Trip Advisory: Best Tips Thread

NiarrNDisney

So I post this previously in another Forum and thought it was a great subject to discuss with my friends here at WDW Magic so please add your two cents! I want to hear your best tips and ideas for traveling!

Hey all :wave: So if you are anything like me and I think you are since you are on this wonderful forum, then I believe you are a avid Traveler

So I thought this would be a great thread to share our tips and other info that we do to help us and others on our vacations!

Here are a few I have come to live by:

#1. Pack a beach towel in your carry on - They are not just for drying off or laying on a lounge chair, they when rolled up make great pillows and blankets on the plane.

#2. Purchase one of those two pronged hooks that you slide on the top of the door - Toss it in your checked baggage they are great when more then two persons are shareing a shower in a hotel room considering usually only one rack and maybe a hook are provided. They are also great for when your girlfriend insists on packing that silk shirt that you told her no matter how she packs it will get wrinkled so she needs to steam it but there are no places to hang it left.

#3. Those muti colored hair ties your sister uses work great for wrapping wires (phone chargers and computer cords) but they are also great when wrapped around a used towel whilst hanging on a hook to decipher who is whose.

#4. Free shower caps - Work great as shoe covers that way what you have been walking on doesn't show up on your clothes.

Well that is a good start but there is more to come! I can't wait to hear your ideas, so please join in!

Hannah Montana

We're the dorks that hate getting wet on the water rides, so we always load up on the 88 cents emergency ponchos in the camping section at Wal-Mart. They're really small, easy to pack, and so cheap you don't feel bad about throwing away at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Buy the cheap glow necklace/bracelets from walmart or a dollar store so that while waiting for the parades and fireworks you can keep your own children from wanting the super expensive light up toys being sold, adn also, it is great to hand out a few to the children surrounding you! Me and DH do this every trip. You dont want to be stuck beside the family waiting who wont buy their own children an overly priced light up stick. You can avoid having to watch/hear a total melt down by just whipping out one of your cheapys! Works every time!

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

Even though I do always have a travel pack of Wet Ones with me, I also like to take a couple of brightly colored ( so as not to be confused with the ones in the hotel) washcloths and a few extra zip lock plastic bags with me. I always take a washcloth inside a zip lock bag into the parks with me for cooling down faces or cleaning up messes that the Wet Ones can't quite do as well. Nothing feels better than to place a cool washcloth on a face or back of the neck when it's really hot and humid.

Upvote 0

plaz10

Pack medicine of all kinds, shapes, colors, sizes! You never know what illness might strike at the World and you will pay 3 times the amount on Disney property. I carry dayquil, kleenex, band aids, tums, pepto and advil at all times. Im sure I bring more but thats all I can think of right now. I don't bring boxes and boxes but just a few sleeves of each.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Buy the cheap glow necklace/bracelets from walmart or a dollar store so that while waiting for the parades and fireworks you can keep your own children from wanting the super expensive light up toys being sold, adn also, it is great to hand out a few to the children surrounding you! Me and DH do this every trip. You dont want to be stuck beside the family waiting who wont buy their own children an overly priced light up stick. You can avoid having to watch/hear a total melt down by just whipping out one of your cheapys! Works every time!

#1. Great Idea! I once bought some light up dollar store toys for my sisters kids so they wouldn't ask.

#2. Sharing with the children surrounding you is very kosher what a sweet gesture.

We're the dorks that hate getting wet on the water rides, so we always load up on the 88 cents emergency ponchos in the camping section at Wal-Mart. They're really small, easy to pack, and so cheap you don't feel bad about throwing away at the end of the day.

I do this too :animwink:

Pack medicine of all kinds, shapes, colors, sizes! You never know what illness might strike at the World and you will pay 3 times the amount on Disney property. I carry dayquil, kleenex, band aids, tums, pepto and advil at all times. Im sure I bring more but thats all I can think of right now. I don't bring boxes and boxes but just a few sleeves of each.

I guess great minds do think alike that or we both have OCD's and or we were taught to always be prepared! (I was a boyscout) lol!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Hah I'm like this too and I've been looking for where to get something just like this!! Thanks for the post!

Upvote 0

plaz10

I guess great minds do think alike that or we both have OCD's and or we were taught to always be prepared! (I was a boyscout) lol!

I think it's a little bit of all 3! My boyfriend was an eagle scout so he has some influence on me as well. I'm a worrier too and always worry I will get a stomachache or cold while at the parks (both have happened) so I always bring extra medicine. I usually bring some sleeping pills to because I'm so wound up from being at the parks and excited to get up the next morning that I need something to put me down the first few nights...then those early mornings and late nights start to get to me to the point I'm sleeping on the bus! :lol:

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Yes I am bringing back my old thread so instead of giving me guff why not read it and get some great tips in the process!

Here are some new tips:

When looking for a new travel bag whether its for a carry on or in place of a backpack for theme park touring consider a diaper bag since they usually have a few different pockets for separating items and are sometimes waterproff so when you are on SPlash Mt. you can rest assured that your phone isnt soaked.

I found this one in Budget Travel and passed it along to my friends with little ones - Pack removable adhesive hooks and string up a sheet in a nook somewhere in your hotel room then place your childs crib or pack and play behind it so they will have a dark pplace to sleep while you are still up reading or watching tv.

More to come :D

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Carry a zip loc bag. Comes in handy on any water rides. I always bring a few clothes pins for keeping a bag of chips closed. I keep a small notepad in my bag for jotting down things we don't want to forget that we hear, see or do in the parks.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
-BUMP-

(Ducks for cover)

I just had to share this tip actually its a couple products and I swear by them especially in the ridiculous Florida heat!

They are called "Cooling Accessories" and apparently were created for construction workers who are out all day in the sun and high temperatures.

1) Chill-Its Cooling Towels

2) OccuNomix Mira Cool Cooling Bandanas

Basically you run these products through running water, wring out the excess and boom the product stays cool for up to (depending on the product) up to 6 hours, there are also other "Accessories" but these are the two I prefer. Trust me peeps you will be glad you bought them for yourself, family, and friends!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom