Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Loco_driver

A little mini TR from our Royal Caribbean cruise last week for @Bullseye1967 and @Tuvalu

We were on board Harmony of the seas. It’s an oasis class ship, which was their largest class until icon of the seas debuted earlier this year. Here she is towering over the port of Galveston.
IMG_0248.jpeg

Enjoying the first of many cocktails.
IMG_0252.jpeg

We had a great ocean view balcony!
IMG_0255.jpeg

We enjoyed the Central Park area of the shIp. It was a great quiet spot.
IMG_0550.jpeg

Anyone who’s played golf with me can tell you that I am terrible at putting!
IMG_0551.jpeg

Occasionally we will dress in decent clothing, instead of what A calls “hobo clothes”.
IMG_0552.jpeg

Lunch at the steakhouse.
IMG_0548.jpeg

This pie was outrageous.
IMG_0549.jpeg

I opted for chocolate cake.
IMG_0261.jpeg

Gotta love those wake views!
IMG_0547.jpeg

Loco_driver

Grease is the featured musical onboard. Fun fact - my parents went to see Grease in the movie theater on their first date! The show onboard was outstanding.
IMG_0553.jpeg

Our first stop was Roatán, Honduras.
IMG_1118.jpeg

It was HOT down there.
347323A5-78CD-4F61-894A-76B5D25CA91A.jpeg

The island is home to thousands of native iguanas. We made a quick stop at a local sanctuary to feed and say hi to a few.
IMG_1147.jpeg

This bird only spoke Spanish, so we didn’t have much of a conversation.
F0DA4B5D-1B67-4A37-BE24-9E90572FC5C0.jpeg

Brenda the sloth was a highlight for us!
IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0314.jpeg

The monkeys were pure chaos, in a fun way!
IMG_1222.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

Loco_driver

Grabbing drinks at bionic bar before lunch. It’s a neat concept, but the drinks were just ok.
IMG_0317.jpeg

One of my favorite dishes on the cruise. Jerk seasoned pork chop.
IMG_0440.jpeg

My beautiful bride during a beautiful sunset.
IMG_0443.jpeg

There were 4 ships in port at Costa Maya. We wisely stayed on the ship and had a pool day(it’s not our favorite port). The view was just fine from the pool deck!
IMG_0452.jpeg

The ship has an aqua show featuring high divers, acrobats, and tight rope walkers. I am always in awe of people who can achieve these physical feats.
IMG_0458.jpeg
You never know what you’ll find in the elevator.
IMG_0554.jpeg

We spent our last port day relaxing on the beach in Cozumel.
IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

We may have had a few margaritas!
IMG_0488.jpeg

The last night of the cruise featured Disney trivia. Do you think we won?
IMG_0534.jpeg

That’s pretty much all the pics I have. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next cruise, which will be the southern Caribbean in 2025! On to California this summer!
earth reasons GIF

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Hi everyone, we are so excited already as we have just booked our next holiday to WDW for 2025. Virgin Atlantic had their Free Dining etc deal come out today so we didn’t wait. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for two weeks in September 2025 and Endless Summer Universal for 5 days before. I know it’s a long time yet but we are excited to be going back again. 😊

Tiki Traveler

Hi everyone, we are so excited already as we have just booked our next holiday to WDW for 2025. Virgin Atlantic had their Free Dining etc deal come out today so we didn’t wait. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for two weeks in September 2025 and Endless Summer Universal for 5 days before. I know it’s a long time yet but we are excited to be going back again. 😊
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Always great to have a trip booked in the MDE app! I read there are free tours of WL too!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The WL tour is great! Definitely do it if you have the time. We have done it twice with two different guides and learned different things each time. If we ever stay there again we will do it again.
I also took the WL tour, although it was quite a few years ago. At the time, I recall I was surprised to learn about the extent of the behind-the-scenes information. The tour guide was pleasant, and I'd recommend the tour to others as well. (Plus, it was a nice little break from the parks, etc.)

Songbird76

I'm so jealous! That's so exciting. We don't have an opening date for epic universe beyond 2025, do we? Are you planning to go there too? I want to go, but I want it to have time for the hype to die down first, and I want to go in 2027 after my daughter turns 21. I want to go for my 50th birthday, but my daughter is 6 months shy of 21 then, so we'll have to wait. I wish we could go more often!

Songbird76

I also took the WL tour, although it was quite a few years ago. At the time, I recall I was surprised to learn about the extent of the behind-the-scenes information. The tour guide was pleasant, and I'd recommend the tour to others as well. (Plus, it was a nice little break from the parks, etc.)
Can you do the tour if you aren't staying there?

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
I'm so jealous! That's so exciting. We don't have an opening date for epic universe beyond 2025, do we? Are you planning to go there too? I want to go, but I want it to have time for the hype to die down first, and I want to go in 2027 after my daughter turns 21. I want to go for my 50th birthday, but my daughter is 6 months shy of 21 then, so we'll have to wait. I wish we could go more often!
We did Universal so many times last year we are not planning on going there this time, only City Walk for the restaurants and shops. We are hoping to go every two years while our health allows so we may be there in 2027 as well. We always go in September so if you go then as well that would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom