News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Skibum1970

Meg and Phil killed the project to do exactly that. Heck with the lights on you can still see the demo markups on the steel.

The cursed legacy of Meg and Phil lives on. I hope that TRON holds up. It looks fun on the videos. I noticed that they have several brake runs and so it shouldn't be too rough. I would hope that they don't cut anything due to budgets. It should be straight-forward since they built this in Shanghai. I'd hate to see it get chopped like SDMT had happen. SDMT should be on an episode of "Botched".

phillip9698

Yes they are because senior leadership feels theme parks are 'Stupid Entertainment for Stupid people'

Seems more of a symptom of everything being about driving quarterly profits. Looks better to current investors if profits are increasing NOW rather than later so that means if you are in charge it doesn't benefit you to have a bunch of profit killing costs during your tenure, look as though you are performing poorly and get canned, then the next guy comes in and he benefits from the rides you paid for with all the profits being attributed to him with none of the costs.

Last edited:

azox

Maybe give those dummies in the control booth some automation at the top of the lift hill, that’d be pretty cool

Put two helmets on the guys in the control booth and make them Daft Punk from Tron.

Attachments

• Daft-punk-in-tron-legacy.jpg
    Daft-punk-in-tron-legacy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140

crxbrett

The cursed legacy of Meg and Phil lives on. I hope that TRON holds up. It looks fun on the videos. I noticed that they have several brake runs and so it shouldn't be too rough. I would hope that they don't cut anything due to budgets. It should be straight-forward since they built this in Shanghai. I'd hate to see it get chopped like SDMT had happen. SDMT should be on an episode of "Botched".

What happened with the Mine Train?

crxbrett

Not me. They need to rip the coaster out and put in a new one with banked turns. I would eliminate the dual track configuration to utilize the building for one coaster. More drops, curves, and an overall smooth ride. Last time I rode SM in WDW, I thought that my knees or back would give out. The SM in Disneyland is so much more enjoyable. I can ride it without having to brace myself. It also feels like a complete ride whereas WDW's feels too herky-jerky and incomplete.

Tear this coaster out, Mr. Iger.

One thing I do like waaaay more about WDW's Space is the drops. Disneyland's Space really only has 1 single drop and that's it. WDW's has 3 I believe? I am in the minority, but I prefer DW's over DL's Space Mtn. DL's just goes in circles where as DW's kind of goes out and back.

BTW, you must love the Matterhorn lol It has DW's Space Mountain's turbulence, but x1000.

tirian

Yes they are because senior leadership feels theme parks are 'Stupid Entertainment for Stupid people'
Nope, and it’s not a quote from anyone at Disney. They are my words.
Who do you think you’re quoting?
You mean your leader who has moved on from this forum?

<hint, hint>

Are y’all confusing this with the infamous, TRUE presentation from the early 2000s in which P&R execs derided Disney park guests as yokels who “shopped at Wal-Mart,” and if something were “good enough for Six Flags, it’s good enough for California Adventure”?

Those quotes helped fuel the Save Disney campaign. The people who made the comments no longer work for the company.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut

tron is super smooth, maybe as smooth as 7 dwarfs? just faster. went to shanghai disney last year and it was awesome. This coaster is gonna be great as long as the track is the same as the one in shanghai.

Skibum1970

One thing I do like waaaay more about WDW's Space is the drops. Disneyland's Space really only has 1 single drop and that's it. WDW's has 3 I believe? I am in the minority, but I prefer DW's over DL's Space Mtn. DL's just goes in circles where as DW's kind of goes out and back.

BTW, you must love the Matterhorn lol It has DW's Space Mountain's turbulence, but x1000.

My buddy and I rode the Matterhorn twice. After the first time, we thought that it couldn't possible be as bad as all that. After the second time, I felt like I needed massage therapy. Wow, those trains are terrible. I have made the same mistake with Cedar Point's Mean Streak and Kings Island's Son of Beast.

Skibum1970

tron is super smooth, maybe as smooth as 7 dwarfs? just faster. went to shanghai disney last year and it was awesome. This coaster is gonna be great as long as the track is the same as the one in shanghai.

This is good news. I can handle some roughness but I do prefer smooth roller coasters. BTMRR is well within my limits as well as Incredible Hulk. My favorites are more Millennium Force and also B&M coasters such as Diamondback.

Can anyone guess my general geographic location?

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
This is good news. I can handle some roughness but I do prefer smooth roller coasters. BTMRR is well within my limits as well as Incredible Hulk. My favorites are more Millennium Force and also B&M coasters such as Diamondback.

Can anyone guess my general geographic location?
if you can handle the hulk you'll be fine on tron, imagine cheetah hunt at bush gardens, since it uses the same launch sequence, they do a countdown also all in the tron theming, its really cool and super immersive. there is also a countdown during the ride which adds to the experience.

luckily since i speak mandarin i understood it.

djkidkaz

THose people in charge think they're so smart!

There is a saying that “everyone thinks that their job is the most important”. When in actuality it requires everyone from top to bottom to make something successful. Walt Disney himself wasn’t the most important job at the company because he can sit and dream up ideas all day long but without the right people to create those things, none of it comes to fruition. And the people who create those ideas into reality aren’t any more important than the person that needs to stand there and operate it. Take away the operator and the ride is useless which negates the original idea.

The Empress Lilly

WDW Space is miles better than DL's. DL SM is a standard coaster like a thousand others, just more constrained so without drops and with all the curves in the same direction.

The Empress Lilly

Are y’all confusing this with the infamous, TRUE presentation from the early 2000s in which P&R execs derided Disney park guests as yokels who “shopped at Wal-Mart,” and if something were “good enough for Six Flags, it’s good enough for California Adventure”?

Those quotes helped fuel the Save Disney campaign. The people who made the comments no longer work for the company.
...but their ideas live on, as does the effect of their words and actions. Disney really did aim for the Walmart audience, until that was who they attracted and that was what people came to expect.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

The actual mouthpieces no longer work for the company, yet their bosses STILL DO! You dont think that they said those things without C suite approval do you???

Iger was Eisner's deputy at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom