Trip Report :)

2much2do

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Problem is, they (disney) really make you feel like a second class citizen when you stay in the moderate resorts...and it's even worse at the All-Stars!

No they don't! I have stayed at the All Stars and I love 'em too!!!!
I never feel like a second or third class citizen because I am staying there?? No cast member has ever been anything but wonderful to me at the All Stars, and whenever I need to mention to other cast members where I am staying (like to make priority seatings before we go) never, ever have they been rude or anything because I wasn't staying at a deluxe resort. They only thing that may be construed as "second class" treatment is the fact that our bus stop is the last one. However, it really isn't that big a walk, the moderate resorts stop is just next to ours (so their walk isn't that much shorter, and they have to pay more to stay at their resort). Someone has to be last, and even though ours is at the end, our buses come a lot more frequently than the others in my experience!!!

Originally posted by CoronadoI think that the All Star Resorts are just fine.... REAL people stay there....they pay with their own credit cards (not "the companies")People are nicer and as I recall all the rooms in the park .... expensive or "value".... all look the same when you are sleeping

I agree 100%!!! You hit the nail on the head! Feivel, I agree with you too!!!!! I'd rather stay 14 days at All-Star, once a year, then 6 days every other year at another resort, or (God FORBID!!!!) stay off site!!! Not everyone has it like the Deluxe resort people have it :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
When I'm at disney, i'm usually just happy to be there. I feel like anything BUT a second class citizen.

And if you want a good walk, after a night at PI, my finacee and I took the bus to All Star Sports....but we were staying at movies.....it was about 2 am, and the walk back was so peaceful....all the giant scenery made the moment a bit more magical.....

Javier&Christie

Original Poster
Problem is, they (disney) really make you feel like a second class citizen when you stay in the moderate resorts...and it's even worse at the All-Stars!

I really don't have that feeling at all...

Although I do look forward to our next stay at a Deluxe resort.. we'll probably have a nice long Deluxe resort stay for our honeymoon next year :sohappy: along with whatever our "exotic" honeymoon location is gonna be :)

Invero

Re: Re: Re: Trip Report :)

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

It's going to be interesting to see how Pop Century gets put into the bus stops. There will have to be a combination of some previous resorts or the addition of a new stop with it or the all-stars being last.

There's a lot of discussion going around Disney Transport about the whole Pop Century bus stop issue... At the resort itself, they were originally only going to have one bus stop, but I believe that has been changed to two bus stops, one for each section.

Currently, as it stands, we're constructing extra bus stops at MK... the Studios received thier extra stops about a month ago. Epcot and DAK already had enough empty load zones to accomodate.

Main Street USA

I'm going to agree with all of the positive comments about the All-Stars. Actually, my stay at Music was probably my best "hotel" stay ever. We were treated first class all the way. All of the little touches that make Disney magical were present there just as they are in the more expensive resorts. I don't mean monorails and such. I mean tiny thigs like "mousekeeping" taking my souvenirs and arranging them nicely in the window. Things like that put a smile on my face and make it great!

jcmayid

Hey guys, wasn't trying to be negative about the All-Stars, had to stay there this time so we could afford the actual trip. Had it not been as cheap we wouldn't have gone, so YIPEE to ALL-STARS. It was great to be able to have the transportation and all, it's just I have been spoiled already in the past. Here's why, last resort we stayed at before this one was Ft Wilderness Resort, in one of those 6 person cabins, home-away-from-home kinda deal, then before that we got an incredible rate at Animal Kingdom Lodge, actually paid $90 per night for a Savanah view. Before that at the Polynesian. So sorry about the negativity, I guess I've been spoiled by Disney in a sense. Needless to say, next time we go, which will probably be next year, if we can't afford much, definitely at the All-Stars. BUT personally I'd rather stay in Ft Wilderness, that was truly te best Disney experience for me.:p

jcmayid

Originally posted by Javier&Christie
wow we were neighbors! stayed right in the same building, room 7238... too bad we didn't catch each others posts before we left could have said hello! hehe..

GUYS we were really neighbors, we stayed in 7341!!!:animwink:

wannabeBelle

Hey there I tend to agree with the positive posts on the All Stars. I kinda dig the Moderates more as I prefer a little less hustle and bustle. The treatent I got at both the All Star Movies and Music was wonderful, the food courts were great(if a bit crowded) and I had no complaints about the resort. Oh and I do pay for my Moderates with my own credit card also. Havent got a company card!!! :lol:

jcmayid

Originally posted by Javier&Christie

seriously right above us.. it's a SMALL world after all :lol:

maybe next time we can say hello? :)

It sure is a small world

We wont be going till next Jan, our passes expire on 4-20 and we can't get new ones till next year, hate it but priorities are prioritized. We will be going to Busch Gardens in 2 weeks though, those passes cannot be passed up. Only $49 for the rest of the year. Now that's in my budget!!!:sohappy:

jcmayid

I wish I had a company card to pay my moderate and deluxe resorts too. Everytime I've paid form my pocket cause it is the only way. The all-stars were alright and definitely what you paid for. It is a little regular cheapo inn, but does have it's upsides. My point is you can definitely tell this is the cheapest way to stay on grounds.

cymbaldiva

Wow! Never meant to stir things up so! First of all, I do of course save up to pay for all of my own trips (which would account for the fact that I haven't been there since 12/00) and secondly, when I visited the All-Stars the CM's were all trainees and they didn't even provide straws for the drinks in the food court ... something about the enviroment, but we noted when visiting the deluxe food courts, everything one could possibly want (including straws) was provided. I'm not saying that I'd never stay in them again - if the rate is right, I'm there :D - but otherwise, I'm saving for at least a moderate!

ToTBellHop

you are supposed to like the deluxe resorts more than the moderates and the moderates more than the All-Stars...that said, I enjoy the All-Stars immensely. For what you pay, you get palm trees, bright colors, and probably the best food courts of the hotels (food courts...not restaurants). Regardless, my question is: why are they building more stops at Magic Kingdom. I remember seeing them being built, but there are TONS of empty stops under the structure to the left as you exit the park. Also, It seems Pop Century will be in the very back--certainly at Magic Kingdom and they have already labeled the stop at Animal Kingdom...way in the back of course. But...don't complain...just disney helping you work off the 15000 calories in everything they make:)

Invero

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Regardless, my question is: why are they building more stops at Magic Kingdom. I remember seeing them being built, but there are TONS of empty stops under the structure to the left as you exit the park. Also, It seems Pop Century will be in the very back--certainly at Magic Kingdom and they have already labeled the stop at Animal Kingdom...

Well... yeah... we have the stops, but not the room. If you notice the queue lines at the All Stars are larger, to accommodate the larger amount of guests staying at those resorts, versus a smaller resort such as AK Lodge, for example. Also, some of the blank stops actually do get used during certain times of the year. During slower months, we'll combine the Epcot resorts... Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk will all be one bus, and one stop. During busier times, they'll split that into two or three different routes and stops. Same with Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter.

cymbaldiva

I was speaking of the fast food outlets at the Deluxe resorts - not the resturants - it is a sad state of affairs when one can't find a straw in a fast food outlet - and even worse when at the lower priced resorts it is to "help the enviroment" when in the deluxes apparently the enviroment is not an issue.

Just something to think about...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fievel
[B

Seems like some people expect to be babied and pampered while on vacation to a theme park. [/B]

Like me! I take care of everyone around here all year long. When I go on vacation, I want someone to wait on ME! Now, peel me a grape. ;)

Seriously, I'm happy that WDW finally has something for everyone. The first few times I went, I had to stay off site. Then I was able to stay at moderates (only CBR for a while), then was able to afford deluxes every trip (paying with my OWN money, BTW) Now that my daughter is starting college, it's going to POp Century and All Stars! ;)

Ursula

I was speaking of the fast food outlets at the Deluxe resorts - not the resturants - it is a sad state of affairs when one can't find a straw in a fast food outlet - and even worse when at the lower priced resorts it is to "help the enviroment" when in the deluxes apparently the enviroment is not an issue.

Just something to think about...

I don't know what you are talking about. I have always had straws at the All-Stars, and everywhere at WDW for that matter! Sounds like you had a rare experience, IMO!!!

cymbaldiva

I swear - it happened! There were no straws (except the mickey ones you buy)! They had up these signs about to help protect the enviroment, which I was cool with until we ended up at GF's fast food outlet and they did have straws. BTW, this happened 12/00, my last visit...:( I really need to go back - SOON! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom