Treehouse refurb?

raven

As it stands it reminds me of a story about PT Barnum where he would advertise some miraculous discovery and then people would pay a nickle to see it walk through a maze of hallways then go through a door that let them back out to the street...never a payoff.

Sounds like Universal to me. :p

Tenajberry

Nice Diversion

I'd love it if they could add more to it! It always felt a little lacking to me. Regardless, it is nice to walk through once in a while. :shrug:

redfarmer06

I think that the treehouse is a nice relaxing thing to walk through. There is hardly ever a line, you can see much of the park from the top, and it's just fun looking at and mocking the various rooms in the treehouse.

Regarding the refurb...i really hope they get the water system fixed... I was at MK in January and when I saw that it wasn't running, it kinda made me sad. The water system is probably one of my favorite things of the attraction, because I think it's so cool :)

BiggerTigger

The SFTH is one of those piece of magic and special places that people complain about. People here are yelling tear it down and if Disney did, you would have the same people (and tree huggers :lol:) saying Disney is loosing it's magic. How dare they tear down, revamp, or update a classic.

Leave it be. SFTH is one of those low tech, high magical place. Disney needs to keep these as much as they need to create E-ticket rides.

Champion

The SFTH is one of those piece of magic and special places that people complain about. People here are yelling tear it down and if Disney did, you would have the same people (and tree huggers :lol:) saying Disney is loosing it's magic. How dare they tear down, revamp, or update a classic.

Leave it be. SFTH is one of those low tech, high magical place. Disney needs to keep these as much as they need to create E-ticket rides.

What magic does the treehouse have? Really?

I agree with those that are saying its a nice walkthrough attraction away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of MK, but magic? I can't see that argument.

BiggerTigger

I agree with those that are saying its a nice walkthrough attraction away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of MK, but magic? I can't see that argument.
It's not just the attraction. Clear that tree out of that space and you have an empty spot (yes, they can put something else there, but most like it would be similar to Aladdin's Carpets), then there are the little details throughout the attraction, the water wheel system, the various rooms, etc. Most importantly, when you get to the top of the tree and look out amongst the property, that is a magical view.

Same can be said with all the different flowers and gardens throughout the kingdom. Strip the place of flowers or just have a few placed in plastic pots just to add flowers and you have any other amusement park in the world. But the design and the theme, little nooks here and there, and you know you are at WDW.
SFTH offers these nooks, theming, and design and it's not high tech. Yet when you are there and you walk up those steps, it brings a smile to your face. That's Magic.

prberk

Couldn't agree more. Nice, low-tech family attraction with a great view at the top -- and many nice details to catch in later visits. Not to mention how the tree itself fits so well into the theming of the whole area. Kind of how the Space Mountain building itself adds something to the layout and ambiance of Tomorrowland, even if you never ride the ride.

Paul

Slowjack

Clearly "magic" is subjective, so I don't think anyone can make an argument that any attraction is more or less magical than another. But yeah, the treehouse is magical to me. It's one of the truly "adventurous" things in Adventureland. It transports you (mentally, I mean) to another place; it's an epic version of the treehouse we all wanted as kids (or one currently wants, if one is a kid); the ingenuity of the water-power is fun. It's not high-tech or thrilling--well, it's a little thrilling to me because I have a problem with heights--but it's not purporting to be.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Clearly "magic" is subjective, so I don't think anyone can make an argument that any attraction is more or less magical than another. But yeah, the treehouse is magical to me. It's one of the truly "adventurous" things in Adventureland. It transports you (mentally, I mean) to another place; it's an epic version of the treehouse we all wanted as kids (or one currently wants, if one is a kid); the ingenuity of the water-power is fun. It's not high-tech or thrilling--well, it's a little thrilling to me because I have a problem with heights--but it's not purporting to be.

Bravo :sohappy: I, too, can find the magic in the treehouse.

Not every attraction has to be an E-Ticket. :wave:

Sleeping*Beauty

I love the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I love the view from the top. I pretend that I'm not looking down on the Magic Kingdom, but that I'm looking down at that tropical paradise. Whenever I see the rooms I think about the diffrent parts of the movie. I love the movie and the treehouse is something I want to walk through again and again.

littlemom_3

I feel that if you have never stood at the top and looked towards Space Mountain after dark, that you are missing some of the magic. It is beautiful. This is now something that my husband and I do every trip. I think that MK is very nice to see from above after dark.

polarboi

Perhaps the treehouse has more appeal to older generations than to younger ones, in general?

The film Swiss Family Robinson was released in 1960 and re-released in 1981, according to IMDb. I was 4 years old in 1981 and have never seen the film.

I also didn't dream of having a treehouse as a boy. I had a computer and video games. These things vary from person to person, even within the same generation, but I just wonder if it may be slowly losing its appeal as the adults who remember the film fondly are growing up.

-p.b. :cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps the treehouse has more appeal to older generations than to younger ones, in general?

The film Swiss Family Robinson was released in 1960 and re-released in 1981, according to IMDb. I was 4 years old in 1981 and have never seen the film.

I also didn't dream of having a treehouse as a boy. I had a computer and video games. These things vary from person to person, even within the same generation, but I just wonder if it may be slowly losing its appeal as the adults who remember the film fondly are growing up.

Like I said , not every attraction has to an E-ticket.

It's really not fair to bring in computer/video games, as there is no comparison. It's apples and oranges.

As a teen I found no enjoyment in the TTA, but others have since convinced me to experience it, and I did indeed find it enjoyable.

Tom Sawyer island is great for elementary age chilrden, but do adults get the same thrill?

There is and should be a variety of experiences to entertain the whole family and/or the individual guest no matter the age, gender, heritage, IQ, or lifestyle!

jiminy.cricket

The treehouse is so cool! I love the way everything works! It's definitely better if you climb it at sunset. And I agree the view at the top is awesome. It's so peculiar that in the middle of the MK, at the top of the tree, all you can see is a vast expanse of forest; how does that figure?? You don't see any backstage areas at all (not that they exist-heehee; sorry to spoil the magic). It's kinda creepy at night when you imagine all the tropical animals that are moving about out there...haha. I still can't understand how that works!

Woo hoo! I'm a junior member!

polarboi

It's really not fair to bring in computer/video games, as there is no comparison. It's apples and oranges.

As a teen I found no enjoyment in the TTA, but others have since convinced me to experience it, and I did indeed find it enjoyable.

Oh, let me clarify.

I wasn't arguing against the Treehouse. I've always been a firm believer in having something at Disney for everyone. I'm glad there are things there for preschoolers, even though I have no kids, and I'm glad there are things there for people who want to sit and rest for a while, even though I usually have plenty of energy.

I was just trying to guess at a trend that might help explain why the Treehouse is so "magical" to some and so "boring" to others. It seems to me that those who get the most enjoyment out of it tend in general to be older than those who don't.

As for computers and video games, I only meant that for me, as a kid, electronic things held a lot more appeal than treehouses. I didn't mean to suggest it had to be one or the other.

TheColoradoKid

When we went in January I wasn't impressed with the shape of the treehouse. The whole water system wasn't working none of the moving stuff was operating and I thought it was in a great need of a refurb so I'm glad to see it get a much needed one.

figmntal95

:wave: Actually, they are getting it ready for an official SANJAYA meet and greet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually.......
They are renovating SGE to a new attraction:

Sanjaya Encounter!

Some more info on this:
As of 4/1 2009, Stitch's Great Escape will be turned into a new attraction: Sanjaya Encounter! This will mark the change of Tommorowland into SanjayaLand. Another speculated attraction for the area: Rockin' Sanjaya Mountain! Sort of like Rockin Space Mountain at DLR, Space Mountain will be transformed into a giant mohawk. Inside the mohawk, is where the new thrill attraction will be located. The attraction will be a roller coaster type ride, while jammin' to Sanjaya's greatest hits. ( COVER YOUR EARS! ) SGE will close 4/1 2008, to make way for the new attraction. Space mountain will close, when Hell Freezes Over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom