"Tren-D" Coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace

EpcotServo

Quote:
women's boutique with trendy apparel and novel accessories. TrenD blends vintage and hip designs with whimsical Disney characters in a unique setting befitting the trendiest fashion salons. This breakthrough shopping destination will showcase the artistry of favorite designers including Tarina Tarantino, Roxy and Kidada Jones.

Make that Quentin Tarantino, or I pass.

NMBC1993

I was at DTD yesterday and yes this is a Disney owned store. I was sad because I did love looking through Summer Sands.....why don't we just close everything in DTD because thats what it's getting to.

ttalovebug

My friend works at DTD and she said it will be a store along the lines of an Urban Outfitters.

If that's so... this store has incredible potential.

I hope so. My sister and I have actually wanted something like this. Being young women, and loving Disney, we've always wanted them to have clothes at WDW that were a little, um, more appropriate our age and style. If they did it right, it could be a huge moneymaker.

Cheesy name, though.

SoccerMickey

The term "trendy" scares me a little when it comes to Disney. The company obviously proved that they are trendy with the tween set but when it comes to the Urban Outfitters crowd, I'm not sure. For proof, check Sunset Couture at Disney's Hollywood Studios. They have a t-shirt there with a label from a company called Block 28 4 Disney. The t-shirt features a Mickey-like face, very stylized version of the mouse witht he bottom of the classic Mickey t-shirt with the red shorts. But his body is being pulled apart with what looks like squid tentacles and the helm of a ship with a stylized version of Pluto at the front.
To me, I find it a bit violent and a little too disrespectful to Mickey. I am all for Disney icons being looked at in an urban setting, for instance I enjoy the men's tees they sell now with the green army men, however I don't think they need five different styles of them. But I think the Block 28 4 Disney tees do not belong. Anyone else see them?

sweetpee_1993

Oh man. I loved Summer Sands. I hope Trend-E proves to be a store with more stylish Disney-inspired stuff but also has a good selection of non-Disney fashions. I love love love to shop but I don't want to buy everything Disney while I'm there. I like to pick up a few pieces that aren't of the mouse.

Now that I think about it, I noticed more than one shop where you could find merchandise similar to what Summer Sands had. The Bou-Tiki at the Polynesian has some Roxy stuff but they also carry a lot of Tommy Bahama as well as some other similar but not as expensive stuff. Also, when walking from the hub to PotC, I don't know the name of the shop but it's on the right just past the place where you get the Dole Whips and the restrooms. Aaand, at DTD there's Sammy Duval's Curl which is all surf/skate type brands. There was tons of the standard labels in there like Roxy, Kyra, Billabong, etc. They even carried Uggs (which were all on sale).

Oh man. I loved Summer Sands. I hope Trend-E proves to be a store with more stylish Disney-inspired stuff but also has a good selection of non-Disney fashions. I love love love to shop but I don't want to buy everything Disney while I'm there. I like to pick up a few pieces that aren't of the mouse.

Now that I think about it, I noticed more than one shop where you could find merchandise similar to what Summer Sands had. The Bou-Tiki at the Polynesian has some Roxy stuff but they also carry a lot of Tommy Bahama as well as some other similar but not as expensive stuff. Also, when walking from the hub to PotC, I don't know the name of the shop but it's on the right just past the place where you get the Dole Whips and the restrooms. Aaand, at DTD there's Sammy Duval's Curl which is all surf/skate type brands. There was tons of the standard labels in there like Roxy, Kyra, Billabong, etc. They even carried Uggs (which were all on sale).

I couldn't agree more!! I think this is a smart move for Disney, if it's anything like Vault 28 I'll be super excited! I love Bou-Tiki and Curl because you can get the standard brands and it not be 100% Disney related merch. Smart move Disney, very smart, you can bet I'll be buying stuff there :D

TP2000

It sounds like it might be an East Coast Vault 28. But why not just use the Vault 28 name and brand instead of creating something new?

If Tren-D really is a Disneyland Valut 28 type of concept, I wonder how the East Coast demographic will react to that sort of thing, and those high Vault 28 price points?

There's a big difference between Southern California and the Midwest.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It sounds like it might be an East Coast Vault 28. But why not just use the Vault 28 name and brand instead of creating something new?

If Tren-D really is a Disneyland Valut 28 type of concept, I wonder how the East Coast demographic will react to that sort of thing, and those high Vault 28 price points?

Perhaps you just answered your own question.

fascion216

OMG im going to LOVE tren-d i freakin' LOVE tarina tarantino!!! rokk on disney! at least if virgin closes ill still have some place sweet to blow my money!! ;)

WDWFigment

There might be a difference, but fashion is a niche market regardless. Even in the Midwest, stores like Saks and Nordstrom's do fine. Besides, there are plenty of non-Midwestern tourists visiting.

trr1

According to another site:

Tren-D is a

Quote:
women's boutique with trendy apparel and novel accessories. TrenD blends vintage and hip designs with whimsical Disney characters in a unique setting befitting the trendiest fashion salons. This breakthrough shopping destination will showcase the artistry of favorite designers including Tarina Tarantino, Roxy and Kidada Jones.

sillyspook13

"A breathtaking shopping experience." ?????? Breathtaking???! Really!! Such awe-inspiring words for a store. Better hope Disney installs some AEDs nearby.

Maybe it smells bad?

ewdefunk.jpg

Bug715

Hopefully March 2009 will mean before the 20th since thats the day my spring break trip ends and I'd love to check out the new store. It sounds really cool. I wasn't big on summer sands because it was too expensive for me to spend on something that wasn't disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom