Treehouse refurb?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OH, I am not sure, I just thought that I remembered something moving. Sorry for the confusion.:wave:
You were correct. There are moving structures, namely a series of water wheels and a lift system that carries water to the top level.

Clotho

You're all wrong. It will be rethemed to the newest film property, and will reopen as "Meet the Swiss Family Robinsons". *snort*

Interesting that both are closed? Is that what I am hearing? That the one in DLR closed, and now the SFTH in MK is closed, too?

ToTBellHop

There have been questions brought up regarding parentage of said ape man, Tarzan. Whilst blood-tests are conducted (pending court approval), both trees will remain closed due to crime scene status. Turns out Tarzan has rights to either both houses or neither houses, and that must now be determined.

mkepcotmgmak

Isn't there going to be a Swiss Family remake soon?

There is a large water-wheel that takes water to the top of the treehouse and then the water runs down carved bamboo all the way to the kitchen at the bottom, stopping at each room along the way... :)

64 steps up
66 steps down
Banyan Tree
250,000 - 300,000 Leaves
1,400+ branches
( i miss working there... haha)

Rob562

Nope - they add a new `rope` bridge which is found to be too heavy for the original structure, thus forcing a total closure whilst they figure out what to do next.

Though the structure causing the problem in Disneyland wasn't added to the MK version, perhaps the lawyers are demanding that the Florida version be inspected, too, just to be on the safe side?

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Though the structure causing the problem in Disneyland wasn't added to the MK version, perhaps the lawyers are demanding that the Florida version be inspected, too, just to be on the safe side?

-Rob
Sorry, Rob. Was reffering to the DLC version - it`s that one that is closed for structural reasons. WDWs looks like it`ll be a tidy-up before the masses hit it over summer I guess.

Bratstarman

You're all wrong. It will be rethemed to the newest film property, and will reopen as "Meet the Swiss Family Robinsons". *snort*

Interesting that both are closed? Is that what I am hearing? That the one in DLR closed, and now the SFTH in MK is closed, too?

I heard they are creating an overlay, where Donald Trump gets lost at the beginning and Tarzan and his friends run all around the treehouse looking for him. It will be called "Tarzan's Gran Combover Treehouse".

eroyee

I heard they are creating an overlay, where Donald Trump gets lost at the beginning and Tarzan and his friends run all around the treehouse looking for him. It will be called "Tarzan's Gran Combover Treehouse".
This one is soooo funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, Tigger slapped Tarzan in the treehouse and it is closed till the lawsuit is settled in court!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Shaman

Bulldoze it...build an eticket there instead. Anything else would be a waste of money (all these dumb rehabs, for what?). My opinion anyway. :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Bulldoze it...build an eticket there instead. Anything else would be a waste of money (all these dumb rehabs, for what?). My opinion anyway. :lookaroun

Although I can see your point but I really do like the treehouse. :wave:

It's relaxing and also is the realization of many a boys ultimate treehouse.

I agree.

As it stands it reminds me of a story about PT Barnum where he would advertise some miraculous discovery and then people would pay a nickle to see it walk through a maze of hallways then go through a door that let them back out to the street. Very much like the tree house... lots of climbing and twisting but never a payoff.

erasure fan1

Bulldoze it...build an eticket there instead. Anything else would be a waste of money :lookaroun

I would have to agree too. I think its been 20yrs since I went through the tree house. The space is kind of a waste in my eyes because of all the great movies that should have a ride.

KaliSplash

Come on guys, not everything has to be an e-ticket. It's a nice diversion with almost never a line. yes, it's just a walkthrough, but we need some minor attractions, as well. I went through two years ago for the first time in ages, and it was good to read all the signs and note all the details.

Besides, I'm not sure there's enough room there to put an e-ticket of anything.

erasure fan1

Come on guys, not everything has to be an e-ticket. It's a nice diversion with almost never a line. yes, it's just a walkthrough, but we need some minor attractions, as well. I went through two years ago for the first time in ages, and it was good to read all the signs and note all the details.

Besides, I'm not sure there's enough room there to put an e-ticket of anything.

I agree it doesnt have to be an e-ticket but a mid sized attraction would be good. Something on the scale of Peter pan or buzz would be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom