was shocked there used to be more of them.
The storyline was you were aboard a satellite getting ready to take your shuttle back to earth...the windows in that section each had educational narrations about what you were looking at... and the future of space exploration... It felt like even the queue was a journey...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom