Trapped on Spaceship Earth - 3/11/18

Raineman

We expect photos if the work lights come on.

Although last year I rode the second third with the work lights on but for no reason...
I would love to be just a little ways into the descent when the work lights come on-I’ve always wondered exactly what the top of SSE looks like with a bit of light, because even in the darkness, it looks impressive. What kind of details would we see in the show scenes with the lights on? I am very intrigued.

nitstalker

I saw at one point the line for SSE was obscenely long, I bet that's when you guys were stuck...

I've only been stuck twice (on the same day too) Pirates for about 20 mins - I still have flashbacks of Yo Ho A pirates life for me lol

And the carousel of progress got messed up on the transition and it kept playing the song over and over and over

We got a stack of handwritten fastpasses (this was about 2008-2009) for the ordeal :)

KBLovedDisney

Oof, that's a real Sophie's Choice right there.
Got stuck at the end of JII in its current version. Lights were off, no effects, just "IMAGINATION! IMAGINATION!" Over and over and over and over...for 15 minutes straight. At least on IASW you have dancing dolls to look at and second and third versus of a song to hear, but no. I had non-stop JII chorus blaring at me...in the dark...with no sign of hope.

Phineas

Got stuck at the end of JII in its current version. Lights were off, no effects, just "IMAGINATION! IMAGINATION!" Over and over and over and over...for 15 minutes straight. At least on IASW you have dancing dolls to look at and second and third versus of a song to hear, but no. I had non-stop JII chorus blaring at me...in the dark...with no sign of hope.
:arghh:
Well, you lived to tell the tale so that's...something?

Phineas

That thread is a wormhole! Do you realize how much company time I've spent on that thread alone???
clicks anyway.

I can barely go 5 months...dang! Yeah, it's a must every year if not twice a year for me.
It used to be the same for me. But then all these adult responsibilities and expenses got in the way, and now I'm just sad. I'm currently searching for a better-paying job. I just have to remember to not say in interviews that I'm interested in working there for WDW-related prospects.

jaklgreen

I don't understand that I guess. SSE is wide open. How does he ride in a car for a long distance or use a stall in a bathroom, How could he not look to one side and see the exit path. It seems hardly confining. I have leg issues, not crippling, but, requires careful stepping. My fear would be having to walk down those stairways, not sitting in a ride open ride vehicle.

It has to do with control and could you get out if you wanted to. Going into a bathroom stall, you still have the option to leave when you want. Being stuck on a ride that you can't just get out and walk away from is completely different.

Goofyernmost

It has to do with control and could you get out if you wanted to. Going into a bathroom stall, you still have the option to leave when you want. Being stuck on a ride that you can't just get out and walk away from is completely different.
Yes, I understand now that It was explained more completely. I would hate to be trapped in that mind, because that is where the trap is. I would hope that the person has made an attempt at getting help because life like that just wouldn't be worth living in my opinion. Staying at home in a secure space is the only answer that I can even imagine.

jaklgreen

Yes, I understand now that It was explained more completely. I would hate to be trapped in that mind, because that is where the trap is. I would hope that the person has made an attempt at getting help because life like that just wouldn't be worth living in my opinion. Staying at home in a secure space is the only answer that I can even imagine.

I guess that is why they call them irrational fears. All of it is in your head but a lot of people can't seem to "fix" it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom